Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 02:24 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times

Advertisements

Let's just shoot all the teenagers now. They are only adult criminals in training, after all, and rude an uncooperative as well.

* Vote Zimmerman*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 02:39 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheNameOfGod View Post
Right wingers are defending the RULE OF LAW.

You violate the law there will be consequences.

I've heard that so called innocent girl was a drug addict anyway.
You know nothing of the rule of law.

That's why it's matters to you that supposedly she was a drug addict.

You want to law ignored because she was a drug addict.

How vile.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
When a burglar comes to your house at 4AM, you do not know if the burglar is a teen, adult, male, female, black or white. All you know is that there is somebody attempting to force their way into your house and your survival instincts kick in. I actually think the man showed great restraint in only firing 2 times. If it is me, I am shooting until the magazine is empty. I am sorry about the girl and I pray that the Lord will turn her around and maybe she gets another chance at life and learns from her stupidity. But I cannot fault the man who shot her.
Nobody came to anybody's house. It was an unoccupied fishing cabin.

Seriously, you need to learn to read.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:47 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope View Post
This "Lord" you are bothering with your prayers...what would he do if some kid broke into his house?

Shoot till the magazine is empty?

I don't think so. Do not claim to be a Christian when you don't follow the teachings of Christ ie.

"THOU SHALT NOT KILL".
The Lord has powers we as people don't. You cannot break into the house of the Lord. You would have better luck breaking into the White House when the President is home. But even if you could, the Lord would not worry because he can settle you down really fast.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:53 PM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Nobody came to anybody's house. It was an unoccupied fishing cabin.

Seriously, you need to learn to read.
Still, under Stand Your Ground and the Castle Doctrine, it is a residence. I am not saying I agree with the shooting here but it is legally justified and charges cannot be brought.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
The Left is trying their damnedest to make anything illegal normal. That's why they don't like LEGALLY defending yourself.

You seem to not understand what defending ones self entails... generally one would be percieved to be in danger of harm... a person fleeing causes no such threat.

While the right may like to value material or people, in most states it is not held as such. You don't have the right to protect property unless you are in danger or threatened.

I don't condone the actions of the kids. but I don't think shooting someone for an unknown problem or when you have no clue if who you are shooting is in fact the culprit is an appropriate action.

I find it odd how people think the shooting is appropriate response. Since when did we decide people should be judge, jury and executioner? Did anyone consider that maybe she wasn't involved?

If you are on an island, why not call the police? escape isn't very likely....

Old 04-24-2012, 05:54 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You know nothing of the rule of law.

That's why it's matters to you that supposedly she was a drug addict.

You want to law ignored because she was a drug addict.

How vile.
A drug addict apparently robbing a drug trafficker.

You can't make stupidity safe.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:14 AM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,797 times
How is it a tragedy when a person protects their life or property?

There is no justification for crime. If a person commits a crime the victim has every right to kill them.
Do the crime, do the time, or die in the process.

All I see here is one less piece of garbage off the streets and society much safer.

Age is no excuse for committing crimes.

The shooter should be awarded a medal.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:31 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
When you're running away, you may be armed but not dangerous. But then, I'm no pro-lifer. I'm pro-choicer. I would have given them the choice to run, and call the police.

just because you are running away does not mean you are not dangerous.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:48 AM

409 posts, read 254,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
My God, it's amazing what you people twist.

THE POINT is, if you run a red light, you COULD find yourself involved in an horrific accident, possibly killing yourself or someone else.

If you park in the wrong space, you could find yourself down at the tow lot paying an exorbitant amount of money to the towing thieves for your bad choices.

The POINT is, if you do something wrong, you are probably going to face some consequence due to your actions and sometimes those consequences are deadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies