Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:51 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
You seem to not understand what defending ones self entails... generally one would be percieved to be in danger of harm... a person fleeing causes no such threat.

While the right may like to value material or people, in most states it is not held as such. You don't have the right to protect property unless you are in danger or threatened.

I don't condone the actions of the kids. but I don't think shooting someone for an unknown problem or when you have no clue if who you are shooting is in fact the culprit is an appropriate action.

I find it odd how people think the shooting is appropriate response. Since when did we decide people should be judge, jury and executioner? Did anyone consider that maybe she wasn't involved?

If you are on an island, why not call the police? escape isn't very likely....
Since kids decided they think other people's property is theirs. Also, if she wasn't involved, why was she there? Man you guys reach for straws every single time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 10:22 AM

1,182 posts, read 1,139,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
You seem to not understand what defending ones self entails... generally one would be percieved to be in danger of harm... a person fleeing causes no such threat.

While the right may like to value material or people, in most states it is not held as such. You don't have the right to protect property unless you are in danger or threatened.

I don't condone the actions of the kids. but I don't think shooting someone for an unknown problem or when you have no clue if who you are shooting is in fact the culprit is an appropriate action.

I find it odd how people think the shooting is appropriate response. Since when did we decide people should be judge, jury and executioner? Did anyone consider that maybe she wasn't involved? And, if she wasn't involved she should not have been there. What kind of parents does she have when she is out at 4AM with 2 scum looking rednecks? When you keep bad company you get bad things.

If you are on an island, why not call the police? escape isn't very likely....
I work hard for my property. You don't have the right to force your way into my home and take it from me. I have the right to prevent you from doing so.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
RIP Summer

Summer Moody funeral service begins shortly in Foley | al.com

Old 04-30-2012, 08:57 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Actually, the real problem is private property. No private property, nothing to steal.

Peace,
brian
Really? So nobody steals in communist China or Cuba.
Wow.

-:-

Old 04-30-2012, 08:57 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Vince Bellucci, an attorney for Tyree, has suggested that the focus should be on the men who fired the shots. Baldwin County Sheriff Huey “Hoss” Mack Jr. said last week that Larry Dean Duncan and William Hearn fired one warning shot each and that one of them hit Moody.
Tyree could be up on murder charges with his other 2 living cohorts, because it was probable due to their actions, this even took place.

Last edited by Darkatt; 04-30-2012 at 09:06 AM..

Old 12-14-2012, 11:50 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Just reposting in view of the Conneticut shooting...no doubt all legal guns used..here is the response I had got at suggesting your gun laws were out of hand a while back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAnnThrope
Soon, America will become so ridden with gun violence that even the most rabid pro-gun supporter will be forced to realize that GUNS KILL PEOPLE.

The statistics are insane and growing daily. Gun death and injury statistics are skyrocketing and soon EVERYONE in the US will know someone who has been injured, killed, or traumatized due to a crazy with a (legal) arsenal.

It is the American disease, and the worse thing is, you guys don't even know you're sick.

The response I got -

PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE!!!!! IT TAKES SOMEONE BEHIND THE GUN TO SHOOT IT!!!!!! ANYONE CAN KILL ANYONE WITH ANYTHING!!!!!!

In your country it is okay to trust your government enough to turn over your weapons to it.

In my country, left, right, or center, you cannot trust the government with a f***ing paper clip. Americans are fundamentally different because our country was founded on principals of personal freedom and we should have every right as American citizens to hold our government accountable and to be able to protect our lives our fortunes and our property.

If you don't live here, or have never visited, and you read statistics on gun violence please understand that unless you go to the NRA website and look at the true statistics, the numbers are sequed. They put together murder and accidents, they don't separate them.

Although I'm sure your country is great, we have the 2nd Amendment. The numbers of people, of all political affiliation, agreeing with that Amendment are on the rise.

You can't take our guns away no matter how much you want to.

Whether you believe in God or not, we still have fight or flight. That right is given to us by God, or by nature depending on what you believe in.

[+] Rate this post positively

Interesting how this poster (who was a teenager) doesn't trust his Government one iota, but no doubt he supports the DP as well, thereby giving that untrustable Government the right to legally murder it's citizens.

Ohhhhkayyyy...if there's any sort of logic to this type of thinking, it escapes me.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:22 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I wonder if the guy who shot this little girl is telling this tale with great pride with his buddies while drinking beer? Must have been the highlight of his life.

Old 12-15-2012, 12:07 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actions have consequences, if you are breaking the law, you tend to get what you deserve.

so i guess all stop light runners should be shot

meanwhile the fat cat banksters get out of jail cards for free

Old 12-15-2012, 12:10 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Another thread for the sociopaths. Mind you, they are consistent. It could be a 7 year-old burglarizing their home, and they'd be hear grunting out in their broken English, "He break law, he get killed! That what he deserve!!!"

Old 12-15-2012, 06:19 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
so i guess all stop light runners should be shot

meanwhile the fat cat banksters get out of jail cards for free
Jaywalkers, people accidentally trespassing, people who run red lights, people who text while driving, in some areas people who wear sagging pants. ALL OF THEM DESERVE TO GET SHOT AND KILLED BECAUSE LAW BREAKING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies