Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:47 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times

Advertisements

Isn't "cockroaches" what the Hutu's called the Tutsi's during the butchery in Rwanda?

Words matter folks. And as a song writer, Nugent knows it.

"….I begged everyone to register and vote, because warriors give up their lives so that we can. I spotlighted cockroaches and rallied those who care to stomp ’em out at the voting booth in November…."

Nugent: American duty to ‘spotlight cockroaches’
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2012, 09:11 PM

867 posts, read 498,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Isn't "cockroaches" what the Hutu's called the Tutsi's during the butchery in Rwanda?

"….I begged everyone to register and vote, because warriors give up their lives so that we can. I spotlighted cockroaches and rallied those who care to stomp ’em out at the voting booth in November…."

Nugent needs to offer an apology - to cockroaches!!!

Old 04-20-2012, 09:13 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,465 times
Quote:

You're kidding, right? Hutus and Tutsis? You think Nugents words may lead to genocide?

Really?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:19 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,480,636 times
Quote:

Just a thought.

Maybe cockroaches could be interpreted as cockroaches.

Liberals are a bunch of freaks.

And words don't matter as much as you super sensitive flamers think they do.

Can't people stop all this politically correct crap? There's nothing normal about acting this way.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:22 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,312 times
Has anyone heard what Steven Stills has called the political opposition?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:23 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:

I would disagree with that. I would say that they are more similar to a well trained dog. Liberalis tend to have marginal intelligence, yet are able to follow orders fairly well. This is similar to my Lab and is far greater than a cockroach.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:31 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Just a thought.

Maybe cockroaches could be interpreted as cockroaches.
Yes, but only an idiot would do so.

Quote:
Liberals are a bunch of freaks.

And words don't matter as much as you super sensitive flamers think they do.
Plato and Aristotle disagree. You don't think that the great thinkers of Western civilization knew what they were talking about? Words matter.

Quote:
Can't people stop all this politically correct crap? There's nothing normal about acting this way.
And you make this diagnosis based on your degree in what exactly?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:35 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
You're kidding, right? Hutus and Tutsis? You think Nugents words may lead to genocide?

Really?
No, of course not. But, Nugent is an intelligent guy. He knows the danger of inflammatory rhetoric and I'd be genuinely surprised if he didn't know the connection between that word and genocide, yet he still uses it deliberately.

His hateful mouth isn't the problem. The problem lies with his listeners who are too ready to accept the hate, the name calling, the divisive rhetoric, who never call anybody's hand over the use of their words so long as they agree with it.

That people are so accepting of violent metaphors says more about us than it does about people like Nugent, doesn't it?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Words matter folks.
Folks are killer gang members.

Oh My God. You're inciting violence by calling everyone Folks. Better watch out because you just p*ssed off thousands of gang bangers in the Folk Nation.

People are going to die ..... and it's all your fault.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
No, of course not. But, Nugent is an intelligent guy. He knows the danger of inflammatory rhetoric and I'd be genuinely surprised if he didn't know the connection between that word and genocide, yet he still uses it deliberately.

His hateful mouth isn't the problem. The problem lies with his listeners who are too ready to accept the hate, the name calling, the divisive rhetoric, who never call anybody's hand over the use of their words so long as they agree with it.

That people are so accepting of violent metaphors says more about us than it does about people like Nugent, doesn't it?
So, if the Yankees beat the Red Sox 15 to nothing, you can't say that the Red Sox got slaughtered?

Remember free speech?

If I want to call an insect by it's name, I'm going to do it. Even if it's a cockroach. And if I want to call members of the Democratic Party cockroaches, I'm going to do that too. We don't live in Rwanda and Ted Nugent is free to call the opposition party whatever he wants. And his listeners are free to listen.

The Black Panthers incite violence all the time. And they really mean it.

Nugent fans are not just sitting at home waiting for him to use the code word and start killing Liberals. You are paranoid.

And I'll be damned if I'm going to live my life censoring myself because you Lefties might mistake what I say for something else or because you dislike it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies