Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 06:55 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
lived in france 5 years. any illusion that it was better and more ethical and enlightened and had more opportunity than america was eradicated within first 2 years there.
i love it here.
i was born here.
sweetest words i ever heard in my life was from us customs when i came back,
welcome home huck.
So very true. I wonder if the OP even has a passport? Visting a country for a holiday and living in a foreign country are two different things. I can only wonder how many countries the OP has lived in that he can use as a gauge against America as a country and Americans.

Americans are still the most generous when it comes to donations and giving aid worldwide. We have more rights and liberties than any other country. We protect and give rights to children and animals, we protect and care for women who suffer from domestic violence and children who are abused. Why is America still the country that people want to migrate to?

The problem with America is our government, not the people. We are becoming a nation of angry and resentful people because of all the conflict within; conflict created by government and controlled by government. But we still have our rights and freedom, or at least we are trying to hold onto them, because in my opinion, our rights and freedom as we know them are slowly being chipped away at by government.

Since we are free to travel anywhere we choose, I suggest that the OP go live somewhere else for 3 years and then get back to us.

As the Brits would say: Cheers!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 06:56 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DT113876 View Post
I use the British English there, because I'm talking about Americans, and I want to distance myself from the country of my birth . And based on what I see in this board and in real life, I honestly believe Americans are stupid, anti-intellectual, cruel, and/or inhuman, for the most part. Lacking both critical thought and compassion, there's nothing redeemed about most of them. The basic goodness people think is at the heart of Americans is not evident to me. I think most people in this country deserve to eat the crap that the politicians dish out regularly here, it's not like they don't have it coming to them.

America, your life sucks and nobody to blame? Look in the mirror.
When there is a tsunamis who does the world call?
When hitler took Europe who helped liberate the people?
When Africa needs food who sends it?

Old 04-21-2012, 07:00 AM

692 posts, read 1,355,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
When there is a tsunamis who does the world call?
When hitler took Europe who helped liberate the people?
When Africa needs food who sends it?
Ghost Busters????

When you need Napalm in your jungles, who you going to call.

If Commies are in your neighborhood, who you going to call.

LMAO.

Always have a good chucle when the Americans some how single handedly save the world. As for WW2 a lot of other Allied forces did help quite a bit, including the Soviet Union (Russia and it's enclaves) who had losses amunting to nearly 25 million people, last time I looked.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:08 AM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,020 times
Quote:
I use the British English there, because I'm talking about Americans, and I want to distance myself from the country of my birth . And based on what I see in this board and in real life, I honestly believe Americans are stupid, anti-intellectual, cruel, and/or inhuman, for the most part. Lacking both critical thought and compassion, there's nothing redeemed about most of them. The basic goodness people think is at the heart of Americans is not evident to me. I think most people in this country deserve to eat the crap that the politicians dish out regularly here, it's not like they don't have it coming to them.

What part of your post is in "British English"? Would that be in the title, where you wrote "America are..."? Didn't you mean America IS or Americans ARE? What was that again about us being stupid and anti-intellectual?

Old 04-21-2012, 07:28 AM

1,329 posts, read 832,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
So very true. I wonder if the OP even has a passport? Visting a country for a holiday and living in a foreign country are two different things. I can only wonder how many countries the OP has lived in that he can use as a gauge against America as a country and Americans.
I lived in the UK many years ago, and I've also lived in one US territory. So yes, I have a passport. Less religion shoved in peoples faces, more skeptical people, and a more compassionate and understanding attitude and less dogmaticly commited to an ideology than Americans. Again, Americans lack both compassion and intelligence- what exactly have they got going for them? I've never heard so many callous rationalizations for suffering as on the forum, or so many uncritical and thoughtless attitudes.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:39 AM

410 posts, read 1,107,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Why is America still the country that people want to migrate to?
Because we have the biggest pile of money. We are the world's "rich uncle".

Old 04-21-2012, 07:40 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
I lived in the UK many years ago, and I've also lived in one US territory. So yes, I have a passport. Less religion shoved in peoples faces, more skeptical people, and a more compassionate and understanding attitude and less dogmaticly commited to an ideology than Americans. Again, Americans lack both compassion and intelligence- what exactly have they got going for them? I've never heard so many callous rationalizations for suffering as on the forum, or so many uncritical and thoughtless attitudes.
There is simply no reason to engage someone so filled with hate, other than to expose them for what the are. No need to sell the country to you, there are millions who see what you don't. Who risk like and limb to get here.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:40 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:

That's whats great about The United States of America, you are free to think what you want about other people.

BTW, your British English is more like what we see here from a person who learned English in a foreign country, it's terrible......

Old 04-21-2012, 07:52 AM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
If you have a passport, please feel free to leave Central Florida.
We are already at capacity for whackadoodles.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:53 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:

Wow, evidently it is you, somehow I don't see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies