Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 07:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,329,907 times

Advertisements

Petty childish statement. Is it the fad today for saying "cut your head off" ?
The terrorists have won folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2012, 07:25 AM

46,222 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
LoL, there's no interpretation there. It's basic understanding of the English language.

Would it have been better if he championed second amendment solutions to get rid of Walker?
LOL, yes, then your leftist friends should do the same.....

You know darn well, that if this was a rightie, it would have been on every single major news channel.....

Oh, wait, so what you're saying is that everyone on the left needs to go back to grammar school, cause they took Ted's comments out of context? I'll agree with that....

Old 04-21-2012, 07:31 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,887,472 times
Hey, why are so many conservative posters skipping over my post as if it did not exist? Oh, because it flies in the face of the "leftist hyprocricy" argument you want to make.

See only what you want to see. Whatever.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:34 AM

46,222 posts, read 26,980,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
Hey, why are so many conservative posters skipping over my post as if it did not exist? Oh, because it flies in the face of the "leftist hyprocricy" argument you want to make.

See only what you want to see. Whatever.
You edited your post.....so no, nobody was flying over your post....you edited it after we have already read your post....no need to go back and re-read something.....

Get over yourself....

Old 04-21-2012, 07:37 AM

1,332 posts, read 993,001 times
Persoanlly...I think people get too caught up in all of the innuendos made in speeches....'cut off their heads'....'if obama is elected I'll either be dead or in jail by this time next year'...and on and on.

How about a president that says we need to change the 'tone'....we need to be more civil in our responses and in our speech because he doesn't want his daughters to grow up AFRAID to speak their mind....and then turns around and accepts a $1,000,000 donation from one of the most vile people on the planet?

What if...Mr. President....someone down the road called YOUR daughter a C***? What if your daughter had a child and someone publicly said 'She was F***ed so hard that the baby just fell right out'?? Yet these were words uttered by a man who YOU accepted a $1,000,000 donation from....and then said that we 'need to change the tone'.

if we should be upset by ANYTHING it's this sort of double standard NONSENSE that the left wing dorks hide behind. And I know..the argument is that bill maher is a comedian and he is not in the same boat as others and he has his own show on HBO that you have to pay for to hear his comments.....well...that isn't true. You can go on YOUTUBE and see ANY bill maher comment you want. And I wonder how the left wingers would feel if someone like Dennis Miller said that when Mrs. obama had her baby she was F***ed so hard the baby just fell right out? For me...being a conservative....I would be OUTRAGED...and I know the left would be over the top OUTRAGED...yet somehow they feel that bill maher is 'funny' when he says it about Sarah Palin or her daughter.

In the end....who gives a damn what some idiot said about cutting of the head of Scott Walker? It's nothing more than a way to charge up a crowd...a metaphoric statement....the same as Ted Nugent's statement. What people should be MORE worried about is the double standard set forth by the so-called leadership of this country regarding this sort of speech. I don't think this speaker will get a visit from the Secret Service as Ted did...and THAT...more than the speech itself bothers the hell out of me.

I want HONESTY in our elected officials. I don't want a system where it's fair for one side to do this and not for the other....because theat SMACKS of a power take over. This is a democracy...and free speech is part of it...but if you call for a change in 'tone', then it better damn well be for BOTH sides of the political spectrum,and you better be prepared to LIVE what you PREACH.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:38 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,475,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
If I could specify more clearly what bothers me is when people speak of doing violence to specific people or groups of people, because even if it is metaphor, it can encourage those who might act violently.
Gee,

Do you think a mob of angry union boobs MIGHT be capable of acting violently?

Old 04-21-2012, 07:39 AM

10,567 posts, read 12,792,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Wow, he sounds like a Muslim terrorist. That sounded like a death threat on an elected official. It at the very least should be investigated as such.
You took the words right out of my mouth. Odd,how if you hate long enough you become what you hate.

If you want 'change'--you had better be ready to control yourself if you want to control others that need control.

This sounds like intellectual panic...the easy route out...The power of the mind is more profound than the power of the chopping block.

An intelligent person does not threaten..they do...and I don't mean through violence...If they want to start cutting off heads..the idea should be put forth like this. WE WILL REMOVE YOU FROM OFFICE..WE WILL REMOVE ALL THE HEADS THAT ARE NO LONGER THINKING STRAIGHT.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You edited your post.....so no, nobody was flying over your post....you edited it after we have already read your post....no need to go back and re-read something.....

Get over yourself....
I did edit my post to add the comments about "war" language, but the original post disapproved of the pastor's words, which was showing that I was not hypocritical. But, people ignored that because they wanted so bad to claim that leftists are hypocritical, so they ignored the evidence of my post.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Gee,

Do you think a mob of angry union boobs MIGHT be capable of acting violently?
Yes, and that is why I disapproved of the pastors language and said he went over the line.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:56 AM

4,428 posts, read 4,475,708 times
Why do the Democrats have Communists inciting violence at their rallies?

In addition to McJunkins' suggestion to behead Scott Walker, William McNary delivered the keynote speech. McNary is a longtime ally of the Communist Party U.S.A. and President Obama. McNary is the President of USAction, a self proclaimed “aggressive progressive” and a frequent speaker at left-wing Union events in Illinois and around the Midwest, including the Communist Party U.S.A.’s 2005 annual convention.

We didn’t ask for this fight, we didn’t pick this fight, but if it’s a fight you want, it’s a fight you gonna get. Knuckle up! Knuckle up! Knuckle up!” he shouted to the roaring crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies