U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-23-2012, 08:26 AM

2,850 posts, read 1,628,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
Really?
Are you serious?

Breitbart was nothing more than a provocateur. He made his living off of the exploitation and manipulation of "low information." people. Breitbart engaged in his outrageous behaviors knowing full well that he was misinforming and mischaracterizing situations so as to stir up passions to foment discord and division. His campaigns were always disingenuous and never insightful. His stunts spread misery to a lot of ordinary people.

There is nothing good that can be said about a person like that. His actions were the height of irresponsibility. Such a person should not be celebrated, but condemned.
This description applys to a large % of people in the public square
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 08:27 AM

14,812 posts, read 7,647,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I didn't say he died from alcohol poisoning, I said he died from long alcohol abuse. The body processes alcohol pretty quickly, you can drink 24 beers today and in 2 days it will be completely gone from your body, while the long term damage remains.
The physical manifestations of long term alcohol abuse are variable but, in general, are not very obvious in younger men i.e. 43. More often, they are seen later in life--the 50's and beyond.

There have been a number of posts in this thread that Andrew Breitbart was a known heavy drinker. Can any of you who have posted this, show some published links e.g. DUI's, police reports, etc. to prove this claim? Otherwise, I'm going to take it as character assassination, along with all the other slander this thread is littered with.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:45 AM

19,913 posts, read 8,219,712 times
Breitbart was a smoker, drinker, and notably overweight. His lifestyle no doubt contributed to his untimely death.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:51 AM

11,544 posts, read 4,113,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
The physical manifestations of long term alcohol abuse are variable but, in general, are not very obvious in younger men i.e. 43. More often, they are seen later in life--the 50's and beyond.

There have been a number of posts in this thread that Andrew Breitbart was a known heavy drinker. Can any of you who have posted this, show some published links e.g. DUI's, police reports, etc. to prove this claim? Otherwise, I'm going to take it as character assassination, along with all the other slander this thread is littered with.
Breitbart was also overweight and repeatedly enraged.

I have known and continue to know heavy drinkers and none of them have police reports. Breitbart admits to a history of boozing it up, I supplied a link, if you don't believe your eyes, oh well.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:53 AM

11,544 posts, read 4,113,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Breitbart was a smoker, drinker, and notably overweight. His lifestyle no doubt contributed to his untimely death.
Throw in the fact that he was repeatedly angry and you have a recipe for a shorter life span.

I know there are some people that think drinking, smoking, being fat, and constantly angry = long life, but these are the same people that subscribe to creationism.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:54 AM

2,751 posts, read 1,985,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
This is unfortunate news.
Someone the likes of Breitbart deserved a slow and torturous death, not the dignity of death by way of natural causes.

I would have wished that he had been abducted off of one of Americas streets and sent to a CIA "black site." where some CIA psychos would go to work on him with pliers, drills and a blowtorch.

Oh well, he's dead anyway.
Good riddance!!!!
This is one of the most irresponsible things I've ever read on City Data!

Fortunately most Americans still believe in upholding the First Amendment of the Constitution which protects a citizenís right to freedom of speech.

Even if you donít agree with anything Breitbart ever said you have to be crazy (like the guy in the video clip) to believe he should be tortured for saying it.

Well, the world's a twisted place... - YouTube

Old 04-23-2012, 09:04 AM

19,913 posts, read 8,219,712 times
Quote:
Throw in the fact that he was repeatedly angry and you have a recipe for a shorter life span.

I know there are some people that think drinking, smoking, being fat, and constantly angry = long life, but these are the same people that subscribe to creationism.

LOL!

Old 04-23-2012, 09:16 AM

14,812 posts, read 7,647,428 times
Quote:
Breitbart was also overweight and repeatedly enraged.

I have known and continue to know heavy drinkers and none of them have police reports. Breitbart admits to a history of boozing it up, I supplied a link, if you don't believe your eyes, oh well.

Some link.

He admits to boozing it up at parties while in college. Big deal. So did millions of other college students. I don't blame him for being resentful about that kind of question.

No police reports? Ok. Are there any reports of altercations he had, such as at parties, in bars, etc. while intoxicated?

If that one interview is all you have, then these comments from you and others are nothing more than slander.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:18 AM

1,031 posts, read 766,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Now look back over the thread. There are at least 10 brietbarts posting in it...some lefties, some righties.
No, not really.
While admittedly there can be lefty loudmouths and blowhards, there are no lefty Breitbarts.

While I can agree that lefty Breitbarts are a possible, that would be a discussion in the abstract. But the fact is that there are no lefty Breitbarts a part of contemporary American political discourse.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:20 AM

1,031 posts, read 766,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
This description applys to a large % of people in the public square
No it doesn't, not by a long shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies