Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 03:01 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Reread that statement.

I just did.

??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 03:02 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Not all rural neighborhoods are as you described - you are making a generalization - instead of specifically adressing the arrangement of this particular neighborhood. Now I don't know the actual layout any better then you do - I can conclude however that the houses were arranged in some form of close proximity because Robert Canoles was able to see Jean-Joseph and Angelina Kalonji attempting to enter the house.

As for your statement that people "don't want strangers walking up to let them know that their son has bought the house down the road" - apparently Robert Canoles did.

Aaaw c'mon now. Since when is it a requirement to check in with the neighbours in either a rural or urban setting. They may regard this as their own little fifedom but it's not.Anyone arriving on someone else's property is under no obligation, either legally or courteous to check in with Billy-Bob or Bobby-Joe Yahoo.

Denial of a freedom by unlawful detention of your citizens should be the first and foremost freedom guarded against being taken from you; matters little if it's yahoo Billy-Bob or officer DoRight.

Someone allowed by owners to be there is all the legal permission these people needed and the cops involved should have taken step one to verify that before hauling their asses off to the slammer. Doesn't anyone have a cel-phone in yahoo-land?

Out of range of cel reception? Well then the cops are even dumber than I thought because there should not be one area within their jurisdiction that they cannot contact, either via radio or cel-phone, the mother-ship!

Due diligence on the part of cops requires they use some common sense and if the story given to them has even a spark of plausability they are duty bound to corroberate BEFORE detaining or arresting anyone. "Probable cause" does not extend to arrest, it applies to investigative or stop and question rights only.

Only after that higher profile lawyer friend of their sons got involved were they accorded a modicum of courtesy and even he stated that one little phone call would have cleared up the whole thing before it got to the back seat of a cruiser.

Dumb people seem to abound in that area of the woods. New neighbour should think twice before moving in and being surrounded by armed idiots; whether they're driving tractors or police cruisers.

Last edited by BruSan; 04-25-2012 at 03:11 PM..

Old 04-25-2012, 03:03 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Maybe walking up to their sons house in the dark was an error on their behalf.
What part don't you get? We don't have to walk around hoping not to offend, scare, or cause suspicion from some rwnj with a gun. You don't get to go around pointing guns and in the zimmerman case blasting people away. I don't have to let you know I'm in the area. Thats crazy. I'm not going to walk around with proof of home ownership and citizenship papers in case some rwnj ask for them.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:05 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Oh my. I am so sorry. I created a thread yesterday on this topic. I swear I did a search but your's didn't show up. Sorry about that. And I hate duplicates. Think I'll ask a mod to merge.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aaaw c'mon now. Since when is it a requirement to check in with the neighbours in either a rural or urban setting. They may regard this as their own little fifedom but it's not.

Denial of a freedom by unlawful detention of your citizens should be the first and foremost freedom guarded against being taken from you; matters little if it's yahoo Billy-Bob or officer DoRight.

Someone allowed by owners to be there is all the leagl permission these people needed and the cops involved should have taken step one to verify that before hauling their asses off to the slammer. Doesn't anyone have a cel-phone in yahoo-land?

Out of range of cel reception? Well then the cops are even dumber than I thought because there should not be one area within their jurisdiction that they cannot contact, either via radio or cel-phone, the mother-ship!

Due diligence on the part of cops requires they use some common sense and if the story given to them has even a spark of plausability they are duty bound to corroberate BEFORE detaining or arresting anyone. "Probable cause" does not extend to arrest, it applies to investigative or stop and question rights only.
You are absolutely correct that the Canoles were wrong to hold the Kalonjis at gunpoint and that the police mishandled the situation. However none of that excuses theKkalonjis for walking up to a house where they were not known to be legal occupants, fiddle with the locks, without being open about what they were doing there. Robert and the cops were idiots, no doubt. The Kalonji's didn't help things be clear any better.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:08 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
I just did.

??????
Do I really have to spell it out? They were walking on their son's property, at the invitation of their son.

They didn't do anything wrong.

So why wouldn't they walk up to their own son's property in the dark? Who would think that's not okay? Should they have driven to every house in a 5 mile radius and told them what they were doing, just in case somebody should happen by?

As they had every right to be there and were not some guilty party going about nefarious business, it didn't occur to them, obviously, that people would think they were up to no good and that they needed to announce their intentions to everyone on the block.

They didn't do anything wrong.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
What part don't you get? We don't have to walk around hoping not to offend, scare, or cause suspicion from some rwnj with a gun. You don't get to go around pointing guns and in the zimmerman case blasting people away. I don't have to let you know I'm in the area. Thats crazy. I'm not going to walk around with proof of home ownership and citizenship papers in case some rwnj ask for them.
How do you know what Robert Canoles' political affiliation is?

Old 04-25-2012, 03:14 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,127 times
Quote:
How do you know what Robert Canoles' political affiliation is?
You can take one look at their photos and tell...very inbred looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Do I really have to spell it out? They were walking on their son's property, at the invitation of their son.
Robert Canoles didn't know that.

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
Different? Not at all. You misunderstand my argument. EVERYONE involved made mistakes. Jean-Joseph and Angelina should have introduced themselves to the neighbors, Robert Canoles should have not gone running in with guns drawn - and should not have involved the police, the police should have not arrested the Kalonjis or the Canoles. People here in CD should not be making this into a racial issue. I have been consistent with everything I have said - pardon me for being tired when this thread began and not staying up half the night explaining my position in detail just to satisfy YOU.
It is very different. First of all you only blamed the victims in your post. It wasn't up until the last couple of threads that you actual tried to shift a little blame on the actual perpetrators. I'm not even making it about race. What they did was stupid and Kalonjis should have to introduce themselves to their neighbors, especially at night. The Canoles should have gotten arrested because the broke laws. Stupid should hurt. You don't need to satisfy me, lol. But as long as you have admitted that your initial post was the stupidest post on CD today, then justice has been served.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies