Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 03:24 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Haaaar! Yeah right. You'd have their azzes in the back of a cop car so fast their little 'pea-pickin' brains would be spinning.
Calling the cops would be the last thing I would do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I applaud you for going down with the ship.
Titanic thread has sank several pages down the list. Feel free to raise it if you wish - but it has nothing to do with Canoles/Kalonji.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:26 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Robert Canoles didn't know that.
I realize that. But you said "Maybe walking up to their sons house in the dark was an error on their behalf".

In what free country is that ever an error? Ever?

If I have to go to a friend's new house, my parent's new house, to whomever's invited me's new house, especially in a rural neighborhood - I am not going to go to every neighbor's house to tell them I'm about to be walking up the path.

Don't you understand how ludicrous this is?

Old 04-25-2012, 03:30 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Calling the cops would be the last thing I would do.

Aaah, reading between the lines now, just opining, throwing it out there for consideration, tossing a fly ball here, but let me guess.......you'd blow their sweet asses out of their shoes for pointing weapons at your kids.... riiight?

I get it now; got that little membership card from the NRA in your wallet that confers special rights and priviledges, macho up the ying yang. Folks with guns using them for all the wrong reasons are all okie dokie with you.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:33 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
How do you know what Robert Canoles' political affiliation is?
Trust me I know.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aaah, reading between the lines now, just opining, throwing it out there for consideration, tossing a fly ball here, but let me guess.......you'd blow their sweet asses out of their shoes for pointing weapons at your kids.... riiight?

I get it now; got that little membership card from the NRA in your wallet that confers special rights and priviledges, macho up the ying yang. Folks with guns using them for all the wrong reasons are all okie dokie with you.
No I don't own a firearm nor do I belong to the NRA. I do support the 2nd Amendment and the rights of responsible gun owners.

Now that you know a little about me - would you like to re-think your assumption? I am unarmed - and still would call the cops only as a last resort. Think there might be other actions that could be taken that you are neglecting to consider?

Old 04-25-2012, 03:44 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by analyze_this View Post
You can take one look at their photos and tell...very inbred looking.
LOL. Now that's just low.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:32 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
No I don't own a firearm nor do I belong to the NRA. I do support the 2nd Amendment and the rights of responsible gun owners.

Now that you know a little about me - would you like to re-think your assumption? I am unarmed - and still would call the cops only as a last resort. Think there might be other actions that could be taken that you are neglecting to consider?
You would of course then simply chat with the gun toting individuals who would point AR-15's at your children and let it go at that, as the only other viable scenario to my hypothetical situation? Sounds reasonable, NOT!

I'll back up then and consider another viewpoint that you're just misguided in your understanding of what the 2nd amendment was intended to convey upon people.

Do you think the 2nd amendment rights extend to using a firearm to unlawfully confront someone with that firearm and also to unlawfully restricting their movements?

The key to your post is in the words "responsible gun owners." My opinion only, but these two are nothing like the people owning firearms envisioned by the crafters of your 2nd amendment.

Old 04-25-2012, 04:35 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
At least the they didn't fire their guns. The new measure for good neighbors, I guess.

"'He told us to put our hands up and to get out of the house or they would shoot us,' Congo-born Jean told the Atlanta Journal Constitution. . . The homeowners were arrested and taken away in a patrol car by Newton County Sheriff deputies and later charged with loitering and prowling."

Read more: Not the nicest of welcomes: Couple held at gunpoint by new neighbours who threatened to shoot them after thinking they were burglars | Mail Online

Why didn't he just explain to them that he was African not black American. I'm sure that would have stopped it.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Trust me I know.
How?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies