Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 01:42 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,383,950 times

Advertisements

There was also a ton of scrutiny for voter fraud. Still, there were complaints. There's a site out there that gives a full list of machine complaints. Most are basic malfunctions, but some are labeled 'malfeasance'. Also, considering O'Dell from Diebold had been an unabashed top fundraiser and supporter for GWB, it makes sense that no one would cry foul in an election where Bush didn't get elected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 02:44 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I noticed there were no complaints about rigged voting machines and Diebold conspiracies after the '06 elections. Amazing.
Good point. I forgot to mention that.
I wonder how many machines were "rigged" in the '06 elections. And since the Democrats regained control of Congress, I guess they "fixed" the '06 election!

Old 09-18-2007, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Classic! Palm Beach County has a very large elderly, very Jewish population hailing from the Northeast, particularly New York.

It doesn't seem the LEAST bit strange that PAT BUCHANAN got soooo many votes in those districts?

If I were one of the last remaining "baby eating Bush" supporters (those that would justify and stick up for Dubya if he ate a live baby on National television), I would be ASHAMED that Bush "won" on a technicality - stupid voters, stupid ballots, or otherwise.
If they knew how to vote, Pat wouldn't have got so many votes in those districts!

Is there evidence available showing ballots marked for Gore which were counted for Buchannan?

And, again, practically all of those who voted for Bush here (including myself) have strongly criticized him on several subjects (not closing the border, spending too much, etc). There are no more "baby eating Bush" supporters here than there are Clinton or Gore or Kerry or Hillary "baby eating" supporters.

Old 09-18-2007, 04:14 PM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
Default The wacky leftists are blind!

In post #7 Fleet wrote:
Bush's records show that he was never AWOL. That is just some wacky myth invented by the leftists.
Yeah, the wacky leftists are the real cause of the mythical shortcomings, failures, and mistakes of gwb! He has been a more than perfect president but, those dam wacko leftists just can't see the truth. When will they open their eyes to his huge list of accomplishments that have raised the status of the USA in the eyes of the world and just about every American citizen? When will they open their eyes and see that a very large percentage of Americans love this man dearly and wish that he could be president for another 8 years or even until he dies? Those wacko leftists are blind to the fact that the all over the world this man is highly respected and loved by almost everyone? The only people who fail to see these truths are the wacko leftists!

blessings...Franco

Old 09-18-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAgeRedneck View Post
In post #7 Fleet wrote:
Bush's records show that he was never AWOL. That is just some wacky myth invented by the leftists.
Yeah, the wacky leftists are the real cause of the mythical shortcomings, failures, and mistakes of gwb! He has been a more than perfect president but, those dam wacko leftists just can't see the truth. When will they open their eyes to his huge list of accomplishments that have raised the status of the USA in the eyes of the world and just about every American citizen? When will they open their eyes and see that a very large percentage of Americans love this man dearly and wish that he could be president for another 8 years or even until he dies? Those wacko leftists are blind to the fact that the all over the world this man is highly respected and loved by almost everyone? The only people who fail to see these truths are the wacko leftists!

blessings...Franco
Still doesn't change the fact that Bush was never AWOL. If he was, it would have been in his Air National Guard records.

And again, pointing out a myth does NOT mean a 100% support for Pres. Bush. I don't know why some people always assume that.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:05 AM

7,841 posts, read 18,995,793 times
Default I don't have an answer for you!

Fleet wrote:
And again, pointing out a myth does NOT mean a 100% support for Pres. Bush. I don't know why some people always assume that.
Since I'm not one of the people assumming you have 100% support for Pres Bush, I really don't have an answer for you. Sorry.

blessings...Franco

Old 10-03-2007, 01:18 AM

531 posts, read 1,743,895 times
Whether the next president is a Republican or a Democrat --they'll be an improvement over the group currently running things! (At least I sure hope so!)

Old 10-03-2007, 04:57 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Dont forget this on the Bush's resume

i set the record for the most population flight out of a major city (new Orleans) by not caring about folks having funds to rebuild their homes and school and levees after Hurricane Katrina

Old 10-03-2007, 07:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnubler View Post
Resume - George W. Bush

GEORGE W. BUSH 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Washington , DC 20520
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
LAW ENFORCEMENT
I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine , in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available. <----------- and? You aware that Al Gores son has been arrested NUMEROUS times? If your still brining up a DUI 30 years after the fact and was a minor infraction at the time.. (and some say its still one) then he's far from a hardened criminal, wouldnt you say?
MILITARY
I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam <--------------Um.. he didnt go AWOL and the problem with wanting to avoid combat is?
COLLEGE
I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader. <------ I graduated with a low C average, and now run a multi million dollar comany that I started, My brother has an IQ exceeding 180, he dropped out of school and has failed to even obtain his GED.. He's doing rather well financially though. Whats your point? As far as the cheerleader comment, are you accusing cheerleaders of being stupid? Again, whats your point?
PAST WORK EXPERIENCE
I ran for U.S. Congress and lost. I began my career in the oil business in Midland , Texas , in 1975. I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas . The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock. <---- So? Lincoln ran for numerous offices and lost every one of them. Turned out to be one of our best presidents.. Are you stating that ONLY those who raise enough money for each and every campaign make good presidents? I state just otherwise because the more campaigns they lose, the less they've sold out.
I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money. With the help of my father and our friends in the oil industry, including Enron CEO Ken Lay, I was elected governor of Texas . <---- Isnt that what all baseball team owners do? While I dont like it, surely I dont see you making up resumes for the 30+ owners of baseball teams and slandering them. Him winning the election, mmm, didnt you just try to slam him for losing an election, now your trying to slam him for winning one. Make up your mind...
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS
I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union .
During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America <---------- Where did you find such twisted facts.. According to the American Lung association, not one city in Texas even ranked in the top 25.. http://www.lungusa.org/site/pp.asp?c=dvLUK9O0E&b=50752
I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money. <---- you really need to check your facts, Texas had a $1.4 BIllion dollar surplus when he left office.
I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.
With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida , and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I became President after losing by over 500,000 votes. <--------- First point, When Bush Sr left office, there were 99 Federal Judge positions empty, which CLINTON filled. Second, learn how the election system works, you dont win by popular votes, never did..

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT
I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record. <--- Are you again referring to that DUI that was 30 years old? And Clinton didnt inhale, another federal crime?
I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week. <--- With the approval of the UN, and nearly 100% of the Republicans AND Democrats, including the former Democratic President, and Senator Clinton, who was aware of the very same intelligence..
I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury. <---- War tends to do that...
I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history. <------ War tends to do that..
I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period. <------ Would this be the same 12 month period that people were scrambling to file to beat a national change in how debt is organized, or the 12 month period when bankruptcies around the WORLD were at an all time high? ohh wait, thats the same time period.. http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/credit-and-loans/debt-news/article.html?in_article_id=406716&in_page_id=62 for just UK news on the issue.
I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period. <--- Due to artificially low interest rates that were set back before my presidency to help the economy boom.
I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market. <---- Um..another flaw,, its true that the stock $ value dropped in one day, as a % the drop was nearly anything to think about. I dont see where you give him credit for the all time highest stock market in history, please point out where your fair and balanced resume is?
In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues every month. <---- Actually his FIRST year, unemployment went up 1.1 million not 2.0 million, but I noticed how you failed to show that during his presidency, the employment rate has gone up from 136,933,000 to 145,810,500 where it currently stands. Again, you show only part of the complete story that suits your argument.
I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, had a Chevron oil tanker named after her. <---- George Bush's net worth, estimated to be $9M to $26M.. John Kerry's networth, a Democrat, were around $200M+.. Whats your point? Its ok for Democrats to be loaded, but god forbid a Republican have 10% of what the Democrats have and its OUTRAGE!!
I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President. I am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations. <--- As opposed to Clinton renting out the Lincoln bedroom to raise funds.. Yes, there was nothing wrong with that either..
My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S. History, Enron. <------ As opposed to Norman Hsu, who's now in jail and was a Democratic fund raiser.
My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election decision. <----- Not sure how the US Supreme court is tied to Enron, please explain..
I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution. <-------------- Would this be the very same people in JAIL!! Sorry, explain to me how he protected the people at Enron?
More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip- offs in history. <------- Where in the world did you get this stat from? Enron executives are in jail where they belong, Clinton isnt..
I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed. <-------- Sorry but what corruption was revealed? The federal government has investigated 30+ instances of so called "price gouging" in history, and have NEVER found a shred of evidence that it happened.
I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history. <----- back to crying about gas prices again are we? When are you going to whine about the fact that milk, costs more then oil, and costs a heck of a lot less to produce..
I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts. <--------------- show me this policy please..
I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any President in U.S. history. <------------ who?
I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States government. <---- as opposed to what, allowing us to be attacked again? The 3500 deaths on 9/11 not enough for you ha? Second, he did not "create" the largest bureaucracy, he reorganized current bureaucracies and merged them.. Huge difference then what your applying.
I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history. <---- name them please..
I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission. <--- of course this happened just two months (May 1st, 2001) after Bush took office.. Clinton had nothing to do with this one either..
I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law. I refused to allow inspectors access to U.S . "prisoners of war" detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention. <---- We are under no obligation to provide access to terrorists.
I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election). <-----criticize republicans for first supporting the UN, and listening to them (UN resolutions to remove Sadam), then criticize the Republicans for not. We agree to support the UN.. not let them govern our borders, set our laws, and dictate how we govern.. Learn the difference.
I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any President since the advent of television. <------------ Show me where press conferences are a requirement..
I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period. After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history. <--- of course when the president is on vacation, the world just stops.. Would this compare to all of the trips to Egypt that Chelsea and Mrs Clinton took? I suppose those didnt exist?
I garnered the most sympathy for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history. <------- Would this be the same 49 countries that have actually JOINED us in the invasion of Iraq?
I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protests against any person in the history of mankind. <---- Who cares.. a presidents job isnt to be popular, asside from popular believe..
I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community. <---------- ROF.. hold a sec while I stop laughing.. would this be the very same UN that passed UN 1441,
I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families-in-wartime. <---- yet another myth.. what Bush opposed was the addition of the military personal be attached to the pentagons health insurance system. never did he propose denying them care, just that the plans should be kept seperate.
In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends. <---------not going to cover this one yet again.. but would this be the very same reasons that Clinton supported the war, wasnt he president a heck of a lot longer then Bush and had better intelligence? Surely that cant be the case.
I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security. <--- like I care what the "Europeans" think of MY president.. Show me the poll as to what Americans think of their president.. Wait, it doesnt exist..
I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD. I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden [sic] to justice. <----------- is this the same Osama Bin Laden [sic] that Clinton failed to bring to justice, or is there another one I'm unaware of..
RECORDS AND REFERENCES
All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view. <------- as opposed to any other politician sealing their records for x number of years..
All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view. <--- as opposed to Clintons phantom $1500 investment to make $100,000 off of 'borrowed" funds that "accidently" became public..
All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for publi c review. I am a member of the Republican Party. <-----------Sooo being a member of the Republican party is clearly a negative in your mind.. Wow, how open minded of you..
You know.. I hate standing here line by line and pointing out where your posts are wrong, I really hate it, if they were accurate, and contained all of the facts, and not just part of them.. I wouldnt have a need. I wont twist Clintons record, You dont twist Bushs..

Old 10-03-2007, 08:02 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Why is it that it's fine to say Gore tried to steal it (of which there is little to no evidence) and not ok to say Bush tried to steal BOTH. And succeeded, it seems. Of which there is ample evidence.
Simple.. Bush already won (it was publicly announced) by the time that Gore tried to take it from him, and you cant steal whats already in your possession.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies