Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 09:32 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,185 times

Advertisements

The anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing was last week but no peep from the mainstream media or Washington.

Here is news reports from that tragic day ... April 19, 1995

Multiple Bombs in Oklahoma City Murrah Federal Building (News Reports) - YouTube

A interesting note was that the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building contained regional offices for the Social Security Administration, the United States Secret Service, the Drug Enforcement Administration (D.E.A.), and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (A.T.F.) ... 550 employee's in all and none of them were injured. At the time of the bombing, 9:00am Wednesday morning, every badge-carrying federal agent was absent from work.

Here is how the Bombing is documented in the media today ...

Oklahoma City bombing
The Oklahoma City bombing was a terrorist bomb attack on the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in downtown Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995. It would remain the most destructive act of terrorism on American soil until the September 11, 2001 attacks. The Oklahoma blast claimed 168 lives, including 19 children under the age of 6,[1] and injured more than 680 people.[2] The blast destroyed or damaged 324 buildings within a sixteen-block radius, destroyed or burned 86 cars, and shattered glass in 258 nearby buildings.[3][4] The bomb was estimated to have caused at least $652 million worth of damage.[5] Extensive rescue efforts were undertaken by local, state, federal, and worldwide agencies in the wake of the bombing, and substantial donations were received from across the country. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) activated eleven of its Urban Search and Rescue Task Forces, consisting of 665 rescue workers who assisted in rescue and recovery operations.[6][7]

Within 90 minutes of the explosion, Timothy McVeigh was stopped by Oklahoma State Trooper Charlie Hanger for driving without a license plate and arrested for unlawfully carrying a weapon.[8][9] Forensic evidence quickly linked McVeigh and Terry Nichols to the attack; Nichols was arrested,[10] and within days both were charged. Michael and Lori Fortier were later identified as accomplices. McVeigh, an American militia movement sympathizer, had detonated an explosive-filled Ryder truck parked in front of the building. McVeigh's co-conspirator, Terry Nichols, had assisted in the bomb preparation. Motivated by his hatred of the federal government and angered by what he perceived as its mishandling of the Waco Siege (1993) and the Ruby Ridge incident (1992), McVeigh timed his attack to coincide with the second anniversary of the deadly fire that ended the siege at Waco.[11][12]

The official investigation, known as "OKBOMB", was the largest criminal investigation case in American history; FBI agents conducted 28,000 interviews, amassing 3.5 short tons (3.2 t) of evidence, and collected nearly one billion pieces of information.[13][14][15] The bombers were tried and convicted in 1997. McVeigh was executed by lethal injection on June 11, 2001, and Nichols was sentenced to life in prison. Michael and Lori Fortier testified against McVeigh and Nichols; Michael was sentenced to 12 years in prison for failing to warn the U.S. government, and Lori received immunity from prosecution in exchange for her testimony. As with other large-scale terrorist attacks, conspiracy theories dispute the official claims and allege the involvement of additional perpetrators.

As a result of the bombing, the U.S. government passed the Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996, which tightened the standards for habeas corpus in the United States,[16] as well as legislation designed to increase the protection around federal buildings to deter future terrorist attacks. On April 19, 2000, the Oklahoma City National Memorial was dedicated on the site of the Murrah Federal Building, commemorating the victims of the bombing. Annual remembrance services are held at the same time of day as the original explosion occurred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 09:40 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
The anniversary of the Oklahoma City Bombing was last week but no peep from the mainstream media or Washington.

I can't think of a compelling reason why they need to. There has been a lot of events in the intervening years.

[we can't make note of every single one because after a while that's all we wil be doing - we need to move on]

Old 04-23-2012, 10:01 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,809,014 times
I agree, it is strange that the biggest terror attack on america before 9/11 was done by a home grown right wing militia group, yet the media has been silent

Old 04-23-2012, 10:39 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
It's also odd that the anniversary of the government massacre at Waco was the same day...and not a peep from the media about that either.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:10 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,014,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's also odd that the anniversary of the government massacre at Waco was the same day...and not a peep from the media about that either.
The anninversary of the Columbine school shootings was on April 20th, and that was overlooked as well. I halfway expected trouble, as some groups like to time their activities to fall on the 20th, Hitler's birthday. Thank God it was peaceful this year.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:03 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
I remember clear as day sitting in the breakroom of a former employer watching this tragedy unfold live. Horrible.

I heard it get some brief mentions. Kind of like Pearl Harbor being mentioned.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:41 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,185 times
The video shows several news reports that talks about multiple bombs and a few they were defused and removed. The news sources only said this that day and never repeated those facts. The government changed the facts to one bomb and two suspects.

This was a false flag ...

Old 04-24-2012, 07:08 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
What always struck me as odd was how quickly the site was covered over and the examination of it was cursory, at best. Janet Reno excused this hasty (literal) coverup with the insane statement of "because the people wanted it".

Old 04-24-2012, 07:29 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Less than a year after the bombing, I flew myself into OKC's Wiley Post Airport, which has an approach path over downtown. I remember the very surreal moment of looking down out the window and seeing the blatant hole in the skyline that the buildng left. It was merely a grass patch between buildings that didn't fit into the surrounding streetscape. As I manuevered for landing, I remember thinking "Wow....that hits closer to home than I thought it did.".....because up until that point it had only been something that i'd seen on TV and read in the newspapers. Very surreal indeed.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:32 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,053,112 times
Oh god, more conspiracy theorists and their tin foil raving about this tragedy.

I guess this is why it's all online. Go to Oklahoma City to spout this crap and people there would take a garden hose and beat the stupid out of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies