Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2012, 08:57 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,332,395 times

Advertisements

the real damage is not from the vicious racial attack and beating of an innocent person, which is becoming pretty common. far more damaging are the posts on CDF defending something very evil in our society.
if it were not for this tendency, to defend evil, these events would never happen. its not love of martin that is causing these posts, its sympathy with hatred and violence. u see it everyday in k12 when parents defend rotten kids.
its not bad choices
its not being naughty
its not troubled youth
its violence and hatred which is not part of being young we are taught to hate and be violent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 09:01 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,467,350 times
1,069 comments on this story so far.

reverse the races involved in this case, and the words 'hate crime' would pop up almost instantaneously.

so why isn't that happening here?

Old 04-24-2012, 09:04 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,730,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
1. The thugs who did this should be arrested and charged with attempted murder.

2. There is no "justice" served in beating an unarmed person.

3. The riots in DC in 1968 were due to the assassination of Martin Luther King.

And, exactly, and I want in context quotes, on just how the Left, Dems and Obama are fomenting anything.

Leave it to you to turn this into a political hack job. Congrats, Sanrene, this kind of crap from you is pretty much par for the course.
I know you addressed your question to Sanrene. But let me take a crack at an answer. The black-on-white violence in the wake of the Martin-Zimmermann incident was fomented by the likes of Sharpton, Jackson, the Congressional Black Caucus, the mainstream media and even Obama when they leaped to the conclusion and pushed the narrative that the shooting of Martin was racially motivated. The fact that Zimmermann was not immediately arrested fed into the narrative that the authorities were treating him with kid gloves because the killing involved a black victim.

We now know that Zimmermann's injuries and the Stand-your-Ground standard complicated the investigation. But there is no evidence to support the assumption that race played a role in the incident. And race is the only reason the race hustlers got involved in the first place. But now that that cat is out of the bag many more retaliation incidents are likely to occur--and those incidents are clearly racially-motivated as they target innocent whites.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:04 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,095,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Have you seen the news about "Tray Tray" in the past couple months? Was it pushed down your throat?
Prove to me that the "media" incited this. Give me quotes, not crap.

Unless, of course that's all you can offer.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:05 AM

20,688 posts, read 19,325,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Did white people back in the day step up and do anything about mob lynchings in the south? Did they SAY anything about that?

I'm talking the 1920's, 30's, etc.
We all know the relatively recent past...

Actually many did well before then and they were called abolitionists( where many went to Liberia to engage in the slave trade). Every day I see something that acknowledges those wrongs. When video footage came from the south to the north they were out raged at what they saw and thus the civil rights movement began. The trouble is after MLK and Malcome X all that stepped up were black versions of white racists who have led them to their own destruction.

I am quite sure there are going to be racists on both sides. So as long as this is the case I am ever the pragmatist. Why should I stand out?

Old 04-24-2012, 09:08 AM

14,293 posts, read 9,668,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Did white people back in the day step up and do anything about mob lynchings in the south? Did they SAY anything about that?

I'm talking the 1920's, 30's, etc.
We all know the relatively recent past...
The KKK hated Republicans, Catholics, Jews and blacks, and thousands of these people were murdered by them, both black and white. So don't act like the lynchings were only against blacks.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:10 AM

12,948 posts, read 13,648,406 times
Why is it when the Victim is white, the offenders don't get the benefit of the doubt? Perhaps the victim did or said something to make the crowd believe he was threat to the neighborhood? Or perhaps that sounds as ridiculous as a man with a gun feeling threatened by a boy?

Old 04-24-2012, 09:11 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,470,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
I know you addressed your question to Sanrene. But let me take a crack at an answer. The black-on-white violence in the wake of the Martin-Zimmermann incident was fomented by the likes of Sharpton, Jackson, the Congressional Black Caucus, the mainstream media and even Obama when they leaped to the conclusion and pushed the narrative that the shooting of Martin was racially motivated. The fact that Zimmermann was not immediately arrested fed into the narrative that the authorities were treating him with kid gloves because the killing involved a black victim.

We now know that Zimmermann's injuries and the Stand-your-Ground standard complicated the investigation. But there is no evidence to support the assumption that race played a role in the incident. And race is the only reason the race hustlers got involved in the first place. But now that that cat is out of the bag many more retaliation incidents are likely to occur--and those incidents are clearly racially-motivated as they target innocent whites.
My opinion on the matter is that none of them fomented anything. Criminals just used it as an thinly veiled excuse to commit a crime. Do you think these punks would have been singing kumbaya with Owens if it were for the Trayvon Martin killing?

Like I said in the "Are race relations worse since Obama?" thread, the same racist people now were the same racist people before Obama got elected. There aren't any new racists because of President Obama.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:12 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,095,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post

An intelligent answer, but I want exact quotes.

These thugs came to the conclusion all by themselves that beating the snot out of a white man somehow gave Trayvon Martin justice.

Nobody sane (except of course that idiot Spike Lee), incited these morons to attack the man.

This crime is on the people who committed it. NOT President Obama, the Dems., or the Libs, or anybody else sanrene does not hold in esteem.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:13 AM

3,566 posts, read 3,730,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Nope, it's pretty much what bsilver says, people frothing at the mouth over an imaginary race war.

The thugs who beat this guy should be locked up for the rest of their miserable lives.

The rest of the Amen corner in this thread are reacting pretty much as predicted, with sanrene throwing a little political gas on the fire.

Typical.
Interesting. Gabby Giffords is gunned down by a lunatic and Sarah Palin is blamed for placing a bull's eye on the congresswoman's district in the context of a political campaign. And that slander has legs, so much so that Obama gives a major speech decrying and, in effect linking, the shooting to conservative speech. But here we have incidents of violence against whites perpetrated to avenge the killing of Martin and those are just isolated incidents from which no causal link can be made with black racists whipping up lynch mobs. Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies