Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 09:56 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,461 times

Advertisements

Chris Matthews is a commentator on a failed, last place network. Ironically, he has the BALLS to talk about extremists when his network is FULL of them...including himself.

Now, if someone on the right were to call someone like debbie wasserman schultz the 'Grand Wizard'....it would be twisted into RACISM...somehow making it a reference to obama being black. Yet the lefties here say...well...he retracted it...he apologized.

The double standard continuously exhibited by the left is simply commonplace these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 09:58 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,944,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Chris Matthews is a commentator on a failed, last place network. Ironically, he has the BALLS to talk about extremists when his network is FULL of them...including himself.

Now, if someone on the right were to call someone like debbie wasserman schultz the 'Grand Wizard'....it would be twisted into RACISM...somehow making it a reference to obama being black. Yet the lefties here say...well...he retracted it...he apologized.

The double standard continuously exhibited by the left is simply commonplace these days.
Check your facts. MSNBC is the #2 cable news network and beats CNN in most time-slots:
Ratings - TVNewser

Old 04-24-2012, 09:58 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I don't know what glory hole some people have their heads stuck through but conservatives, the T Party and others don't think about race.
It is about reigning in government scope and size. It is about fiscal responsibility and an eventual balanced budget amendment to stop ANY politician from giving the buddies all the goodies and treasury away.

Where in trouble fiscally, the T Party is a collection of people there mostly because of the fiscal issues. They can be all over the board on social issues since they are not there for that.

There are kooks everywhere, sometimes there are plants in places to make people look bad.
I really think there is nothing about race regarding conservatives or the T Party, it's all fiscal for the most part.

If you want to say there is a war over the future fiscal direction of the country, that would be more correct IMO.

We are a short time away from becoming Greece and it would be smarter to get this fixed rather than pointing to others to call them the Klan.
I'm sure you can find people stupid enough to be with the Klan, La Raza, NAACP, the new Black Panther party and so forth, but thank God they don't have any respect for their racism by main stream America.
Really?
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...dquarters.html

Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post

Yet the lefties here say...well...he retracted it...he apologized.
Which is way more than Rush did after his three-day assault on a young woman.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:05 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,944,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB
I don't know what glory hole some people have their heads stuck through but conservatives, the T Party and others don't think about race.
It is about reigning in government scope and size. It is about fiscal responsibility and an eventual balanced budget amendment to stop ANY politician from giving the buddies all the goodies and treasury away.

Where in trouble fiscally, the T Party is a collection of people there mostly because of the fiscal issues. They can be all over the board on social issues since they are not there for that.

There are kooks everywhere, sometimes there are plants in places to make people look bad.
I really think there is nothing about race regarding conservatives or the T Party, it's all fiscal for the most part.

If you want to say there is a war over the future fiscal direction of the country, that would be more correct IMO.

We are a short time away from becoming Greece and it would be smarter to get this fixed rather than pointing to others to call them the Klan.
I'm sure you can find people stupid enough to be with the Klan, La Raza, NAACP, the new Black Panther party and so forth, but thank God they don't have any respect for their racism by main stream America.
As you can read, the right-wing backs hysterical policies that make the U.S. fiscal situation worse.

Anyone who claims the U.S. is "a short time away from becoming Greece" has no credibility.

Greek debt is projected to rise to 149 percent of GDP over the next few years — and that’s with the austerity measures agreed with the IMF.

Here’s a more or less apples-to-apples comparison of the medium-term outlook. If one takes the Auerbach-Gale projections for the US budget deficit as a percentage of GDP outlook under Obama policies, and compared them with the IMF projections for Greece, subtracting out “measures” — that is, the austerity measures agreed in return for official loans. Here’s what it looks like:

Old 04-24-2012, 10:10 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,528,572 times
Did you not read what I had quoted in #43?

Old 04-24-2012, 10:10 AM

2,095 posts, read 2,580,932 times
The KKK is the GOP's biggest supporter and source of new members.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You seriously didnt try to post projections, and then use them as factual, did you? For example, 2011 in that chart wasnt even close to accurate.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:14 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,090,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Did you not read what I had quoted in #43?
I sure did, I still dont see what the point is. Did you read the link I posted? How does 1 corporations financial inability to pay rent equate to everyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies