Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 12:32 AM

15,521 posts, read 10,483,166 times

Advertisements

He got in trouble for his tweets. He should have stayed, I found myself in agreement with most of them.

Richard Grenell, New Mitt Romney Spokesman, Scrubs Online Attacks On Media And Women
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 03:18 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,581,593 times
The guy already quit, but the damage is already done.

Openly gay spokesman resigns from Romney campaign over 'hyper-partisan issues' | 89.3 KPCC-

Mitt Romney’s Foreign Policy and National Security Spokesman resigned yesterday after some social conservatives criticized the campaign's appointment of the openly gay Republican.

In a statement published in the Washington Post’s Right Turn, Richard Grenell revealed that his “ability to speak clearly and forcefully on the issues has been greatly diminished by the hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues that sometimes comes from a presidential campaign

Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,950,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Romney would have lost the conservative Evangelical vote. Smart move
If he wants to confirm his image as a guy who'll do anything and abandon any previous position to be liked, sure - excellent move, in fact.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:15 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,988,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
If he wants to confirm his image as a guy who'll do anything and abandon any previous position to be liked, sure - excellent move, in fact.
romney is spineless.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:07 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,686,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
romney is spineless.

Sure seems that way.
Not a word in this man's defense and meanwhile, to borrow a phrase, Bryan Fischer and Tony Perkins are "spiking the football."

"Bryan Fischer, issue director at the American Family Association, a conservative group opposed to same-sex marriage, bragged about his role in the episode.
"So ladies and gentlemen, this is a huge win, and it's a huge win for us in regard to Mitt Romney, because Mitt Romney has been forced to say, 'Look, I overstepped my bounds here, I went outside my parameters here, I went off the reservation with this hire, the pro-family community has called me back to the table here, called me back inside the borders of the reservation.'""

Conservative Radio Host High-Fives Romney Campaign for Canning Gay Adviser - US News and World Report

This is presidential material? Someone who is controlled by the likes of Bryan Fischer?

Old 05-03-2012, 10:19 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,581,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
romney is spineless.
Sure seems that way. He threw the guy under the bus as soon as he thought his gayness might tarnish his reputation among the hard core republicans.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:27 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,305,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure seems that way. He threw the guy under the bus as soon as he thought his gayness might tarnish his reputation among the hard core republicans.
He also couldn't have vetted the guy more than a minute and a half. If he did and knew about him being gay ahead of time then Mitt is stupid if he didn't think this appointment would become an issue with the hard core Republicans. Guess Mitt was right when he said he enjoys firing people....or putting pressure on them to resign as he did in this case.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:43 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,988,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
He got in trouble for his tweets. He should have stayed, I found myself in agreement with most of them.

Richard Grenell, New Mitt Romney Spokesman, Scrubs Online Attacks On Media And Women
The guy was a jackasss anyway. If he chooses to support the bigots, then Grinell shouldn't be surprised if it comes back to bite him.

Last edited by wehotex; 05-03-2012 at 01:19 PM..

Old 05-03-2012, 12:55 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,573,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

pretty sickening that there's a political party where an unchosen trait is an 'issue' with them, and yet they claim that they're not bigotted and that it's just the left trying to make it up, yet every month they PROVE that's not the case and it doesn't phase them in ANY WAY.

do they think if you're born gay you should be emporverished or made to be homeless? or not be able to work?

dictionary defintion of evil. why do people support evil?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies