Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 02:34 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,592,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Have you forgotten where the OP stood on the gay question in the short time he has been away? I remembered it at the beginning and saw through what he was trying to do from the first.
Roy, why does it show you as "friend of pittston2Sarasota"

Inquiring minds want to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 10:31 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
How about electing someone because they're actually qualified, not because of their sexuality? Would have this received the same attention if this person were straight? No.
The irony of this, is that Romney really does not care about sexual orientation; Massachusetts passed this countries first same sex marriage law while he was governor. But, in order to be elected Romney feels he has to pander to the religious right, because they believe preventing any form of civil right from being ganed by gay people is far more important than the economy, or the national deficit.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:33 AM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark90 View Post
Who cares. There are gay guys out there. They have different jobs and different political positions. Their main occupation isn't just being a generic gay guy from a TV sitcom or something.
Wow, someone from Arkansas doesn't care?

Old 05-01-2012, 05:04 PM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Default Well, ooops...

Certain right-wing groups found it necessary to purge the unclean element from their midst - Grenell has stepped down, and he didn't even make up a lie about spending more time with his family:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIchard Grenell
...my ability to speak clearly and forcefully on the issues has been greatly diminished by the hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues that sometimes comes from a presidential campaign...
Meanwhile, the bigots are busily slapping their own backs, just check out Fischer from the American Family Association:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A powerful bigot
It's very clear from The Washington Post that he resigned because of pressure that was put on the Romney campaign by the pro-family community.... It's a huge win for us in regard to Mitt Romney.
How's that Big Tent working out for you guys?

Old 05-01-2012, 05:09 PM

1,187 posts, read 995,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistym View Post
Gay, straight, black, white, blue, pink doesn't matter to me. However, I think Romney is a political prostitute. He'll do anything for a vote.
You say that like it's not the definition of a Politician??

Old 05-01-2012, 05:18 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
First, Grenell was criticized for posting a series of crude Twitter messages—that he later deleted—attacking several women, including Hillary Clinton, MSNBC host Rachel Maddow and Newt Gingrich's wife, Callista. He also reportedly came under fire from social conservatives for being gay.
In a statement to The Washington Post's Jennifer Rubin, Grenell implies that the controversy over his sexual orientation ultimately drove him from the campaign.
"While I welcomed the challenge to confront President Obama's foreign policy failures and weak leadership on the world stage, my ability to speak clearly and forcefully on the issues has been greatly diminished by the hyper-partisan discussion of personal issues that sometimes comes from a presidential campaign," Grenell said. "I want to thank Gov. Romney for his belief in me and my
A Romney aide, speaking on background, tells Yahoo News the campaign tried to convince Grenell to stay with the campaign, but he declined—calling it "completely his decision, not ours."
The aide declined to say whether Grenell's Twitter messages had prompted any concern within the campaign.
"We are disappointed that Ric decided to resign from the campaign for his own personal reasons," Matt Rhoades, Romney's campaign manager, said in a statement provided to reporters. "We wanted him to stay because he had superior qualifications for the position he was hired to fill."
abilities and his clear message to me that being openly gay was a non-issue for him and his team."
Richard Grenell, openly gay Romney aide, resigns after backlash | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Old 05-01-2012, 05:19 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Is Romney really Conservative?
You mean that guy from Massachusetts who invented government imposed healthcare, supported gun control, was in favor of amnesty before he opposed it, and now has open gays on his staff?

Yup, he's Conservative

This election I think a lot of Far Right conservatives are going to sit this one out.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
You mean that guy from Massachusetts who invented government imposed healthcare, supported gun control, was in favor of amnesty before he opposed it, and now has open gays on his staff?

Yup, he's Conservative

This election I think a lot of Far Right conservatives are going to sit this one out.
I think you hope they will sit it out. What happens if they don't do that? I am sure that not many of them will vote for The ONe.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
I wonder if this resignation has something to do with obtaining the endorsements of Santorum and Gingrich. I read that they had a "laundry list" of requirements for romney if he wanted their endorsements.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:10 PM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I wonder if this resignation has something to do with obtaining the endorsements of Santorum and Gingrich. I read that they had a "laundry list" of requirements for romney if he wanted their endorsements.
It has to do with being an idiot and what else......Twitter comments he thought he could delete.

STAY OFF TWITTER if you have no self control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies