Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
First Mad Cow disease was reported in 1985/86

Right as GMO feed stock was being pushed.
woops. you're off by 10 years. GM corn/soy wasn't around until the mid-90s.

why do you suppose there are more cases of BSE in countries where GM crops are banned outright?

900 cases of BSE in france, 4 in USA.

thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 11:05 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

why do you suppose there are more cases of BSE in countries where GM crops are banned outright?

thoughts?
Perhaps due to testing and reporting protocols and oversight of those?

Ever hear of burn, bash and bury? A practice where a rancher takes downers and stumblers out to the back forty, shoves a stick of dynamite up the beasts azz and no more problem, no remains to test. No reporting done.

A clandestine film hit U tube a few years back of Mexican workers, cattle prodding staggering cattle into a slaughter house in either Tx or Az along with even winching some of them that had fallen in.

Virtually everywhere else on the planet that has a cattle industry is very careful to report and isolate ALL downers and stumblers by rule of law.

Only say'n.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:35 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:

thoughts?
..............and the first case originated in......Great Britain.

Mo keeps getting suckered over and over and over by the conspiracy folks.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Perhaps due to testing and reporting protocols and oversight of those?

Ever hear of burn, bash and bury? A practice where a rancher takes downers and stumblers out to the back forty, shoves a stick of dynamite up the beasts azz and no more problem, no remains to test. No reporting done.

A clandestine film hit U tube a few years back of Mexican workers, cattle prodding staggering cattle into a slaughter house in either Tx or Az along with even winching some of them that had fallen in.

Virtually everywhere else on the planet that has a cattle industry is very careful to report and isolate ALL downers and stumblers by rule of law.

Only say'n.
what does any of that have to do with the fact that BSE predates the event of GM feedstocks by 10 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
..............and the first case originated in......Great Britain.

Mo keeps getting suckered over and over and over by the conspiracy folks.
yep. i can't wait to see the next thing he'll blame on GMOs.

alzheimers?
trisomy 21?
ingrown toenails?

Old 04-25-2012, 12:55 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,452,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
First Mad Cow disease was reported in 1985/86

Right as GMO feed stock was being pushed. The bone meal from other cows and sheep is blamed, but did anyone ever look at the concentrations of GMO proteins in the bone meal?
Why is BSE (Mad cow) still around, if feed lots no longer feed dead cow bones to beef cattle?

GMOs Alter the Genetic Make Up of Our Healthy Bacteria | Disinformation

Mad Cow Disease Confirmed In California Dairy Cow, USDA Says
Cow acquire Mad Cow - Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy by eating other cow meat or bone meal. It has nothing to do with GMO feed.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:17 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
what does any of that have to do with the fact that BSE predates the event of GM feedstocks by 10 years?

alzheimers?
trisomy 21?
ingrown toenails?

Depends what products Alex the arsehat Jones is being paid the most to push this month. I think he's due for another "reactor in Nebraska is melting down" scare.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:

alzheimers?
trisomy 21?
ingrown toenails?

The fact you were comparing reported cases in France to reported cases in the U.S. has nothing whatsoever to do with the causes of disease related to GMO's or anything else for that matter. Reported cases in the U.S of only 4 could be because of the "random testing" methods and oversight of those methods. Perhaps not all cases are reported?

Again; just say'n.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Cow acquire Mad Cow - Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy by eating other cow meat or bone meal. It has nothing to do with GMO feed.
a caveat on your first statement; atypical BSE, like the most recent case in california, occurs spontaneously. no exposure to BSE is required.
Defining “atypical BSE”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Depends what products Alex the arsehat Jones is being paid the most to push this month. I think he's due for another "reactor in Nebraska is melting down" scare.
i'm always astounded when i see people taking that ninnyhammer seriously. i'll bet someone could get a very interesting ph.d thesis out of doing psychological profiles of his fans

Old 04-25-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The fact you were comparing reported cases in France to reported cases in the U.S. has nothing whatsoever to do with the causes of disease related to GMO's or anything else for that matter. Reported cases in the U.S of only 4 could be because of the "random testing" methods and oversight of those methods. Perhaps not all cases are reported?

Again; just say'n.
you misunderstand. i'm not talking about raw numbers - my point is the timeline.

BSE found - - - - -> 10 years pass - - - - -> GMOs introduced.

therefore, cases being reported or not have no relevance to the fact that BSE existed well before the existence of GMOs.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
you misunderstand. i'm not talking about raw numbers - my point is the timeline.

BSE found - - - - -> 10 years pass - - - - -> GMOs introduced.

therefore, cases being reported or not have no relevance to the fact that BSE existed well before the existence of GMOs.
We agree discovery of BSE predates GMO's.

We will disagree about anything related to reportage and raw numbers as that depends on factors involving integrity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies