Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 PM

23,423 posts, read 23,765,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I take it you have never read the Sentinel.
Your post is not reliable.
I can't believe that you're staking your entire argument on a web search of a single newspaper's archives. What a poor way to try and make your case - especially when you could apparently use a lesson or two on searching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando Sentinel
About six months before Zimmerman shot and killed an unarmed black teenager in his town house complex, he was standing in Bertalan's doorway, asking what he could do to help her.

A group of young men had just broken into Bertalan's town house as she and her infant cowered in a locked bedroom. The intruders took a $600 camera and a laptop.
In Trayvon Martin case, a complex portrait of shooter emerges - Orlando Sentinel

Took me all of about three minutes to find it. Next time, don't be so condescending and maybe people won't be interested enough to bother proving that you have no idea WTF you're talking about.

If you're going to insist on maintaining your attitude and insane position that there were no burglaries for a full year in the Twin Lakes community, first think about why people start a Neighborhood Watch. Then consider whether or not you want to have every incident located and posted in response. I guarantee that you'll end up looking very, very foolish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 09:20 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,247,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So what is the significance of a black person reporting this? We aren't going to believe white people who say the same thing?

I'm really sick of this and these idiots trying to make it into something it's not.

The more I read the more I realize this was a disagreement between two people and the fact that a stupid gun was involved is what people should be focusing on, not color.
The gun saved on from the other in self defense it appears, so the gun is innocent IMO.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:26 PM

31,824 posts, read 14,800,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I said this from jump, the reason Zimmerman, "profiled" Trayvon was not simply because he was Black but because Blacks were robbing people in his neighborhood and he did not live there.
George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting | Reuters

Also note the racial intimidation Sharpton has helped to put into place. A Black woman scared to be identified for speaking the truth because of the backlash she anticipates.

What if Trayvon was white and whites were robbing the neighborhood....would he have been profiled the same way. And Zimmerman had no way of knowing whether or not Trayvon lived there. Are we to be suspicious of everyone who walks in our neighborhood that we don't know. This tragedy could have been prevented you know.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:28 PM

52,222 posts, read 33,917,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
If you're going to insist on maintaining your attitude and insane position that there were no burglaries for a full year in the Twin Lakes community, first think about why people start a Neighborhood Watch. Then consider whether or not you want to have every incident located and posted in response. I guarantee that you'll end up looking very, very foolish.
smug and snide were fighting it out for the top spot, but foolish came up from behind for the big win.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:28 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,440,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Here you go. Less than 1 month prior to the shooting, a house burglary in the afternoon, only doors away.

Burglary - 18XX RETREAT VIEW CIR SANFORD FL 32771, SANFORD, 32771, FL - 01/27/2011 02:40 PM

I'll even ignore the two recent assaults that took place in the complex due to lack of details.

Kthnxbi!
"01/27/2011 02:40 PM. BURGLARY (RESIDENCE/SINGLE ) Case number: 201150000506"

That was one year prior. We are now in 2012.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:37 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,640,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
I take it you have never read the Sentinel.
Your post is not reliable.
You'd be better off going straight to the horse's mouth:

:::. Seminole County Sheriff's Office - Donald F. Eslinger, Sheriff .:::

Old 04-25-2012, 09:39 PM

25,724 posts, read 16,340,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The gun saved on from the other in self defense it appears, so the gun is innocent IMO.
FACT: If Zimmerman would not have had a gun, no one would be dead. NO ONE.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:40 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,640,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
FACT: If Zimmerman would not have had a gun, no one would be dead. NO ONE.
...or he could have beaten Trayvon to death, or vice versa.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:42 PM

31,824 posts, read 14,800,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
The gun is innocent....yes and no. A person used the gun to kill.....yes. But if there were no gun involved than that person would still be alive. So the gun is not innocent. I think most neighborhood watch groups do just that.....watch and report suspicious activity to the police. And that's how it should be. No one was saved from this.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:43 PM

14,460 posts, read 11,198,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
"01/27/2011 02:40 PM. BURGLARY (RESIDENCE/SINGLE ) Case number: 201150000506"

That was one year prior. We are now in 2012.
Ok so it was a year before. That same map actually showed the Zimmerman/Martin shooting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies