U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-27-2012, 06:17 PM

1,947 posts, read 770,345 times
What is disgusting is that she chose to have an elaborate in-home beauty treatment rather than have the plumbing repaired. Spin all you want folks,
Brazilian Blowouts are trendy and very expensive - average cost appx. $350.
In-Depth Guide to Brazilian Blowouts | Hair On The Brain
New Celeb Hair Obsession: The Brazilian Blowout: Girls in the Beauty Department: Beauty: glamour.com
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 06:28 PM

8,561 posts, read 2,034,862 times
Well, her kids are really, really cute. And the CPS did not remove them from her care. I wonder if her hair stylist was paid by TMZ for those photographs.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 PM

23,444 posts, read 15,936,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
What is disgusting is that she chose to have an elaborate in-home beauty treatment rather than have the plumbing repaired. Spin all you want folks,
Brazilian Blowouts are trendy and very expensive - average cost appx. $350.
In-Depth Guide to Brazilian Blowouts | Hair On The Brain
New Celeb Hair Obsession: The Brazilian Blowout: Girls in the Beauty Department: Beauty: glamour.com
Maybe the formaldehyde thats in a BBO will do her in.
Brazilian Blowout Emits Formaldehyde; Maker Agrees To Warning Label
Dont beyotch about the source of the link, any gal that knows any thing about BBOs knows about the risks.
Dumb, aint it?

Old 04-28-2012, 12:31 AM

9,601 posts, read 4,125,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
that would be very sad if it was true.

i seriously hope that most children aren't being raised by one single deranged parent, and i use the term "raised" loosely here.

what kind of mother would think that it was okay to have in vitro when she had no husband and no chance of a husband, no money, no talent, no skills, and literally nothing with which to help all those little children go forth and lead a decent life?

you don't really have to answer because i know the answer to that question.

she is a delusional nut who, unfortunately, came into contact with a greedy pig of a doctor who didn't give a rat's behind about what might happen when he "helped" her.

for the record, wikipedia says that she is back on welfare, quote:

As of 4/1/12 it is reported she is back on welfare
It is true. There are a LOT of children who live in less than ideal situations with less than ideal parents who put themselves there because they do not seem to have any common sense or a sense of priorities.

People have more kids than they can afford, buy bigger houses than they can afford, buy fancy cars, buy luxuries instead of paying the mortgage/rent and lose their homes.....it happens all of the time. People who are already on welfare procede to have MORE kids anyway.

Some parents drink, do drugs, ***** around and bring all kinds of trash home to their kids......at least Octomom isn't guilty of that.

She certainly isn't the only parent who makes bad choices.....they are everywhere.....and parents who are much worse than her do not lose their children.

As far as the toliet breaking.....it happens....especially with kids around....and not everyone has more than one bathroom.....and you can't always get a plumber out to the house within hours. Sounds to me like she was making the best of a bad situation.....and I believe she said she did have a plumber there the next day.

Believe me.....I certainly do not approve of her having all of those children, far from it......but I am willing to admit that she seems to do a pretty good job taking care of them. When I was growing up, there was a Catholic family with TWO parents and 11 kids who lived in squalor and sent their children to school filthy dirty. When I was about twleve I remember a first grade teacher bringing one of the little girls into the restroom to wash her she was so filthy.

So yes, there ARE worse parents out there....just take a look around.....and their kids aren't taken away from them.....that is ALL I am saying.

She hasn't done anything to justify taking her children away......yet.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:52 AM

12,360 posts, read 7,582,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Well, her kids are really, really cute. And the CPS did not remove them from her care. I wonder if her hair stylist was paid by TMZ for those photographs.
did you even read that article? i hope everyone reads that article before they comment (thanks to the poster):

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now/octom...180648499.html

her priorities are totally screwed up---- raising 14 children alone would be impossible for any mother, and this woman isn't sane.

CPS is essentially worthless as an agency in this country.

it is a tragedy in the making that this woman is allowed to have children and keep her children. they don't even look happy in that photograph being with her. she is living in a delusional world, and cannot possibly give her children what they need.

In a June 2011 interview, Suleman purportedly told In Touch: "I hate babies, they disgust me. … Obviously, I love them - but I absolutely wish I had not had them."[38] Suleman later stated she did not give an interview with the magazine,[39] but a recorded audio tape surfaced three weeks later.[40] (wikipedia)

nobody should be defending her, because she is seriously disturbed and needs help.

her children also need help.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:23 AM

7,400 posts, read 2,794,672 times
Nadya was recently paid $10,000 for her topless photos in a woman's magazine, so doesn't that sort of dispel the notion that the tax payers paid the hairdresser who came to the house? She's also got a movie role coming up in horror film where she's playing a pregnant mom. She does take media odd jobs like these when they are offered. Who can deny that looking good really is a requirement for her getting work?

Octomom Explains Topless Photos: This Is More of a Celebration of a Woman's Body

Nadya Suleman Playing Pregnant Woman in Her First Film

Old 04-28-2012, 07:35 AM

71,023 posts, read 31,417,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Nadya was recently paid $10,000 for her topless photos in a woman's magazine, so doesn't that sort of dispel the notion that the tax payers paid the hairdresser who came to the house? She's also got a movie role coming up in horror film where she's playing a pregnant mom. She does take media odd jobs like these when they are offered. Who can deny that looking good really is a requirement for her getting work?

Octomom Explains Topless Photos: This Is More of a Celebration of a Woman's Body

Nadya Suleman Playing Pregnant Woman in Her First Film
But I guess it's not enough. She just went back on welfare (4/1) and is collecting $2K/month in food stamps.
The woman has no steady employment.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But I guess it's not enough. She just went back on welfare (4/1) and is collecting $2K/month in food stamps.
The woman has no steady employment.
How could she possibly have steady employment with 14 children to care for? Good that she takes whatever jobs are offered or that she can find.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
did you even read that article? i hope everyone reads that article before they comment (thanks to the poster):

Octomom Investigated by CPS After Complaints Her Home Has No Plumbing, 14 Kids Living in Squalor | OMG Now - Yahoo! omg!

her priorities are totally screwed up---- raising 14 children alone would be impossible for any mother, and this woman isn't sane.

CPS is essentially worthless as an agency in this country.

it is a tragedy in the making that this woman is allowed to have children and keep her children. they don't even look happy in that photograph being with her. she is living in a delusional world, and cannot possibly give her children what they need.

In a June 2011 interview, Suleman purportedly told In Touch: "I hate babies, they disgust me. Obviously, I love them - but I absolutely wish I had not had them."[38] Suleman later stated she did not give an interview with the magazine,[39] but a recorded audio tape surfaced three weeks later.[40] (wikipedia)

nobody should be defending her, because she is seriously disturbed and needs help.

her children also need help.
Yes, I read the article, from top to bottom.

If you're so certain that CPS is worthless, and you're so outraged and feel no one should defend her, why don't you offer to just move out there and help her take care of the kids?

Old 04-28-2012, 08:34 AM

71,023 posts, read 31,417,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
How could she possibly have steady employment with 14 children to care for? Good that she takes whatever jobs are offered or that she can find.
True but can she do that for the next 15 years til the kids are 18 ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies