Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 01:30 PM

749 posts, read 838,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
No one can afford to support 14 kids, especially when 8 of them are born all at one time. The fertility center where she went should be paying for their support. It was unethical of them to implant that many eggs in the first place.....
Let me guess....they came to her house, dragged her down to the clinic and implanted the eggs without her consent...

Time to stop the BS and have people take responsibility for their own stupidity.

Because of this lame-brained ditz, we will be supporting her and her brood for the next 18 years....and probably a good deal longer than that.

Pure insanity. The kids should have been found financially-viable couples that have had their name on an adoption list right from the get-go.

It would have set an important precedent: If you can't support your children, don't expect the Govt to step up to the plate to pay for them. None of this, "God will provide" crap!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 01:37 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
Let me guess....they came to her house, dragged her down to the clinic and implanted the eggs without her consent...

Time to stop the BS and have people take responsibility for their own stupidity.

Because of this lame-brained ditz, we will be supporting her and her brood for the next 18 years....and probably a good deal longer than that.

Pure insanity. The kids should have been found financially-viable couples that have had their name on an adoption list right from the get-go.

It would have set an important precedent: If you can't support your children, don't expect the Govt to step up to the plate to pay for them. None of this, "God will provide" crap!
The doctor lost his license after doing it. I rest my case. It was unethical for them to implant all those eggs at once, especially in a woman who didn't have the income to support them. We have standards and ethics in the medical community for a reason. This case is a perfect example of what happens when they are breached.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:37 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I'm a limited pro-choice conservative and I also think Octomom and her children should have the social services they need. What's done is done and the children are the priority now.

I also think the hairdresser was looking to make a buck by taking pictures and peddling them to TMZ. Why hasn't anyone pointed the finger of blame in that direction?
I agree with you. The hairdresser seems like a piece of work. Children running around in diapers and t-shirts! When I read the piece, and she said it was "freezing", and then said it was only 60 degrees, that's when it was obvious she was stretching. I hope TMZ paid her well.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The doctor lost his license after doing it. I rest my case. It was unethical for them to implant all those eggs at once, especially in a woman who didn't have the income to support them. We have standards and ethics in the medical community for a reason. This case is a perfect example of what happens when they are breached.
You missed the point....she went there on her volition. Nobody forced her. Everyone is at fault, including her. She already had 6 children, was unemployed and on public assistance in order to pay for the ones she already had....and you want to place blame squarely on the doctors? She is the one who requested that the 8 remaining embryos be implanted in her!!

Sell crazy somewhere else please.....chalk full up here.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:44 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,420,628 times
Does she have any relatives that can help her? A grandmother, sister, brother, mother cousins heck anybody!1 I know she may not want to separate the kids going into different households but that's better than the way they are living now.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:51 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Had a friend once who was a social worker..There were foster parents collecting big bucks from the state.They would toss a few hot dogs to their wards in the basement while they ate steak... no matter what the kids are better off with their natural and REAL parents...I hate the term "biological" father or mother...you only have one real mother and one real father the rest are interloping do-gooders...who will never love a child the way the real mother does....good or bad...People should help them whether they like them or not----so the mom got a good hair cut? Big deal....is she supposed to cut her own hair?

Old 04-26-2012, 01:55 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,742,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
You missed the point....she went there on her volition. Nobody forced her. Everyone is at fault, including her. She already had 6 children, was unemployed and on public assistance in order to pay for the ones she already had....and you want to place blame squarely on the doctors? She is the one who requested that the 8 remaining embryos be implanted in her!!

Sell crazy somewhere else please.....chalk full up here.
This may be your opinion but doctors are obligated to practice under certain ethical guidelines and this doctor violated those guidelines. He lost his license for it. Hopefully this will discourage more unethical behavior from reproductive docs.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:57 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
This may be your opinion but doctors are obligated to practice under certain ethical guidelines and this doctor violated those guidelines. He lost his license for it. So that is the point too.
Yep. The buck stops with that doctor.

Old 04-26-2012, 01:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Cut off the welfare so she can support them herself?

I agree with you, cannot handle supporting children on your own, don't expect anyone else too. And adult who is mature should realize this.

But there is a certain mentality out there, well if i cannot take care of myself, someone else will. That is a problem, and hinders too many to take care of their selves.
She had 6 no way she needed 8 more and without a Father figure around.
With her cut off the welfare, and these poor kids would most likely starve, and not their fault.

Old 04-26-2012, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriverranch View Post
This may be your opinion but doctors are obligated to practice under certain ethical guidelines and this doctor violated those guidelines. He lost his license for it. So that is the point too.
Yes, the doctor placed 12 inside her instead of the 8 requested. So she has maybe 6 kids instead of the 8.

Believe me, a scapegoat was needed here, and our current-day touchy feely society would never allow it to be Nadya Suleman....so it was Dr. Implant instead that took one for the team.

This woman should never have been within earshot of ANY infertility clinic. She had 6 children she already couldn't afford and was on the dole as a result.

The resultant 8 children should have gone to loving homes that could care for them....with their own surpluses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies