U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 08:24 PM

8,175 posts, read 3,097,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Not sure if there's another thread on this, but I heard about this today; marine was discharged for Facebook comments about President Obama. Here's the link;

Marine discharged for criticizing Obama admits mistakes
See ya later idiot. Good luck on your next job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 08:46 PM

21,045 posts, read 9,772,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I am sure that he thought it was a good idea at the time. I hope he enjoys a lifetime of being treated like an ex-felon when he applies for jobs. Most employers I have dealt with won't even grant an interview to someone that did not receive an honorable discharge from the military. Even if he gets a job offer, he will fail the background check everytime.

You don't get it.

This Marine, even if he receives an "other than honorable" discharge, will have former Marines like myself looking out for him.

It's hard to explain to people who haven't served in the Marine Corps.

We're different from the other services in the way we relate to one another.

Some thirty years after I served, I still consider any Marine my brother.

That never changes.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 PM

2,103 posts, read 987,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
You don't get it.

This Marine, even if he receives an "other than honorable" discharge, will have former Marines like myself looking out for him.

It's hard to explain to people who haven't served in the Marine Corps.

We're different from the other services in the way we relate to one another.

Some thirty years after I served, I still consider any Marine my brother.

That never changes.
Hey Brother!!!
I got out in 1973....some 39 years ago. MOS 0311 what about you?
Went through battalion recon at Camp Horno back in the 70's, what a ***** that was.....then straight to Vietnam. DM me and we chew the fat about the old days.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:36 PM

1,149 posts, read 721,838 times
I'm not sure why this Marine felt he should be the one member of the military who can talk $hit about his CIC for all to see on the internet and get away with it.

I served under a president whose politics I agreed with and a president whose politics I disagreed with, but I respected them both and the office they held. I would have carried out any orders either of them issued because that's what I signed up to do. There is no place for a breakdown in the chain. The military system can't function that way.

Exercising your rights will sometimes have consequences. I wish this Marine would have thought things through a little more before saying the things he said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies