U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:31 PM

7,495 posts, read 9,753,950 times

Advertisements

Not sure if there's another thread on this, but I heard about this today; marine was discharged for Facebook comments about President Obama. Here's the link;

Marine discharged for criticizing Obama admits mistakes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 03:35 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,646,636 times
Good he should be disbanded for being such a mindless, brainwashed idiot. Obama is the worst President this country has had since its inception. But Bush II was the worst. And the next one will overtake Obama as the worst if he's not reelected. That's the ENTIRE POINT! What these ideological brainwashed Marines don't understand is they are part and parcel to one big corrupt government ON BOTH SIDES of the political aisle. Where was the outrage in regards to all the blatant tryanny, and unConstitutionality that went on under Bush? Where are the Marines that are speaking out against THE ENTIRE US GOVERNMENT???????????? Not just Obama? Ooohhhhhhhh is this idiot going to pay lip service to a corrupt tyrant like John McCain who will more than likely send his butt off to another unnecessary war like Syria just as fast as Obama would?

I swear some of the people serving our country are idiots............Semper Fi!!!!!!!!!! Hoo Yah Hill billies!

Old 04-26-2012, 03:37 PM

8,287 posts, read 7,524,338 times
Interestingly the thread on this was just closed: Lame Marine sent packing!

Old 04-26-2012, 03:45 PM

6,936 posts, read 7,256,578 times
The soldier will be dishonorably discharged. The punnishment is appropriate. He was unfit to serve and is a disgrace to his branch and the nation.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:04 PM

520 posts, read 845,217 times
I'm not posting to either rebuke or defend the soldier...I would, however, like to make a point about politics, period, and how no matter who is our "fearless leader" aka "POTUS", they all adopt trickle down economics. In essence, peons get treated like peons and those at the top get special treatment.

My example, not too long ago there was this general who went on a rant to a Rolling Stones reporter. Yes, he can say he didn't know his comments were going to make the magazine, but the bottom line is that he was just as disrespectful to his commander-in-chief as this guy who willingly went on his Facebook page. But, the difference is, when you are a general and make disrespectful statements, you get honorably discharged AND get to retire and retain your general's pay when he didn't meet the "high three" salary requirement to retire at a general's pay. But, when you are a peon and go on Facebook and make disrespectful statements, you get "other than honorably" discharged and lose your benefits and will basically wind up in section 8 housing and working at a fast food restaurant for the rest of your life.

When your an idiot rapper or R&B floozy who probably couldn't even name their local public servants or know anything about politics before Obama ran for POTUS, you get front row seats to the inauguration and exclusive access to all of the parties whereas people like my parents, and me (a civil servant) who put in just as much time and effort to help mobilize voters on their behalf get nothing but a solicitation for more money 4 years later.

Whether this guy was right or wrong for what he did, a precedent was set before him. But, since he is just a peon, like most of us in society, he was disposable.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:05 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,646,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The soldier will be dishonorably discharged. The punnishment is appropriate. He was unfit to serve and is a disgrace to his branch and the nation.
Just like government and politicians most of the US military is unfit to serve and a disgrace. The US military from the grunts on the ground to the top brass is utterly corrupt. Individually there are a lot of respectable, honorable soldiers.....but collectively they are corrupt and serve a corrupt master.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:29 PM

10,554 posts, read 4,407,936 times
I believe its called insubordination, even in the real world you lose your job if you do that.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:42 PM

22,882 posts, read 16,258,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I believe its called insubordination, even in the real world you lose your job if you do that.
Yep.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:52 PM

7,090 posts, read 10,757,552 times
This guy was a disgrace to the armed forces, and to humanity. He was a weather forecaster that ran a tea party facebook page that openly mocked and disparaged other service members who disagreed with him. He also went on record many times making up stories about the opinion of the entire marine corps, putting words into the mouths of his fellow soldiers. He was given many chances to own up to his mistakes and stop, and he belligerently refused in violation of his oath to the service.

I'm glad he got the dishonorable discharge. It's almost worse then a felony on your record. He'll have a lifetime to go over in his head his mistake at the crappy jobs this now qualifies him for. He has no honor, little intelligence, and now ****ed up his life. Good job.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:07 PM
rfp

333 posts, read 570,879 times
He was not given a dishonorable discharge. He was given a discharge on “other than honorable” terms. There is a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies