Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 05:26 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times

Advertisements

“I wonder when the Department of Labor will forbid parents from requiring children to make their beds, clean their rooms, or set the table for dinner.” – Ron Paul

Quote:
LAKE JACKSON, Texas – Congressman and 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul issued the following statement regarding the Department of Labor’s new regulations applying child labor laws to family farms.

Below find comments from Congressman Paul:

“The Department of Labor’s plan to issue new regulations applying child labor laws to family farms is an outrageous assault on America’s farmers. My parents were dairy farmers who required me and my brothers to help out on the farm. I certainly benefited from this experience, and, as a Representative of a congressional district containing a large number of farmers, I have had the opportunity to meet many farmers who learned about their profession by doing chores on their parents’ farms. Working on a family farm also provides a tremendous opportunity to form a strong work ethic that these children will carry through the rest of their lives.

“Thanks to the Obama Administration, future generations of children will be deprived of these experiences.

“Now that the federal government is planning to, for all intents and purposes, outlaw chores on the farm, I wonder when the Department of Labor will forbid parents from requiring children to make their beds, clean their rooms, or set the table for dinner. The founding fathers would be outraged to see the federal government attempting to prevent children from helping their parents on their farms. If the American people select me as their next President, I will put an end to these regulations on my first day in office.

“Under my ‘Plan to Restore America,’ I will use my constitutional authority as President to impose a moratorium on any new federal regulations. My Plan also reduces spending by $1 trillion in the first year of my presidency and balances the budget by my third year, while providing much-needed tax relief to the American people. This will put more money back in the pockets of hard-working Americans, like those who provide vital goods by running family farms.

“Out of all the candidates seeking the presidential nomination of a major party, I am the only one with a record of consistently opposing all unconstitutional, job-destroying regulations. I urge all Americans who wish to free their businesses and their families from the grip of the regulatory state to join my campaign to Restore America Now.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 06:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
I had my son out back mowing the pasture on a JD 4100 with a brush hog when he was 14.
And I didn't just "toss him the keys" either.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:04 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
This thread is a moot point, this has been pulled by the DOL after thousands complained....

Old 04-26-2012, 06:08 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
This thread is a moot point, this has been pulled by the DOL after thousands complained....
SOPA/PIPA was also pulled back after thousands complained...only to COME BACK in the form of CISPA. When the authoritarian government gets a new idea for control into their head, it never really goes away. They wait till the dust settles a bit, rewrap the idea in a more glittering wrapping paper and bring it back. The government's feet must be held to the fire ALWAYS.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:10 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times
I'm sure the five family farms left in America will suffer immensely.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:13 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_pains View Post
SOPA/PIPA was also pulled back after thousands complained...only to COME BACK in the form of CISPA. When the authoritarian government gets a new idea for control into their head, it never really goes away. They wait till the dust settles a bit, rewrap the idea in a more glittering wrapping paper and bring it back. The government's feet must be held to the fire ALWAYS.

The US House passed CISPA today.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

Try & try until they succeed.

Look at the fact, they even tried to control our freedoms, yet once again.

We the People vs. the Establishment, controlling our lives for us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies