Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 05:09 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Women who want things their way - that's a serious problem! Dagnabbit.
It is if it's at the expense of mens rights. Rarely are a mans rights addressed with any sense of reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 03:54 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Hey, we're having child vacuuming party at my house this weekend. You should come! There will be tacos and beer. We'll probably get a growler from the local microbrewery.

I know how you Democrats love microbrews.

Republicans prefer macrobrews?

Old 04-28-2012, 06:11 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
It is if it's at the expense of mens rights. Rarely are a mans rights addressed with any sense of reason.

Ah yes.....poor, poor, poor downtrodden men.

Tell us, how does giving women equal rights, allowing them to control their own lives.....oppress men?

Weak, sniveling men may feel oppressed when their wittle egos get bruised because thay can't lord over women any longer.....but that's their own personality problem....not society's problem.

Strong, well balanced men don't have a problem with equal, independent women.

Why would any intelligent woman vote for Republicans who want to erode women's rights? They wouldn't.

Republicans can launch all of the "Woman Up" campaigns they want to.....not going to work.....as women will be watching what kind of legislation Republicans are trying to pass.....not their sound bites. We have our eyes on what you are doing, not what you are saying....too bad for you.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:19 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Awwwww, poor men.
Whatever will you do now that women arent chattel anymore?

Old 04-28-2012, 06:22 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
I sometimes think Democratic Women have no interest in being able to stay home and raise their children within a warm, loving two parent household - the kind of lifestyle that many American's use to enjoy. All they can do is put down the Romney's because they managed to do this. Maybe its envy. But, what they need to realize is that this 'American Dream' is actually the answer to many of society's problems and it can be achieved again if we desire it. I think the Romney Family is a great role model and I think he, as the next President is capable of leading us toward the economic recovery we need to all be able to achieve some variation of this dream. I just hope more women, specifically the Dems will wake up and embrace it - for the children.
For the most part it's not being a stay at home mother that Ann Romney is criticized for.

She is criticized for saying that she's has to "Struggle" as a stay at home mom while she has servants, cooks, and other household staff while having two Cadillacs, three homes and a husband that makes over $20 million dollars mostly from capital gains, which are taxed at 15%.

She also mad several other comments that indicate that she is out of touch with many American women that HAVE TO work AND take care of their children.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:26 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,072,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

Hmmmmm, let's see. Would I rather vote for a candidate who wants to DICTATE what I can or cannot do with my body, and thinks I'm a bad mother if I have a career & life outside of the kitchen... or one who supports a woman's right to CHOOSE for herself on these issues? Tough choice, I know.
No further comment necessary.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:31 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Awwwww, poor men.
Whatever will you do now that women arent chattel anymore?
Yeah no ****e.... Just today i was forced to heat my own bowl of soup.
Equal rights are good for everyone. Its how it should be.
Special rights or quota based systems??? bad for everyone.
Give the woman a fair chance and she will perform on par with her male counterparts. No maybe its a fact.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:42 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
I mean we're talking about the political party that's waging guerrilla war against motherhood. We're talking about the political party responsible for saddling your children with debt they'll never be able to pay off despite slaving for the government until the day they drop dead. We're talking about the political party levying taxes on children not yet born. We're talking about the political party that thinks a woman's sole purpose in life is to provide sexual gratification to men she isn't married to (in addition to voting Democrat). If in the process, a woman inadvertently conceives a child with the man she isn't married to, she's to be immediately marched to a government-sanctioned termination facility in order to have the child vacuumed out so as to not impede her ability to sexually gratify various men she's not married to.

We're talking about the political party that thinks any woman who dares to become a mother should have to kill herself working outside of the home while at the same time trying to raise children rather than marry a man who will provide for her children so she can stay home and raise them properly. I mean what's the point? If you're a married woman, you should probably listen to your husband before you go in the voting booth, he knows best. If you're an unmarried woman, you probably shouldn't be voting seeing as you don't have a husband to tell you how to vote and may not have the proper judgement to select the best candidate.
Holy cow - if you are just a tiny sliver of the representation of a Republican, I find it hard to believe that anyone would vote for that party.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:47 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Yeah no ****e.... Just today i was forced to heat my own bowl of soup.
Equal rights are good for everyone. Its how it should be.
Special rights or quota based systems??? bad for everyone.
Give the woman a fair chance and she will perform on par with her male counterparts. No maybe its a fact.
And in quite a few cases, outperform her male counterparts.
I've read studies where women outperformed men as pilots, and also as marksmen, just to reference 2 fields.
My husband and I belong to IPSIC;
International Practical Shooting Confederation
I outshoot him on a regular basis, he loves it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies