Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 12:56 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times

Advertisements

It may be GOP's wish as a collective, but I have more respect for the 28 republicans who voted against it while 42 democrat idiots voted for it. The final roll call by party:
Republicans: 206 (Yes), 28 (No)
Democrats: 42 (Yes), 140 (No)

So, this bill had support of 88% of the republicans and 23% of the democrats in the house.

The complete list here: Final Vote Results
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 12:57 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
While I haven't studied the issue up close, on the surface I am more inclined to go with the voluntary measures versus another layer of bureacracy at DHS (if have to go with the legislation at all).
I was expecting you did instead of another shot in the dark, after the first argument you made in this thread. Quote:

"The House version and the Senate version are diametrically opposed. The Senate version wants DHS to set the standards and provide the monitoring.....the House version wants corporations and governments to act voluntarily to report cyber attacks.

In other words, Democrats want bigger government.....Republicans want smaller government and less regulations on business. That's the overarching challenge of our time.
"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I thought both parties had versions?
How would the Dems version be any less an effort to expand government?
Let us stick with the version that passed. Since this one got an overwhelming support by the republicans, it must be the republican version. What do you think of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Hate to break it to you, but CISPA enjoys bi-partisan support. Open up your eyes, for once, and put away the partisan hackery. Both parties hate freedom and are statist
This one has overwhelmingly republican support.

PS. I think this article makes a pretty good starting point for the discussion.

CISPA: US "Intelligence Sharing" Bill Explained

Old 04-27-2012, 01:13 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Hate to break it to you, but CISPA enjoys bi-partisan support. Open up your eyes, for once, and put away the partisan hackery. Both parties hate freedom and are statist
I am independent, but if you must know, the YEA votes were 42 Democrats and 206 Republicans.

Old 04-27-2012, 01:14 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I thought both parties had versions?
How would the Dems version be any less an effort to expand government?
I am assuming we are talking about the topic: The GOP bill.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:23 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
"The US House of Representatives has just passed the controversial Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, or CISPA (HR 3523) by a vote of 248 to 168."

US House Passes Controversial CISPA CyberSecurity Bill

There hasn't been any dancing on the street with this one, somehow. Or is it of no concern to any of our "Real and Patriotic Americans"?
In detail tell us exactly the part/s you are against, in full context, with explanation why.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:26 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
It may be GOP's wish as a collective, but I have more respect for the 28 republicans who voted against it while 42 democrat idiots voted for it. The final roll call by party:
Republicans: 206 (Yes), 28 (No)
Democrats: 42 (Yes), 140 (No)

So, this bill had support of 88% of the republicans and 23% of the democrats in the house.

The complete list here: Final Vote Results
As usual your bias is showing. "it while 42 democrat idiots voted for it". Anyone who disagrees with YOU is an idiot.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:38 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Well the Democrat majority Senate is working on their own version of this.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:10 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The House version and the Senate version are diametrically opposed. The Senate version wants DHS to set the standards and provide the monitoring.....the House version wants corporations and governments to act voluntarily to report cyber attacks.

In other words, Democrats want bigger government.....Republicans want smaller government and less regulations on business. That's the overarching challenge of our time.
This is a real stretch and a focus on the wrong things imo. Both suck.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:50 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
The totalitarian state is being formed all around us. Most people are blind to see it. Vote Republican or Democrat. It matters not. They are one in the same and leading us directly into hell.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:54 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,929,147 times
Insanity: CISPA Just Got Way Worse, And Then Passed On Rushed Vote | Techdirt
quote:
The government would be able to search information it collects under CISPA for the purposes of investigating American citizens with complete immunity from all privacy protections as long as they can claim someone committed a "cybersecurity crime". Basically it says the 4th Amendment does not apply online, at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies