Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 07:33 PM

31,875 posts, read 14,860,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What are the "loopholes" being proposed to be cut? I'd like to actually see what is being proposed. They throw the term "loophole" out there to get the left frothing at the mouth. Lets see what they actually want to get rid of. By the way what you call loopholes are actually laws. lol
You should also be frothing at the mouth since it affects you as well. These loopholes favor the rich not the middle class. If you are in the rich category then you're good to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2012, 07:36 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,017,191 times
Obama was whinning about how difficult it was for him and his wife to pay off their school debt. Are we supposed to believe that his wife who had a $300,000 a year no show job couldn't make a monthly school debt payment or pay off the debt in full? I guess $300,000 doesn't go too far if you live in Chicago.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:41 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,928,296 times
If the democrats really cared they would just steal money from somewhere else to refund the healthcare program. lol

Old 04-27-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
Obama was whinning about how difficult it was for him and his wife to pay off their school debt. Are we supposed to believe that his wife who had a $300,000 a year no show job couldn't make a monthly school debt payment or pay off the debt in full? I guess $300,000 doesn't go too far if you live in Chicago.
Depend son how many politicians and judges you have on your payroll not to mention Tony Rezko types.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:43 PM

33,511 posts, read 18,013,010 times
Obama is the biggest double talker and liar.

Old 04-27-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You should also be frothing at the mouth since it affects you as well. These loopholes favor the rich not the middle class. If you are in the rich category then you're good to go.
The poor get plenty of "loopholes" too. lol

Old 04-27-2012, 07:53 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,830,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
...and there are more woman voters than students.
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Aren't 1/2 the students Women?
Uh, my math is a little rusty. I am guessing that there are many more women voters than women students, especially that have/care about interest rates on future student loans.

But, I suppose I could be wrong...

Old 04-27-2012, 08:12 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,973,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I don't think The Attack on Womens Health Bill will pass the Senate
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
The oxymoron of compassionate conservatism in action once again.

"Cervical cancer used to be the leading cause of cancer death for women in the United States. However, in the past 40 years, the number of cases of cervical cancer and the number of deaths from cervical cancer have decreased significantly. This decline largely is the result of many women getting regular Pap tests, which can find cervical precancer before it turns into cancer."
CDC - Cervical Cancer Statistics

Keep working, conservatives! Maybe you can make cervical cancer the number one cancer killer of women again!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Don't deflect, roy. This has nothing to do with the Catholic Church. And frankly, most Catholics use birth control, so it isn't the Catholic laity that had a problem with what Obama proposed.

But back to the actual topic, the Republicans want to take money from breast and cervical screening programs to fund the student loan interest rate extension. They knew that Obama and other Democrats wouldn't go for this, because, you know, they actually care about women's health. They don't say idiotic things like:
I am getting so tired of all this phony war on women bit by the left. The slush fund that the Republicans want to return to student loans is the same slush fund that Democrats already proposed cutting. So, by some of these posters' standards, this is a war on women? Then, that would mean the Democrats have declared war on women as they also proposed cutting this funding that is supposedly to benefit women's health.

Oh but now that the Republicans propose returning this funding to student loans, Democrats suddenly scream war on women. It's disingenuous and frankly, insulting.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I am getting so tired of all this phony war on women bit by the left. The slush fund that the Republicans want to return to student loans is the same slush fund that Democrats already proposed cutting. So, by some of these posters' standards, this is a war on women? Then, that would mean the Democrats have declared war on women as they also proposed cutting this funding that is supposedly to benefit women's health.

Oh but now that the Republicans propose returning this funding to student loans, Democrats suddenly scream war on women. It's disingenuous and frankly, insulting.
Democrats think women are dumb. Thank you for proving them wrong again.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:55 PM

31,875 posts, read 14,860,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The poor get plenty of "loopholes" too. lol
And what tax loopholes would that be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies