Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 09:30 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
You mean because a some idiots rioted after the King verdict?

Nonsense.

Have you been to a L.A. donut shop lately? Taco truck maybe?
Those were not idiots, those were animals waiting for an excuse to steal, burn and destroy. Do you believe that ghettos look the way they look because the government makes them this way? No, there are some people who simply can't live in a normal society and I dont see a reason society should feel guilty about it.

-:-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 09:40 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
Really? I think in 2012 blacks in America are better off than anywhere else including Africa. Stop with the blame game and get to work otherwise even Koreans and Hispanics will be better off

I don’t remember ever inferring or stating that black peoples condition was better or worse than blacks in other parts of the world. So your argument can’t hold water! But I will say if you’re in the wrong you will be blamed and there’s no game about it! If you don’t like being blamed don’t do wrong. It’s that simple.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:46 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Quote:
Those were not idiots, those were animals waiting for an excuse to steal, burn and destroy. Do you believe that ghettos look the way they look because the government makes them this way? No, there are some people who simply can't live in a normal society and I dont see a reason society should feel guilty about it.

It’s funny how you want to call human beings are animals. Even though someone’s actions might not be appropriate they are not animals. But if you want to label a primitive people as animals I would start here! Not looters lashing out from built up frustration…

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/...initiation.jpg

Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You forgot the key phase “as a black man”. You have no knowledge in that respect so you have no clue what you’re talking about. So no excuses here just telling it how it is…
Uh; tell THAT to our POTUS; President Obama. He didn't let that he is part Black get in his way.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:45 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Koreans can find a better neighborhood to do business in if they find dealing with blacks to be so objectionable. If the Koreans weren't there, someone else would be. You're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Where people have money, someone will be there to sell something.

But so far, they're still there. Doing business as usual so there must be something in it for them. So please...stop trying to get us to play violins for the Koreans when they seem to be doing fairly well in the relationship.
Arabs maybe? They also have the rep of being racist against Black people; even Muslim Arabs over Muslim Blacks looking at Sudan.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:21 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Arabs maybe? They also have the rep of being racist against Black people; even Muslim Arabs over Muslim Blacks looking at Sudan.
Maybe. Armenians...Indians...whatever. But if the Koreans weren't there, SOMEBODY else would be.

So this poppycock that without Koreans, blacks would have no commerce is a load of bullocks. Blacks in L.A. have dough to spend, and someone is gonna be there to get some of it.

Old 05-02-2012, 11:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Starbuckses in commercial districts? LOL. Why? People don't drink coffee unless they work or something?

Koreans stick around because only in ghettos they don't face competition from other ethnic groups. Nobody wants to do business in the ghettos. That's why instead of colorful supermarkets you have little Korean stores. People from the ghettos scared the business away. That's what they always do: they make their own environment better They should be thankful they have Koreans cause no white person would deal with the ghetto sh*t.

Uh...Einstein, when i say commercial districts i'm talking about areas where folks go shopping. Like strip malls. We don't have Starbucks on residential corners where i live.

And again, if the Koreans leave, someone else would take their place in a minute. They always do. The Koreans aren't there for altruistic reasons, but because black folks have good money to spend. If the Koreans aren't there to get it, someone else will step into the breach. That's economics. The Koreans haven't left because they KNOW someone else will take their place, and furthermore, those Koreans have nowhere else to go or they would've went there already.

So it's mutual. Don't expect black folks to kiss the asses of Korean shop owners. No one owes anyone any thanks. The blacks need a cornerstore, and the Koreans need the money. It's as simple as that.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:41 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That is Moslems against Christian blacks in Dafur.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
It’s funny how you want to call human beings are animals. Even though someone’s actions might not be appropriate they are not animals. But if you want to label a primitive people as animals I would start here! Not looters lashing out from built up frustration…

http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/...initiation.jpg
Looters are thieves taking advantage of opportunity. Has nothing to do with frustration and ideology....

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Old 05-05-2012, 05:19 PM

Quote:
I don’t remember ever inferring or stating that black peoples condition was better or worse than blacks in other parts of the world. So your argument can’t hold water! But I will say if you’re in the wrong you will be blamed and there’s no game about it! If you don’t like being blamed don’t do wrong. It’s that simple.
You just did nit undesrstand what I wrote. I simply showed that conditions of living of black population in the US are not a result of slavery. Black population in Africa does not generally have a higher standard of living or enjoys more safety than Black population in the US.
Blacks in the US should appreciate the fact they live here ad not in some thrirld world country and stop treating the state as an oppressor.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies