Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 08:27 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,729,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Yeah, one instance. Good for you, gun nuts.
I appreciate how difficult that must have been for you so "atta boy" goes to you.

The police, more often than not, can't do a dang thing until an actual crime has been committed. THAT is the problem, not that they are all off at the doughnut shop. (Although, yes, there are some slackers and crooked or lazy cops.)

In violent crimes, it is up to YOU to protect yourself or to stop a lunatic from stabbing the crap out of a whole bunch of people. So, what are you going to do? Talk to him? Give him a daisy of peace? I'm pretty sure none of us are skilled negotiators so that's out of the question. Meanwhile, you're standing there trying to figure out how best to handle it, and more people are getting stabbed or worse. I'm gonna get my gun. Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 05:31 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,344,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's amazing just how many stoopid people are out there....way too much really bad TV. Our CCW instructor was telling us about a case he was familiar with. Seems the jury was in deliberations and sent a note out asking the same thing, why didn't the shooter (don't remember if it was LEO or CCW) just shoot the weapon out of the bad guy's hand. Apparently the judge was not amused!
It makes you wonder if any of these fools have ever even fired a gun......

Old 04-30-2012, 05:50 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I could take down a knife wielding idiot without a gun. Just saying.

The shelves are full of canned goods. A can of peas to the head hurts like the dickens.
LOL! What if you're in the produce section or check-out lane? Will you ask the stabber to take a time-out so you can run to aisle 4 on the other side of the store to grab those peas? Or pull out your stopwatch and suspend time?

Old 04-30-2012, 06:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:

The shelves are full of canned goods. A can of peas to the head hurts like the dickens.
You've been watching too many movies. Real life is NOT like the movies.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:06 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:

Uhmm I am a combat Vet, yeah I was on some special teams. I have also been doing Martial arts hard core since I was 18 thats about 31 years.
I'll give you some free advice. Never let an attacker come withing arm distance of you, especially if they are armed.
Your can of Peas? Are you an nfl quarterback or major league pitcher? If not I would leave the pea's in the cart.
Just saying

Old 04-30-2012, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
LOL! What if you're in the produce section or check-out lane? Will you ask the stabber to take a time-out so you can run to aisle 4 on the other side of the store to grab those peas? Or pull out your stopwatch and suspend time?
Maybe he'd choose one of those options after wetting his pants and realizing there's nobody else around who's equipped and prepared to save his butt.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
LOL! What if you're in the produce section or check-out lane?
Right to the potato bin. then if you have a potato gun handy you're really set.

Geting shot with a spud gun - YouTube

Old 04-30-2012, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Uhmm I am a combat Vet, yeah I was on some special teams. I have also been doing Martial arts hard core since I was 18 thats about 31 years.
I'll give you some free advice. Never let an attacker come withing arm distance of you, especially if they are armed.
Your can of Peas? Are you an nfl quarterback or major league pitcher? If not I would leave the pea's in the cart.
Just saying
Yep.....the best course of action if unarmed would be to leave the peas in the cart and ram the assailant hard with the cart.....but people like him who have no training don't know these things

Old 04-30-2012, 08:49 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,166,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Just saying
Most people don't realize, that the Secret Service and FBI manuals dealing with weapons and armed combat, advise that within a 10 ft radius, and trained knife wielder has the advantage over a person armed with a gun.

Even an untrained person with a knife is dangerous, as evidenced by the 2 people critically injured by the maniac we are discussing

Old 05-02-2012, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Most people don't realize, that the Secret Service and FBI manuals dealing with weapons and armed combat, advise that within a 10 ft radius, and trained knife wielder has the advantage over a person armed with a gun.

Even an untrained person with a knife is dangerous, as evidenced by the 2 people critically injured by the maniac we are discussing
That's 21 feet and that's if someone is attacking you with a knife and you are trying to draw the gun and fire before they reach you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies