Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 06:54 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,796,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post

Why do you wealth-enviers never use actors as your examples? It's the same philosophy. Or is that different because you think they' cool.
Good point

-:-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 07:31 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If Obama had a son he would look like a hybrid between Karl Marx and Joseph Stalin.
We have a winner. Most intelligent comment of the day.
But why not just say "so's your momma"

Old 04-30-2012, 07:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
I hope some of you people manage to see tomorrow that unions were involved in the Occupy Movement strike. Of course, some of you just don't understand how much they are involved in the whole thing. I hope I turn out to be wrong but don't think it will be the case.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Here us another of those monstrous lies from The Blaze. I have read all of it some other place today but here is what they are saying.

Occupy Wall Street Plans ‘Global Day of Disruption’ Tomorrow | TheBlaze.com

Old 04-30-2012, 08:20 PM

1,332 posts, read 994,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Germany has the strongest and highest paid labor unions in the world. German CEO's make 1/3 of what their American counterparts make. Yeah unions are bad bad bad! LMAO! Keep drinking the kool aid old man.
Problem...the Public Employees unions are breaking the state's budgets. With the exorbetant retirement benefits along with fully paid healthcare in many cases, the States can no longer afford the contracts that were signed.

I DO agree that the CEOs in the US make FAR too much money. It's ridiculous.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:25 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,086,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
You know what brainwashed ideologues like you can't seem to fathom is how the world is changing. You still cling to outdated nostrums like "bootstraps" and "two feet". Pretty much 90% of the world and the economy will one day be automated. Just about EVERY job will have a huge swath of laborers and workers replaced by machines, supercomputers and robots. Then what? Since you're such a genius with such intellectual economic insight how will people "stand on their own two feet" when there isn't even an economy to sink their feet into? Do we all just stop breeding? How does government receive tax revenue? Are corporations going to allow their precious robotic labor to be taxed like human labor? You can't even fathom let alone imagine the tyranny that exists on the economic frontier. The world does not operate in your little utopic fantasy of "hardwork" and if you keep your head down and you'll make it. The people that rule the world would rather smash it into the ground. So keep cheerleading how bad unioins and organized labor is. For one day it just might save the future of your children and grandchildren. Only it won't be humans fighting humans.....it will be humans fighting robots and computers.

Get a life and get out of your mother's basement. Time marches on and you need to change and move on also.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:43 PM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,265,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Hispanics from Mexico usually celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Want to take a guess as to what that means in English? (Hint: not May 1)
I think you are missing the point. This has nothing to do with Cinco de Mayo. Here is some reading that might help
International Workers' Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The last several years has had a very heavy Mexican involvement. Even the Mexican government gets involved in the MayDay (May 1) protests in the US. The idea is to not work and show the region (city, state, country, whatever) that they can't get along without labor, in some areas, Mexican labor is the focus. I am not sure how effective the demonstrations have been as I don't pay much attention to it. With the occupy crowd getting involved this year, it ought to **** off those that try to just get through the day

Cinco de Mayo is not so much a Mexican holiday as an American holiday celebrating Mexican culture (which I like). There are no protests, it is good music, good drinking, and good food. Cinco de Mayo is fun and festive, not a protest.

I like your reference to Mexicans as "Hispanics from Mexico". "Mexicans" is not a bad word, you can say it. You are not insulting anyone. Mexicans know they are Mexicans. "Hispanics from Mexico" I love it.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:54 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
I think you are missing the point. This has nothing to do with Cinco de Mayo. Here is some reading that might help
International Workers' Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The last several years has had a very heavy Mexican involvement. Even the Mexican government gets involved in the MayDay (May 1) protests in the US. The idea is to not work and show the region (city, state, country, whatever) that they can't get along without labor, in some areas, Mexican labor is the focus. I am not sure how effective the demonstrations have been as I don't pay much attention to it. With the occupy crowd getting involved this year, it ought to **** off those that try to just get through the day

Cinco de Mayo is not so much a Mexican holiday as an American holiday celebrating Mexican culture (which I like). There are no protests, it is good music, good drinking, and good food. Cinco de Mayo is fun and festive, not a protest.

I like your reference to Mexicans as "Hispanics from Mexico". "Mexicans" is not a bad word, you can say it. You are not insulting anyone. Mexicans know they are Mexicans. "Hispanics from Mexico" I love it.
Blah, blah,blah. You do realize I was responding to someone who seems to think that MEXICAN-Americans celebrate Uno de Mayo instead of Cinco de Mayo. She used the term "hispanics" so I responded in kind.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:58 PM

15,527 posts, read 10,496,731 times
Happy Red Day.

Workers World

Old 04-30-2012, 11:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Unions are killing the economies of CA, IL, NY, NJ...............oh wait liberal states.........disregard this post........my bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies