Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Obama doing a good job?
No 71 68.27%
Yes 33 31.73%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 09:49 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,172 times

Advertisements

The Beer Summit comes to mind; and reminders he has never tried Smack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2012, 09:52 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,566,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
As a liberal and civil libertarian I think he's done a horrible job.

We get these sort of threads over and over again and the OP's never mention who they will be voting for?

That's because when you name somebody, we can go and look at their record and see just how pro middle class they are.

Right winger never do that because they'd be embarrassed by their choice.

Well I'll vote for Mitt and that is because Paul is so off on foriegn policy. But that isn't my First choice, it is just a limited one and I won't vote for Obama.

I'm conservative and clearly not embarrassed by my view point, but like I said, not interested in Sheeple views that can only name call. If you have a view, would like to hear it.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:58 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Well I'll vote for Mitt and that is because Paul is so off on foriegn policy. But that isn't my First choice, it is just a limited one and I won't vote for Obama.

I'm conservative and clearly not embarrassed by my view point, but like I said, not interested in Sheeple views that can only name call. If you have a view, would like to hear it.
Sure, you'll vote for somebody that will cut Social Security more than a Democrats would. Somebody that will refuse to slightly raise taxes on the wealthy they are doing great. He'll continue wars, butt kiss Israel, continue Obama's record of excluding elites from criminal law breaking. He'll cut funding for food inspections, clean air and water regulations, and continue pandering to the elites that own this country.

What's not to be embarrassed about?

Old 04-30-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Why would you see it? It's not a painting on the wall? Did you bother doing any research here? What did the CBO say about the stimulus package?

His basic resume is:
- ARRA (you can google it if you don't know what that means and you can google the CBO analysis before complaining about it)
- Got bin Laden
- Bailed out Detroit thus saving hundreds of thousands of jobs and a lot of pensions
- Gays in the military
- Healthcare Reform (largely an amalgamation of what the Republicans tried to do in the 90's and what Romney did in Mass). 5 other Presidents had failed in the attempt
- Financial reform
- Got out of Iraq
- Reduction of troops in Afghanistan

Most of the dirt that people throw at him is just due to the economic conditions. None of the right wingers here want to give an objective analysis and own up to the mess that the right left for him before he took office.

Overall, he's done a good job in a horrible situation. I'd rather his comedy much higher than his performance in office though.
Well I don't aggree with some of his claims and your list, but I admire that your the first that had some points that you like about him and applaud you. The fact that he allowed the military to get Bin Laden I give him an A+ on.

I think the health care bill went down in flames with the Supreme Court Ruling, it seems that he was told of the results and went on a national rant about how they weren't elected and so forth. We won't know for another month or so, but my heathcare costs have more than doubled in the last two years when it was suppose to go down.

The fact that most of the posters can only go on party lines and no real thoughts is just sad.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Sure, you'll vote for somebody that will cut Social Security more than a Democrats would. Somebody that will refuse to slightly raise taxes on the wealthy they are doing great. He'll continue wars, butt kiss Israel, continue Obama's record of excluding elites from criminal law breaking. He'll cut funding for food inspections, clean air and water regulations, and continue pandering to the elites that own this country.

What's not to be embarrassed about?

Exactly where did he state all this?

Sounds like the normal booggie man rants of what the opposition wants to claim... Like Republicans want to breath dirty air...

Can you show where he accually said any of this, if he did I would bet it is on YouTube like Obama claiming there was 57 states!

Old 04-30-2012, 10:14 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,784,290 times
Well to be blatantly honest.

90% of the time - The truth is the opposite of what obama actually CLAIMS.

We need 800 billion for shovel ready jobs - Hows that for a start? The problem is; We can't even remotely fathom that amount of money just TAKEN with absolutely NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT. 2/3rds of that money was sent overseas.

We need to invest in green energy How's that going ? Ooops - they all went bankrupt - What do we have to show for that? TOXIC WASTE DUMP left behind for someone else to clean up. WHERE IS THE EPA - to "crucify them'!??

KEYSTONE PIPELINE PROJECT SHUT DOWN - Tens of thousands of jobs lost.

20% UNEMPLOYMENT They refuse to count the people that quit looking for a job because they can't find one. SO THEY LIE ABOUT THE REAL TRUTH

THE MOST TRANSPARENT ADMINISTRATION IN HISTORY??
We have to pass this bill to find out what is in it and what it says - ram it down the peoples throats even though 75% of Americans didn't want no part of it. "We the People" got screwed.

HEALTH CARE WILL NOT ADD ONE DIME TO THE DEFICIT He's right 1.76 Trillion dollars to be exact; but it won't add a dime! ( I bet obama flunked math).

FORGED BIRTH CERTIFICATE Its more than Obvious - He had to STOOP to a very poor forgery and get it tossed out and dismissed on over 100 court cases but it was never based on CONSTITUTIONAL LAW.

Dismissed for lack of standing - Because mickey mouse can be on the ballot -

CHICAGO POLITICS as usual! AMERICANS ARE SICK OF THIS CHARADE

I'll gladly take Jimmy Carter back......as bad and terrible as he was. He sure didn't spend 7 TRILLION in just 3 1/2 short years.

ARE YOU BETTER OFF THAN YOU WERE 3 1/2 YEARS AGO?? To tell the honest truth - No I'm not! I've been loosing money because so many people are out of work!

PART TWO FORTHCOMING and now a word from our sponsor.

This message brought to you by the simple TRUTH!

Obama sits in a small room - thousands of miles away from the action; watching a monitor; and he has the audacity to claim HE GOT BIN LADIN ??

That's how he is running his campaign now -FORWARD - more deception!

Old 04-30-2012, 10:25 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Why would you see it? It's not a painting on the wall? Did you bother doing any research here? What did the CBO say about the stimulus package?

His basic resume is:
- ARRA (you can google it if you don't know what that means and you can google the CBO analysis before complaining about it)
- Got bin Laden
- Bailed out Detroit thus saving hundreds of thousands of jobs and a lot of pensions
- Gays in the military
- Healthcare Reform (largely an amalgamation of what the Republicans tried to do in the 90's and what Romney did in Mass). 5 other Presidents had failed in the attempt
- Financial reform
- Got out of Iraq

Most of the dirt that people throw at him is just due to the economic conditions. None of the right wingers here want to give an objective analysis and own up to the mess that the right left for him before he took office.

Overall, he's done a good job in a horrible situation. I'd rather his comedy much higher than his performance in office though.
You have blatantly misrepresented his "accomplishments" with this list. Every one of those points deserve proper scrutiny. If I weren't on my Ipad i'd provide that scrutiny. Your wholesale acceptance of these "accomplishments" is exactly what Barack Obama expects from his minions. You follow orders nicely.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:26 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
$15,633,607,255,920.32.. we all should be proud of the big o's accomplishments..

Old 05-01-2012, 01:06 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,222,366 times
Quote:
His basic resume is:
- Got bin Laden
- Gays in the military
- Financial reform
- Got out of Iraq
All the stimulus money that was sent overseas and the shovel-ready jobs we paid for, (which he admitted didn’t exist), is not a positive.

It’s the SEALS who got Bin Laden, but Obama did give the order to Admiral McRaven to make the actual call, so if things went wrong McRaven would take the heat instead of Obama. (Even SEALS think giving the order, under the circumstances, was a no-brainer.) [1] [2] Thanks to the enhanced interrogation techniques implemented by Bush, which Obama condemned and then banned, Bin Laden’s location was pinpointed and this was made possible. Major kudos are subtracted for the outing of SEALS Team Six, which then jeopardized their lives.

We bailed out GM with taxpayer dollars, when Ford did what they had to do without the bailout. It wasn’t the bailout which saved GM, it was their restructuring – which could have done without spending our money.

Gays have always been in the military.

Healthcare Reform – Ah, yes. The thing that was shoved down the country’s throat, when the majority of Americans did not want it. The thing that had to be passed in order to find out what’s in it. The thing which was supposed to reduce health care costs, yet so many’s insurance premiums have gone up substantially since it’s implementation. The thing that will cost us much more than anticipated and, according to the CBO, will cost us 1 million jobs. (Some economists estimate much more than this number.) While some type of healthcare reform is wanted by a majority of the people, what concerns the majority of Americans most are jobs/economy and our growing national deficit. THAT is what Obama should have been working on instead.

Financial Reform? – The big banks are getting bigger and the small banks are getting smaller. GE doesn’t pay their “fair share” of taxes, “Apple” doesn’t pay their “fair share” either. Yet, Obama tries to crucify “big oil”.

Got out of Iraq – On an announced, specific timeline, against the recommendations of the commanders on the ground and without securing an orderly transition. This puts at risk the victories from the blood and sacrifices our men and women made. Don’t forget the reasons we went into Iraq in the first place. [3]

Reduction of troops in Afghanistan - Again, with a political agenda, rather than a practical one. [4]

Why are fewer and fewer small businesses opening? What did Obama do about illegal immigration? What did Obama do about reforming the tax code? How did Obama hold unemployment at 8%, as promised? Why, in March 2012, is the median household income still down since Obama took office? (“Obama Fails To Stem Middle Class Slide He Blamed On Bush”)

Obama and the Democrats had full control of the White House, Senate and House for two entire years and the only thing he “accomplished” was Health Care Reform, which most Americans did not have as their main priority, nor did they want it as passed.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:34 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times
This poll is a joke especially on C-D! This is like asking a bunch of KKK Members if they like black people!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies