Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Obama doing a good job?
No 71 68.27%
Yes 33 31.73%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 01:36 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,313,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Haven't you heard? It seems he may have a new slogan now: "Forward."
Code for ,"please don't point out our record"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 02:53 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Haven't you heard? It seems he may have a new slogan now: "Forward."

What happened to winning the future...WTF?

Old 05-01-2012, 03:18 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Yearning for the good old days of Bush and DeLay, huh? How'd that end again? Right, the Great Recession and prison.

Try putting away the emotion and make an actual real argument sometime. Perhaps if you don't like the guy, you can be mature enough to explain why. By the way, no he's not responsible for the recession he inherited.

5% unemployment and rising wages...you betcha!

The truth is Clinton did more to bring about the great recession than any other person, to include Frank, Dodd, Gramm, Raines, Summers or even Ruben, though they all made significant contributions. It was Clinton who actively campaigned for free trade with Mexico in 1993 and China in 2000. It was Clinton on advice of Summers and Rubin who left CDOs unregulated. Clinton repealed Glass-Steigal and expanded not only the CRA but the GSE's obligation to buy up subprime mortgages generated by it.

Without Bill Clinton, there is no financial crisis of 2008.

And what of GW Bush?

He was warning of problems with the size and scope of the GSEs from 2001 on, but Democrats blocked needed reforms. In 2003, when Bush sent TS Secretary Snow to Capital Hill to lobby for a new regulator for the GSEs, his warnings fell on deaf ears.

Old 05-01-2012, 04:19 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
I hear all sorts of Democrat verses Republican rants and claims, and personally I don't care for a lot in both parties and I rather dislike Obama and for a host of reasons, but to be honest, I would like to hear of why you think he is doing a good job. Not slogans, but what has he done than made your life better. I don't see a lot of good that affects most Americans, but would like to hear otherwise.

If all you can do is name call and chant slogans, then don't bother posting because that means you are a "Sheeple" and don't really have an opinion. I would like to hear some positive, first person Obama stories if they are out there and responses to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Well I'll vote for Mitt and that is because Paul is so off on foriegn policy. But that isn't my First choice, it is just a limited one and I won't vote for Obama.

I'm conservative and clearly not embarrassed by my view point, but like I said, not interested in Sheeple views that can only name call. If you have a view, would like to hear it.
LOL. another thread fail. Complaining about Obama, and then supporting Romney is ridiculous. It is well known that Romney is a flip flopping corporate puppet who will continue Obama's policies. If you were truly a conservative, you would support Ron Paul. The real sheeple are the ones that continue to vote for the puppets, so you can count me out when the GOP nominates Romney. I will stay home.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:08 AM

4,437 posts, read 4,866,813 times
Lets see he has given us NDAA, has us involved in more wars, esculated wars, assassinated American citizens, increase drone attacks that kill more innocent civilians
What he has not done is lived up to his campaign promises.
Is he marginally better than the Republicans, maybe, but maybe is not good enough.
It is the old good cop bad cop routine in the end they are both out to get you, both owned by the corporate elite.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:11 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Hope and change!

you mean just like bush, hope and chains.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:15 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
The only GOOD thing we will EVER be able to say about Obama is - Whew; I'm glad he is GONE!

So what are your plans until 2017? More whine, sour grapes & cheese?

Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Lightbulb So what great things has Obama done?

Short list:

1. prevented the economic recession from falling over the edge into depression (it was VERY close)
2. tough on terrorism
3. reversed the flow of illegal immigration
4. health care reform
5. revived the American auto industry
6. cleaned up the Bush/Cheney SNAFU in Iraq
7. restored respect abroad

That's enough for now. Obamaphobes - have fun twisting these into negatives.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:24 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Short list:

1. prevented the economic recession from falling over the edge into depression (it was VERY close)
2. tough on terrorism
3. reversed the flow of illegal immigration
4. health care reform
5. revived the American auto industry
6. cleaned up the Bush/Cheney SNAFU in Iraq
7. restored respect abroad

That's enough for now. Obamaphobes - have fun twisting these into negatives.
sure thing

1. we are still in an economic recession. it will never be an actual depression because the feds will never admiit to being in one again.
2. lol, tough on terror?
3. still millions of illegals in the USA and obama still refuses to secure the borders.
4. health care has never been a federal issue, should have always been a personal issue.
5. revived? hell, the feds owned gm.
6. snafu? that sounds more like the obama administration, but what else can you expect from a community organiser.
7. who cares about respect abroad, I care about here at home 1st. also you dont get respect abroad when you bow down to other leaders and kiss their hands.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:37 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
sure thing

1. we are still in an economic recession. it will never be an actual depression because the feds will never admiit to being in one again.
2. lol, tough on terror?
3. still millions of illegals in the USA and obama still refuses to secure the borders.
4. health care has never been a federal issue, should have always been a personal issue.
5. revived? hell, the feds owned gm.
6. snafu? that sounds more like the obama administration, but what else can you expect from a community organiser.
7. who cares about respect abroad, I care about here at home 1st. also you dont get respect abroad when you bow down to other leaders and kiss their hands.

Here

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies