Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 12:28 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You are taking much of this out of context, putting your own spin on it and ignoring the non-racist views behind them.
Republican does or says something that can appear racist. The republican tries to justify. They create this perception that they don't care about blacks or other minorities, and the democrats can hurl racist accusations at the GOP and all the GOP does is say its baseless. You see how this cycle works?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:30 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/gingrich-black...234405279.html

here is one example. The fact that he makes those remarks gives the perception of the GOP being against blacks. Now you can sit there and justify them, but once those comments are made, thats all the democrats need.
"Page not found". I don't know what Gingrich said but one man does not speak for an entire party. Why would blacks think so?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:31 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Has anyone done that here to you?
I remeber one! I was in discussion in another forum about blacks and their dominance in many sports. I commented the reason they don't dominate hockey is because there isn't a lot of blacks living in areas where hockey is played. If you ever look at the rosters you'll find at least half of the players if not more are from northern European nations and the old Soviet bloc countries. The other half come from Canada and northern US states. Most probably grew up in rural areas skating on the pond in their backyard before they were walking. These are not places the black population has gravitated too.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:32 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Republican does or says something that can appear racist. The republican tries to justify. They create this perception that they don't care about blacks or other minorities, and the democrats can hurl racist accusations at the GOP and all the GOP does is say its baseless. You see how this cycle works?
If some blacks would stop with the victim mentality attitude they wouldn't be peceiving things that aren't actually there. You have yet to provide proof that all or even most Republicans dislike blacks or other minorities.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:35 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz
If the left doesn't 'need to hurl false accusations,' explain why it is so often done. In post #1 I gave three specific examples of either undeniable false accusations, or advocacy of using them. Interestingly, while there is lots of vague, gaseous denial from lefty posters in this thread, exactly NONE address any of my examples.

It's as if junior points to the sky and asks dad "dad, why is the sky blue." Dad waves his hands about, pointing at everything but the sky, and replies, "it's not blue--it's lime-green."
Tea Party Groups In Tennessee Demand Textbooks Overlook U.S. Founder's Slave-Owning History

Ron Paul in racist newsletter flap - New York Daily News

Gingrich to black people: paychecks, not food aid - Yahoo! News

here are examples of republicans opening themselves up
While you quote my post, you don't respond to ANYTHING that I said. Instead you go off to a new matter. While we can debate the examples you supply, why quote me, then fail to respond to my words? Are you in effect conceding the point, or did you just momentarily lose focus?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
If some blacks would stop with the victim mentality attitude they wouldn't be peceiving things that aren't actually there. You have yet to provide proof that all or even most Republicans dislike blacks or other minorities.
1. I sent you three links where republicans either insulted blacks, or tried to erase history where blacks were tormented, and all you did was blow it off.

2. Like i said before, its up the republicans to change their perception, not us. If you don't want to, or think you don't need to, I'm ok with that. You will just continue to get accusations thrown your way by the democrats.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:41 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
I don't know what Gingrich said .....
I can't find longer versions but would love to know where he's he giving this speech, who the audience is, if there was a question asked and what was said before it.

Black people satisfied with food stamps?? - YouTube

Old 05-01-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
While you quote my post, you don't respond to ANYTHING that I said. Instead you go off to a new matter. While we can debate the examples you supply, why quote me, then fail to respond to my words? Are you in effect conceding the point, or did you just momentarily lose focus?
My bad I got sidetracked with another poster. Like I said before, the republicans open themselves up with comments that they make and their actions. Why does the tea party in texas and tennessee feel the need to change history textbooks in regards to slavery? That is opening yourself up to accusations.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:48 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,356,787 times
Quote:
My bad I got sidetracked with another poster. Like I said before, the republicans open themselves up with comments that they make and their actions. Why does the tea party in texas and tennessee feel the need to change history textbooks in regards to slavery? That is opening yourself up to accusations.
So again, you said that 'we' (presumably the left) don't need false accusations. Yet you never answered my question of why they are so often used, and you still don't answer it here, instead just moving on to new matters.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So again, you said that 'we' (presumably the left) don't need false accusations. Yet you never answered my question of why they are so often used, and you still don't answer it here, instead just moving on to new matters.
Because its an effective tool. You would have to be an idiot not to use it. Republicans never do anything about the accusations except say the are false, so why not keep accusing them, especially when the continue to say racist comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies