Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 01:00 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Why do lefties so often falsely accuse of racism?
I would not call myself a "leftie" (except I actually am left-handed), but it seems to me that if you don't believe the country is FULL of racist, than you have a very high tolerance for racial bias that I do not share.

When people use race as a reason to decide for or against a person it is racism.

When people refer to someone's race as an excuse for anything it is racism.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:02 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,032,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Because its an effective tool. You would have to be an idiot not to use it. Republicans never do anything about the accusations except say the are false,
You expect them to change what they are saying to avoid the false accusation? It would seem to me it would be logical to call out the false accusation instead.

Classic Movie Line #15 - YouTube

Old 05-01-2012, 01:11 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
You expect them to change what they are saying to avoid the false accusation? It would seem to me it would be logical to call out the false accusation instead.

Classic Movie Line #15 - YouTube
they don't have to change what they are saying. They can keep doing what they are doing. If you want to call out the accusation that is fine, but they are going to continue to come at you. My point is either change what you are saying, or quit complaining about the accusation. Here is a better way to look at it, as long as you keep doing what you are doing, we will keep doing what we are doing.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:16 PM

3,417 posts, read 3,072,271 times
let me be clear about what I'm saying. Republicans really have two options, well 3, but the third hasn't done them any good. You can either change your ways to avoid accusations. You can change nothing, but you will continue to get accusations. The third options is to complain about the accusations, but that won't stop the accusations from coming.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:19 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I would not call myself a "leftie" (except I actually am left-handed), but it seems to me that if you don't believe the country is FULL of racist, than you have a very high tolerance for racial bias that I do not share.

When people use race as a reason to decide for or against a person it is racism.

When people refer to someone's race as an excuse for anything it is racism.

Point out where I said or implied that there is not lots of racism in this country. I don't think I did. How then can you say that I have a 'very high tolarance for racial bias?' You seem to imagine that I said something, then based on that imagining, proceed to draw a conclusion about me. Bizzare.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:22 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Nothing chaps my chapter worse than being accused of being a racist, as I recently was by a troll poster. It came up in connection with the case of Zimmerman-Martin. Quoth the troll poster: "It just kills you that Zimmerman is considered white," i.e. you are a white supremacist. But it does no such thing. As far as the Zimmerman and Martin, what I see are two fellow US citizens. If Martin was shot in cold blood then I want justice served and Zimmerman locked away. If it was self-defense then I want Zimmmerman exonerated. At this point I really don't know which it is. That's why we have lawyers, trials, and judges.

But it does highlight the question, why do lefties so often falsely cry racism. I could cite dozens of examples but I will limit myself to three. Spencer Ackerman, lefty pundit is the first. In 2008 some lefty journalists were discussing how to respond to the news stories about Rev. Wright. Pick some random conservatives (Fred Barnes was his suggestion) and "call them racist" was the preferred strategy from Ackerman.
Documents show media plotting to kill stories about Rev. Jeremiah Wright | The Daily Caller

Another example is the 'top 10 racist quotes' of Rush Limbaugh. These were widely distributed on lefty blogs a couple years ago. Only one problem--a bunch of the quotes were made up. Snopes.com debunked it. Limbaugh had a great show last week where he spent over an hour answering the questions of a high school student about media and racism. Limbaugh stated that no one who knew him had ever insinuated that he was a racist. Only lefties seeking to score political points had made that insinuation.

A third example is Mary Frances Berry, who was civil rights commish under Pres. Bill Clinton. She said:
Mary Frances Berry's response to 'Contracting out U.S. security? And will branding tea party 'racist' work?' - The Arena | POLITICO.COM

I could come up with many more examples but that's enough. Why do lefties so often falsely accuse of racism?
Because that is all they have

Old 05-01-2012, 01:22 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,469 times
Quote:
let me be clear about what I'm saying. Republicans really have two options, well 3, but the third hasn't done them any good. You can either change your ways to avoid accusations. You can change nothing, but you will continue to get accusations. The third options is to complain about the accusations, but that won't stop the accusations from coming.
Change their ways? Why? Then they would just be Democrats, wouldn't they? Those on the left with an agenda to demonize the right are going to fling unfounded accusations around no matter what. You're right, the accusations by the left won't stop because all they have is the race card with no viable arguments for their "perceptions" or stances on the issues.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:26 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times
Quote:

Well if we keep getting false accusations, what possible good would it do to 'change [our] ways?' You keep sidestepping that I'm talking about false accusations--either debunked, disproven accusations, or examples where the accuser themselves admit the falsity. Why so difficult to confront that?

Old 05-01-2012, 01:27 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,315,469 times
Quote:
My bad I got sidetracked with another poster. Like I said before, the republicans open themselves up with comments that they make and their actions. Why does the tea party in texas and tennessee feel the need to change history textbooks in regards to slavery? That is opening yourself up to accusations.
What actions, what words? You are putting your own spin on them, that's all. Have you bothered to find out why the teaparty wanted changes made to the history books? Of course not, you just assume because it fits your agenda. Just like in Arizona where a school district wanted some Chicano studies removed because they preached racism against whites. There are usually good reasons for everything.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:29 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,032,070 times
Quote:
My point is either change what you are saying, or quit complaining about the accusation.
Do you realize how ridiculous this suggestion is?

If I were to accuse you of being a pedophile you don't think you have the right and even the duty to defend yourself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies