Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 02:03 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
He was asking for the true reason, not the lies you seem to be sticking with.

The left hurls false accusations of racism because it's the only thing they have left and it riles up their base like rabid dogs.
Not really. The usual way it plays is that a prominent right-winger (Drudge, Breitbart, Limbaugh, Hannity, Gingrich, Santorum, Trump*, and Ron Paul all being obvious examples from the past year or two - and actually, let's throw in Herman Cain for his "brainwashed plantation slave" nonsense), and then acts surprised when black people call them out on it. We black folks aren't stupid, we work very hard, and don't appreciate being told that we actually love food stamps. That's all. When Republicans abandon racism, they'll find that many black people will listen to their viewpoints.

*Trump is, admittedly, too stupid to be an actual right-winger, but he did become a republican front-runner by saying a bunch of obviously racist nonsense about Obama.

3,417 posts, read 3,073,152 times
Quote:
Not really, Obama's done a great job of playing to his base and the gimmigrant population of our country.
According to you, democrats are losing power daily. If they win the election, they couldn't have lost too mcuh power.

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Newt gingrich: I want blacks asking for paychecks and not welfare checks. We see that as a racist statement.

Santorum: I don't want blacks to take your money. We see that as a racist statement.

Change the facts of how slavery is presented in history books. Racist.

Ron paul: racist newsletters. Racist in our opinion.

Democrats: lets hurl racist accusations at GOP.
Again, you take their words out of context and spin it your way. Either way, most Republicans aren't racists. I would be willing to bet that there are just as many racists in the Democrat party or more. You just don't see many Republicans flinging the race card out and pointing that out cause many of them are minorities. The Republicans would then be called racists once again for doing that also.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:05 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
According to you, democrats are losing power daily. If they win the election, they couldn't have lost too mcuh power.
They lose power over people with common sense, they'll always maintain power over their brain dead, die hard followers who lovingly look towards their masters with hands open and eyes closed to any real truth.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:09 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
This statement is fine. If you can love rush then blacks can love Rev Wright. Rush=Farrakhan. No difference at all.....well except Farrakhan doesn't do drugs like rush.
I dislike all racists whether they be on the left or the right but the left likes to claim there are no racists among them and make permanent racial victims out of their minority constituents and look to the white conservative right as their evil slavemasters no matter how much things have changed.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Again, you take their words out of context and spin it your way. Either way, most Republicans aren't racists. I would be willing to bet that there are just as many racists in the Democrat party or more. You just don't see many Republicans flinging the race card out and pointing that out cause many of them are minorities. The Republicans would then be called racists once again for doing that also.
I can take those words anyway I choose. Its up to the republicans to put them in the right context. Here is a better idea, how about you not make those comments at all.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
They lose power over people with common sense, they'll always maintain power over their brain dead, die hard followers who lovingly look towards their masters with hands open and eyes closed to any real truth.
well than I guess if he wins, there are alot more people without common sense.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:12 PM

Quote:
I dislike all racists whether they be on the left or the right but the left likes to claim there are no racists among them and make permanent racial victims out of their minority constituents and look to the white conservative right as their evil slavemasters no matter how much things have changed.
Here is the problem, your party is aware of this, but do nothing to change it.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:13 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,531,599 times
Quote:

Its changed because of so called Lefty's. These same folks who call themselves the GOP today would have kept slavery, jim crow, and women in their place laws alive until this very day.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:23 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Hey op got down to post #8 and wondered if you cared to comment on it

You see to you this is NBFD right? So you will just let it slide......easy peasy..........so then when I call it out as the racist statement that it is you will just accuse me of being a leftist using the race card. Why, some may ask would one do that? Simple. The right/tea party of this Country wants the racism and the
Bill O'Reilly: The White, Christian, male power structure is in jeopardy... | Crooks and Liars

to continue and return actually to the days when nothing else mattered that was not about that.
Not sure which post #8 you're talking about. I clicked your link and it said '0 comments.' If you're talking about post #8 in this thread, I find it to be stupid and juvenile, and not something I would ever say. Is the reference to 'ghetto' racist? I don't know. Maybe the person who wrote it will expand. Is a cartoon of Sarah Palin in a house trailer racist? Who knows? I consider racism a serious matter and I want serious evidence before a call someone that. BTW Obama's house is in Hyde Park, where I once lived. It's not the ghetto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies