Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 06:03 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,222,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
Why on earth not? If pictures of the "rally" clearly show most people are elderly white folks why wouldn't one conclude that the rally consisted mainly of elderly white folks? Are you suggesting that various photos just happened to consistently capture some elderly sub-segment of the 200 protesters and doesn't represent the whole? I guess that is possible, but not very probable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Does anyone that sees those pictures actually believe that the average age of the attendees was 46 like one poster is trying to claim? It looks to me like for most of those people age 46 came and went sometime during the Reagan or Carter administrations.
Selective picture posting, eh? [1 (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/sheriff-joe-arpaio-supporters-rally-04282012 - broken link)] [2 (http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/supporter-mark-renner-smokes-rally-maricopa-county-sheriff-photo-200442341.html - broken link)]

Sco, now that you've been owned, please work on your reading comprehension. I will not engage in further dialogue with you until you do.

/ignore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Does anyone that sees those pictures actually believe that the average age of the attendees was 46 like one poster is trying to claim? It looks to me like for most of those people age 46 came and went sometime during the Reagan or Carter administrations.
So what?

Old 05-01-2012, 06:37 PM

867 posts, read 498,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The people that protested in the 60's are now protesting in their 60's. Some things never change.
Hey, you said something worthwhile. Kudos.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
Selective picture posting, eh? [1 (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/sheriff-joe-arpaio-supporters-rally-04282012 - broken link)] [2 (http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/supporter-mark-renner-smokes-rally-maricopa-county-sheriff-photo-200442341.html - broken link)]

Sco, now that you've been owned, please work on your reading comprehension. I will not engage in further dialogue with you until you do.

/ignore
LOL, it looks to me like it was you who was gang owned in this thread. I see lots of pictures of old people and one guy smoking a cigarette that appears to be in his mid to late 50s. It must be some weird nativist math that comes up with a median age of 46 from those pics and video.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,918,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
So what?
As stated earlier, a certain poster is trying to dispute that most of Arpaio's support comes from elderly white retirees. Arpaio appeals mainly to an ever shrinking demographic.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:48 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Thats for that particular county.

Millions more support him across the country.
Because they only know the media myth not the real man and his record. He is a first class buffoon who has cost the taxpayers millions with his antics and destroyed the careers of friends and foes alike. Hopefully he will be tossed out this fall. It looks good for that.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:12 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post
I HATE having to press 1 for English! Nothing makes my blood boil more than that! ARGHHHHHGHGHHGHGHHHH!!!!!1
Do not, under any circumstances press 1 if you feel that doing so will cause your head to explode or make you go into cardiac arrest.
Either put down the phone or explore other options like pressing 2 or 3.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:00 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Because they only know the media myth not the real man and his record. He is a first class buffoon who has cost the taxpayers millions with his antics and destroyed the careers of friends and foes alike. Hopefully he will be tossed out this fall. It looks good for that.

Pretty much.
I read that two people closely associated with him and involved in the abuse of power case are likely to be disbarred because of their misconduct.
The whole lot of them really seemed to believe that they were above the law.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:07 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
To the Joe haters: just be careful waht you wish for; his replacement may be harder yet as well as being much younger.

1 thing many people DON'T know is most anglo working class and rich people DON'T need to hold big rallies, we're quieter but get things done.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
To the Joe haters: just be careful waht you wish for; his replacement may be harder yet as well as being much younger.

1 thing many people DON'T know is most anglo working class and rich people DON'T need to hold big rallies, we're quieter but get things done.
Really?

How about those 2 stupid ass wars that didn't get done and the big ass government debt? Why aren't you anglo-working class and rich people fixing that stuff since you're attributing so much power to yourselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies