Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2012, 01:56 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Yes.

It has happened many, many times throughout history.
Well at least it confirms my suspicions that at least some gun nuts are guilty of the same predatory instincts on the weaker as the villains they claim to want to protect themselves from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 02:08 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
That seems to be the progressive left's position, when in doubt pass a law against it, when the law doesn't work pass another....
And your right-wing position is NO laws, no thanks I 'll pass on that.
FYI, I do not believe in passing law after law, I believe in passing just and logical laws, then enforcing them.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Maybe you two can go to the bed and breakfast together. Good to see you don't have me on ignore. It's never too late to learn something.
You are one strange little man, but hey whatever floats your boat. Nope, took everyone off, let me know when you have something worth learning

Old 05-03-2012, 02:10 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And your right-wing position is NO laws, no thanks I 'll pass on that.
FYI, I do not believe in passing law after law, I believe in passing just and logical laws, then enforcing them.
There are already "just and logical laws" on the books.. There is no need for more laws, only the enforcement of what are already there.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:15 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Who says owning a gun changes government? Can you could point out the post that said that. I missed it. When government or anyone comes for you,and I hope it doesn't happen to you, how are you going to defend yourself? Reason and logic? Like the old saying walk softly and carry a big stick.

Quite a few people have guns here. Guns have a tendancy to make the opposition "cool their jets". Check out No Guns for Negroes and see first hand how some brave black men grabbed their shotguns and defended the students trying to get into schools. No shots were fired. Those men are heros imo.

Although I didnt ask you for advice on how to run my life, running for local office, as well a supporting your local candidates, are very good ways to make change. Silly for you to think I don't do that.

So in the mean time people should not defend themselves?

Here's one more try at you; NO ONE is saying you can't have your Glock teddy bear.

STOP trying to deflect and imply anyone is taking your "bang-bangs" away from you! You should all arm yourselves to the teeth and hide in your basements. Montana bunker mentality at it's finest.

If you will stop linking your progessively increasing loss of freedoms and rights to OTHER countries with negative spurious remarks to bolster those claims WE will stop these stupid rejoinders that we know are futile on some of you.

No one is impacting your rights and freedoms except your OWN dysfunctional, two party, pizzing contest ,cluster f**K of a government. Do we agree?

You do not need to villify any other country and hold them up as models of what yours is becoming. Your country has by far eclipsed ALL others on demonstrating government run amock!

Old 05-03-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
There are already "just and logical laws" on the books.. There is no need for more laws, only the enforcement of what are already there.
Exactly what I said, your point is?

Old 05-03-2012, 05:41 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I dont think that canada has 300+ million firearms. so please dont tell me that they are just as heavily armed.
No, they don't have 300 million firearms. But they're pretty close per capita ownership of firearms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
No, we are not as heavily armed here, ( a high estimate is 11 million) and most of the guns owned are rifles and shotguns meant for hunting game, not assault weapons and handguns, meant for killing people as in the US.....We just do not share your obsessive paranoia and generally do not have the likes of you, running around armed to the teeth. In my opinion you are not stable enough to own a slingshot, let alone a gun.
Conservatives might be the least stable people to own firearms. I'm surprised no one here has mentioned the sport of shooting. No one who shoots does so solely because it's an enjoyable activity? I'm shocked I'm the only one.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:15 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Your assault rifles are not limited; just the little features of magazine size and automatic versus semi; which most of you morons go about modifying anyways. You got a thing to hear that rapid firing; sorta like ejaculating would be my guess.

Hunting versus assault rifles, mmmm, I guess that means we just don't want to hide behind a wall and put the weapon over to spray the landscape uselessly like you boys were trained. We'll agree to stand off 700 yards or so and use one bullet, one kill procedure like daddy taught us to hunt.

Oh, and that thing about your ownership of guns keeping your government from becoming too tyrannical........how's that been working for you?

please look up what an actualy assault rifle is before commenting.

Old 05-03-2012, 06:22 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
konraden: Now your're talking. Range time among friends is one of the finer ways to spend a Saturday afternoon. Side bets on scores can get costly, but hey; way better than betting on a points spread where you have no hands on.

Last edited by BruSan; 05-03-2012 at 06:56 PM..

Old 05-03-2012, 07:07 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
please look up what an actualy assault rifle is before commenting.
Quote:
Assault weapon refers primarily (but not exclusively) to firearms that had been developed from earlier fully automatic firearms into semi-automatic civilian-legal versions. Semi-automatic firearms, when fired, automatically extract the spent cartridge casing and load the next cartridge into the chamber, ready to fire again; they do not fire automatically like a machine gun, rather, only 1 round is fired with each trigger pull.
In the former U.S. law, the legal term assault weapon included certain specific semi-automatic firearm models by name (e.g., Colt AR-15, TEC-9, non-automatic AK-47s produced by three manufacturers, and Uzis) and other semi-automatic firearms because they possess a minimum set of cosmetic features from the following list of features:
Perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies