Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 01:15 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,974,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
I hope he is convicted and gets whats coming to him in jail.

I hope Zimmerman, like everyone else in America, GETS A FAIR TRIAL!

I just don't get it: the left in America flips out about the detainees in Gitmo not getting a fair trial, AND RIGHTFULLY SO, I MIGHT ADD, and they also, rightfully, flip out over George W. Obama pushing NDAA...but at the same time they demand justice for suspects of terrorism, they want to lynch Zimmerman without a trial or charge

Sorry, American left, you can't just lynch those whom you dislike. Everyone, be they suspected of terrorism, murder, child molestation or jay walking gets a fair trial and order should prevail.

This is a republic, not a "you're out voted so you get lynched" democracy. Let's keep it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 01:17 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,246,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
No, even poor whites have a advantage over blacks when it comes to the justice system. It's not about the legal defense team it'd about the stereotypical nature of how you view the defendant. You just assume blacks are the one who committed the crime, not saying you personally but you get the drift.

These kids are animals and too uneducated to handle the situation properly but I blame the parents of these boys the most however they don't stand a chance, it's a wrap for them.
Actually the greatest tool in the 'justice' system is the plea bargain. If you have no money to keep fighting and you get a 'deal' the implication is you'll be punished if you turn it down. Black or white or other. Courts need this because they simply have too many cases to have to try all of them. But it means that for many the expectation is the assumption of guilt (thus the 'deal') is all thats really there.

Even kids know you don't set someone on fire. Their parents should have been parents and made sure, but it in no way excuses kids setting someone of any color or for any reason on fire.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Someone is being overly dramatic. The kid was burned, but he had the equivalent of a bad sunburn, and singed hair. First degree burns. He was not shot dead.

Is it a terrible thing? YES
Was it racially motivated? Based on the victims statements, YES
Does it in any way compare to another teen being killed? NO
You are right, it doesn't compare: Tyvon or whatever his name is CHOOSE to go somewhere at night and CHOOSE to hit Zimmerman with a brick and CHOOSE to be a thuglet and a "No Limit N**ga" (the he CHOOSE on his twitter account that the media choose to ignore) In short, while Martin certainly didn't deserve to die, he did choose a lifestyle of violence, crime and crude behavior and he had something coming to him.

The kid on the porch, on the other hand...ON HIS OWN PORCH, MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS.

You're right: there is no comparison.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
This case again? There are multiple threads on this already and here are the differences:

1) Police are actually investigating
2) No one died
3) No suspects yet (and really no evidence pointing to there being any)

Until someone is actually caught I think this kids story is BS. No evidence, no witnesses, they went to his school yet he cannot describe them or pick them out of a yearbook and no leads or anything since the incident? BS.
So, burns all over you is "not evidence"? Thanks.

Oh, and ONE LOOK at Trevyon's background will show that he is anything but a choir boy. He choose to be a thuglet and got the violent death that often comes with that vile, hip-hop inspired lifestyle. Case closed.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain55 View Post
Keep in mind, thats how the entire even started. Zimmerman thought he was a criminal and approached him. Where was trayvon's trial? O wait, there wasnt one, zimmeramn just shot him. If trayvon didn't get a fair trial, why should zimmerman get one?
Well, have any of the countless good blacks who have been beaten, shot and killed, raped etc by "No limit Ni***as" like Martin ever get "a trial?" No, but I don't see the media crying a river over them. I got attacked by blacks in a black neighborhood because I'm only half black and don't look or speak the part of the "authentic hardcore gangsta," where the hell was my trial?

And who was this thuglet anyway? He was a seventeen year old hoodlum who, despite coming from a middle aged family, decided to immerse himself in the criminal hip-hop culture. After HITTING ZIMMERMAN WITH A BRICK he was shot and killed...so what's the problem?

If I was in a different neighborhood at night and somebody approached me, asking me what I was doing, I would stop and be respectful to someone living there. If he said the police were coming I certainly wouldn't say "yo, boy, why ya' go and call da' five o?" or some other ghetto slant garbage. I would respectfully say "alright sir, then I will wait quietly for them to come and sort this out."

Those who have nothing to hide HIDE NOTHING.

Now, the kid in Kansas City...in his OWN HOUSE minding his OWN BUSINESS not bothering ANYBODY and was attacked and OUTNUMBERED (unlike Zimmerman) That was a hate crime, not what happened to Tylenol "no limit n***ga" in proper English speaking Martin.

But, the media makes up the people's minds for them. Here is some more "truth" for you about the difference between Martin and Zimmerman:

Old 05-02-2012, 01:43 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,914,531 times
I think the OP needs to decide whether the thread topic is about the 13 yr. old in KCMO or Zimmerman/Martin.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:46 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
You are right, it doesn't compare: Tyvon or whatever his name is CHOOSE to go somewhere at night and CHOOSE to hit Zimmerman with a brick and CHOOSE to be a thuglet and a "No Limit N**ga" (the he CHOOSE on his twitter account that the media choose to ignore) In short, while Martin certainly didn't deserve to die, he did choose a lifestyle of violence, crime and crude behavior and he had something coming to him.

The kid on the porch, on the other hand...ON HIS OWN PORCH, MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS.

You're right: there is no comparison.
There is no comparison.
The foul was caused by both Zimmerman and Martin.
Zimmerman could have stated he was NW, and politely asked where Martin was headed instead of demanding what are you doing here.
Martin could have run home, closed the door, and called the police.
I think that it was a sad domino effect of poor decisions on both their parts.
I would also expect Zimmerman, as the adult and supposedly trained as a NW captain, to have handled himself better. That alone would have prevented this whole mess.
I never saw anything about a brick, do you have a link that I can read?

Old 05-02-2012, 01:48 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So, burns all over you is "not evidence"? Thanks.

Oh, and ONE LOOK at Trevyon's background will show that he is anything but a choir boy. He choose to be a thuglet and got the violent death that often comes with that vile, hip-hop inspired lifestyle. Case closed.
There weren't "burns all over" Allen Coon. He has first degree burns (minor)
on his face, and singed hair. The gas was never even on him.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:50 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,246,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
According to the police report he was not "doused" in gas.
The gas can was dropped after the assailant tried to light it in fire, then the gas on the ground was ignited. This produced a "fireball" that traveled upward.
(similar to when you light a gas grill)
http://opnateye.com/wp-content/uploa...Coon-Final.pdf

That this happened is terrible, but it is in no way as bad as a teen getting killed.
In outcome. But what if the kid has lifetime scars? What if his vision is damaged? If the gas was ignited then someone chose to ignite it. What if its a largely wooden house or an older wooden porch and the house was set on fire? Sitting on your own porch should not put you in danger. Obviously if the assailant was trying to light it serious harm was intended.

The assailant obvioulsly intended to do harm and just because it failed to do as much as possible does not lessen that.

Last edited by nightbird47; 05-02-2012 at 01:59 PM..

Old 05-02-2012, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I actually agree with you, and agree that all criminals and crimes need to be dealt with equally, regardless of race.
I agree 100% and that's my point.

Quote:
The Daniel Adkins case? Happened about a month ago. He was out walking his dog and gets into a verbal confrontation with a driver in their car in a parking lot. The driver shoots and kills Adkins, who was armed with a yellow lab. As you said, you're not familiar with the case. There has been nearly no media coverage. If you Bing Daniel Adkins, you don't even find the shooting case till the 2nd or 3rd page. THere is no indication that the shooter (who happened to be black) was in any danger. Heck the shooter's name hasn't even been released.

In the Zimmerman case, we have front page news for weeks, and calls for his murder. Was Zimmerman in the wrong? I don't know, the evidence isn't complete. But at best, it's much closer to a justified homicide than the Adkins case...which, sadly gets virtually no coverage. That is my issue, the biased, uneven coverage and response of these cases.
I know. I mean, where does the shooter in the Adkin's case live? We all know where Zimmerman's apartment complex is. No trial by press and execution in the headlines for a black who kills a Latino for no reason.

Let's face it: the media LOVES "tragic, long suffering dark skinned black person" stories. It is just a shame that American blacks are so quick to jump on their bandwagon and go along with whatever they hear on B.E.T. news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies