Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 12:00 PM

7,495 posts, read 5,745,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Sorry but if he does not want to release them then they are none of your business. Simple as that. Besides we alrady know his capabilites since already is President and guess what he will be President until 2017. Enjoy.
I hope he isn't in there until 2017. I'm running out of money to support you folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 01:17 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,297,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have to wonder why all his records like enrollment forms are locked away and so many things about what the Rombneys ate for lunch last Saturday are so ready for the Chicago campaign of Obama but others can't find out his enrollment records. Is there a chance that the MSM has rights that the rest of us don't have but won't use on Obama? I sure do wonder about that. Does that Freedom of Information Act apply to almost everything in the world other than the enrollment records of our Glorious Leader? The thing I wonder about most concerning this is that the Leader?? wasn't our glorious leader in 2008 while the press was digging up all those school records and such about Sarah Palin. I guess that double standard of the left only works for them, huh?
But Mitt won't release anything but his 2010 and an estimate of his 2011 tax returns. In the meantime President Obama has released ELEVEN YEARS OF TAX RETURNS.

Since you so damn interested in people's backgrounds ask yourself why Mitt Romney won't release earlier tax returns?

Old 07-14-2012, 06:18 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times
Quote:
The Freedom of Information act worked so well for the MSM to get Palin's college records but seemingly they just couldn't use it to blow out Obama's records.
This appears to be a bit of a hallucination. Colleges are not subject to the FOIA. No FOIA requests were ever made by by anybody to get Sarah Palin's records.

And this almost certainly accounts for the fact that... wait for it... her college records have never been released, and they have never been leaked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
I guess that kind of records are only sealed for The One and wonder why they were seemingly that way before he became The One.
None of his records are sealed. They are merely protected by the same laws that protect your and mine? Are yours sealed?

Mine aren't.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I have to wonder why all his records like enrollment forms are locked away and so many things about what the Rombneys ate for lunch last Saturday are so ready for the Chicago campaign of Obama but others can't find out his enrollment records.
The same exact reason that all Romney's records like enrollment forms are locked away and so many things about what the Obama's ate for lunch last Saturday are so ready for the Massachusetts campaign of Romney but others can't find out his enrollment records.

In fact... here's the score care of "personal" (as opposed to political) transparency:

Released Short Form BC:

Obama - Yes
Romney - Yes

Released Long Form BC:

Obama - Yes
Romney - No

Released School Records:

Obama - No
Romney - No

Released Tax Records:

Obama - Yes
Romney - No

Released Complete Medical Records:

Obama - No
Romney - No

Released Doctor's Medical Record Summary:

Obama - Yes
Romney - No

Final Personal Transparency Score:

Obama - 4
Romney - 1

Quote:
Is there a chance that the MSM has rights that the rest of us don't have but won't use on Obama?
No.

Quote:
Does that Freedom of Information Act apply to almost everything in the world other than the enrollment records of our Glorious Leader?
The FOIA act doesn't even apply to those. The FOIA does not apply to private records of individuals or companies, the Congress, the courts, or the central offices of the White House, nor does it apply to records in the custody of state or local governments.

I think you're probably confusing the FOIA (passed in 1966) with a completely different law... the Privacy Act passed in 1974. That's the one that protects all our college records.

Quote:
The thing I wonder about most concerning this is that the Leader?? wasn't our glorious leader in 2008 while the press was digging up all those school records and such about Sarah Palin.
Ignoring that there's really no question there... in fact not even a complete sentence... Sarah Palin's college records are still perfectly safe, secret, and completely un-dug up.

Quote:
I guess that double standard of the left only works for them, huh?
As usual, you guess wrong.

Old 07-14-2012, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Except that Bush, McCain, Hillary, and John Kerry to name just a few had no problem at all releasing their own transcripts.
Wrong again, Ranger.

Bush's and Kerry's records were illegally leaked, while McCain's and Clinton's (and Romney's) are still unreleased and unleaked.

In point of fact, no president or presidential candidate has ever voluntarily released their college records in all of American history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800
Funny that Obama's people are pressuring Romney to release more tax returns when they refuse to release something as mundane as a college transcript.
When Romney releases his college transcripts, then he'll be in a position to ask for Obama's.

But since Obama has already released his tax records, he is already in the position to ask Romney for his.

This is really not that difficult a concept. How is it that you guys can't seem to wrap your heads around it?

Old 07-14-2012, 06:44 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Old 07-14-2012, 07:31 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Nobody has "sealed" anything and it up to any of us to publicize as much or as little of our personal info as we choose. It's unnecessary to demand this from anyone since personal info is just that. There is only so much you need to know about a person, and then there is obsession.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
So? It was leaked.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:26 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
So? It was leaked.
nope. gw bush released some (not all) of his college records after others were leaked. the only president/candidate to do so.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:29 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Except that Bush, McCain, Hillary, and John Kerry to name just a few had no problem at all releasing their own transcripts.
you may want to check your facts. as pointed out above only gw bush has voluntarily released (some of) his college records.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies