Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 06:24 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
If that gives me free rein to say things like "let's call a spade a spade", then I'm all for it.
Back when I was growing up that phrase had nothing to do with race....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 06:42 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,285 times
The author of that article has lots of issues.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:44 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,913,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trampass View Post
The author of that article has lots of issues.
The author seems highly approval-seeking.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:16 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Here is the general rule about racism that that idiot blogger doesn't get: ITS USUALLY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SO AGAINST RACISM WHO ARE THE MOST RACIST!... I am half black...but if I was in that church he would have gotten his teeth knocked in. Just one more reason NOT to vote for the gangster from Chicago.
What about this Church?

Father Pfleger - YouTube

Or this one?

Sarah Palin Gets Protection From Witches - YouTube

Or this one?

McCain's Pastor Probs- Hagee & Hitler, Parsley & Islam - YouTube

I still fail to see any evidence of your claim of being a centrist, but I note ample evidence of right wing habits justifying their own malevolence by accusing others of what it is THEY are doing. Knocking in someones teeth is Christian and not thuggery? Talk about ironic.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:31 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,776,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You do have free reign to do so. What you don't have is the guts to deal with the repercussions of calling someone a spade. Therein lies the difference.

People say "let's call a spade a spade" all the time. It's a favorite line from my boss, and he's a white dude.
Well, dude, I don't recall any Sarah Palin nutcracker dolls. They reserved that juvenile delinquent BS for Hillary, who didn't deserve it. Neither did Gabriel Giffords deserve a bullet. An unqualified wh*re standing on a stage declaring she's a fiscal conservative after sellng an ice rink to eskimos deserves recognition? To wh*re mongers she abolutely does. Can we call that spade a spade?

Who suffers when this man doesn't get to serve constituency?
The Rachel Maddow Show: Mississippi puts radical politics ahead of women's health - Bing Videos (http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/mississippi-puts-radical-politics-ahead-of-women-s-health/6qai9l3?from= - broken link)

Who suffers from the ignorance of those short shrift character & unfit for the authority of their office? Not just the born. Not just women. The unborn as well. There goes the alleged family values argument right out the window. Whatever could this particular social engineering agenda be about??? Care to call that spade a spade too?

Old 05-04-2012, 05:10 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
This isn't about my expectations. This is about reality and normal human behavior.

Everyone walks on eggshells to some degree. That's my whole point. And that includes you BTW.
I choose not to, I treat people how they treat me, bottom line. Race does not play into it too much, unless they make it an issue of it.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:
You do have free reign to do so. What you don't have is the guts to deal with the repercussions of calling someone a spade. Therein lies the difference.

People say "let's call a spade a spade" all the time. It's a favorite line from my boss, and he's a white dude.
Why would anyone want to call anyone anything, do you view everything white people do and say with suscpicion of racism? Do you walk around in a parinoid state, worrying white people are trying to get over on you? I know many blacks like this and it seems to be satus quo for blacks here at the forum. Got news for ya, most white people go through life worried about there own lives and providing for their family. We, as a rule could care less what the black guy down the street is doing, as long as it does not effect me. The only thing we worry about is, that the black guy who moved in next door, is not the ghetto scum from down the road.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Don't blame blacks. Blacks didn't invent the N-word nor did they adopt it's use to denigrate another race. White folks did. Now the tables have turned slightly, and folks are now angry because they don't feel they have freedom to say things that they once did.

Blame the people that came up with the N-word to be used as a pejorative.
No one wants to use the ''N'' word, but I can't figue out why young blacks reffer to each other as ''ni**as'' ????

Old 05-04-2012, 07:06 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,201,636 times
Quote:
Don't blame blacks. Blacks didn't invent the N-word nor did they adopt it's use to denigrate another race. White folks did. Now the tables have turned slightly, and folks are now angry because they don't feel they have freedom to say things that they once did.

Blame the people that came up with the N-word to be used as a pejorative.
The N word was not a pejorative when it first came into use. It was a slurring of the word "negro" and was used for generations, particularly in the South, solely to identify someone of the black race. I used to hear it as a child late 1930's and on and it was not used as an insult unless a modifying adjective, (e.g. "stupid", "dirty", etc.). People also used to also say "nigras", "darkies", etc. and there was no mal-intent. Intention was solely for identification. When the Black Civil Rights movement began, post-WWII, it was then that word became identified solely an insult, regardless of anything else. At first "black" was the preferred identifying word. Later it became "African-American". More recently, "black" has once more become popular.

I am writing from the perspective of my own personal experience and not anything else, so don't bother posting a link to Wikipedia or any other source to refute me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies