Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 01:08 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,434,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
just another reason to completely legalize drugs and get rid of the DEA and fire all those drug warriors.
And save at least Six Trillion (http://www.hamell.net/2009/07/its-time-to-legalize-illicit-drugs/ - broken link) a year by doing so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2012, 01:50 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,726,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
Exactly. He more than likely didn't want anyone to hear him, he wouldn't get a payday if they did.
The guy perforated his esophagus eating glass because he was so hungry. You seriously think he did that for a big pay day? When they opened the cell, he thought, "Darn, one more day and I could have gotten another million." Seriously?

I've read a couple of stories about this, but neither made it clear that there were people in the building. I assumed he got locked up somewhere, and then that part of the building wasn't used again for 5 days. From this thread it sounds like there were people there who heard him yelling. Is that right? I understand prisoners yell, but come on, the guy was in there for 5 days and not one person said, "Hey, who's in that cell?" or "Wasn't that dude screaming yesterday too?"

That is insane. I feel horrible for that poor guy. I not a huge fan of lawsuits against the government since taxpayers end up paying them, but this guy needs to get a huge settlement and every person who had a part in this needs to be fired.

ETA: The first story I read said the holding cell he was in did not have a toliet in it.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:53 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
The guy perforated his esophagus eating glass because he was so hungry. You seriously think he did that for a big pay day? When they opened the cell, he thought, "Darn, one more day and I could have gotten another million." Seriously?

I've read a couple of stories about this, but neither made it clear that there were people in the building. I assumed he got locked up somewhere, and then that part of the building wasn't used again for 5 days. From this thread it sounds like there were people there who heard him yelling. Is that right? I understand prisoners yell, but come on, the guy was in there for 5 days and not one person said, "Hey, who's in that cell?" or "Wasn't that dude screaming yesterday too?"

That is insane. I feel horrible for that poor guy. I not a huge fan of lawsuits against the government since taxpayers end up paying them, but this guy needs to get a huge settlement and every person who had a part in this needs to be fired.
Eating glass? He did that too cause harm to himself. Only a complete idiot would do that thinking you could digest it and get anything out of it.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:11 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,501,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
WHAT?

Maybe if you are found in bed with her once then your comment would make sense. They pulled him out of a cell after forgetting about him for 5 days and drove him to the hospital and paid for it. They knew they were wrong from the jump but regardless this kid is getting paid.
It's logically incoherent. They admitted their guilt, but paying for the guy's hospital stay isn't an admission of guilt. You stated specifically that it was, and it isn't, logically,.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Youre right. Liberals usually only go ape**** over someone driving without a seatbelt or eating fatty foods.
I'm with the other guy. I'll fill your car full of crisco if you'll drive it 300mph off a cliff with no seatbelt.

And as a matter of record, I'm not fond of the seatbelt laws for adults, and from what I remember, there aren't any laws stopping adults from stuffing their faces with churros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
too bad so sad. the cops should be acting like cops, not like the military dressing up as a police force.
Every country has a paramilitary police force of some kind, many have a military as their police force. It's something we've needed as technology and crimes have enabled greater criminal activity. There isn't a problem with these forces, but rather, how they are used.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:08 PM

744 posts, read 811,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No, YOU can't, but WE can.
Sure, by borrowing money from Chinese. Awaiting your donation to this kids' 20 million dollar payday

Old 05-03-2012, 03:13 PM

78,331 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post

ETA: The first story I read said the holding cell he was in did not have a toliet in it.
He was actually delusional from dehydration and whatnot and was trying to commit suicide.

5 days no food = no problem.
5 days no water = near death.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:19 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
this guy deserves every penny of that twenty million!!!
He should get all his lost wages.
What would that be?

Best lesson here is just say NO to drugs.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:20 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
He was actually delusional from dehydration and whatnot and was trying to commit suicide.

5 days no food = no problem.
5 days no water = near death.
He took drugs in the cell that were more than likely on him.

Old 05-03-2012, 03:28 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Yeah yeah yeah the money is all fine and dandy.

What I want to know is has our POSTUS contacted the young man and expressed how if he had a son locked in a cell for five days by the DEA and forgot about would he be just like him?

WELL WERE WAITING!

Old 05-03-2012, 03:36 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
He took drugs in the cell that were more than likely on him.
so you mean the dea was so gross incompetent that they did not search him?? right..??

thatmakes it worse than it already is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies