Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2012, 06:17 PM

50,070 posts, read 46,625,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
well then you'd be wrong.

I'm gay and i remember knowing i was gay in the sense that i liked boys and felt different on the inside from my peers going back to the 1st or second grade. ( i remember very little or NONE of my life before this)

since it was before puberty i didn't have sexual lust towards other boys but i felt attracted to them and had crushes on them in more of a platonic non sexual way.

also i remember that i felt more gentle or softer than other boys at that age. i didn't like sports, though i was made to join all of them and i preferred playing more gentle games like tag or four square. I also remember in the first grade i liked to play house in playtime at school where most of the other boys avoided this like the plague.

at age twelve when puberty started i felt sexual and romatic attraction to other boys. i had a very deep crush on an older boy but of course i never told my family or friends any of this. i remember also not understanding why my friends liked girls so much.

i was NEVER molested and grew up in a normal family in north dakota. my brother and sister are both straight and my parents are still married.

I was actually the most conservative one. i was the only one of my siblings who regularly went to church, spirituality was and still is very important to me. i even got a degree in religion from the university and at one time was considering becoming a pastor. I didni't come out to my family until i was in my mid twenties, i'm now in my early thirties.

I dated a couple of girls when i was younger but there was NO physical or emotional attracted. it even felt gross kissing them.
n
never chose to be gay, just always was that way.
There are a lot of very aggressive, large males that are gay so I don't know if the whole "soft" or gentle thing is in line if one were looking for signs.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:22 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,579,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
"Gayness" starts when a person makes the choice to be gay.

Not making the choice to be gay is equivalent to choosing to be heterosexual.
Oh lord...

Old 08-09-2012, 06:23 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,899,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Oh lord...
Nothing wrong with prayer.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:25 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,666,717 times
Well my friend his started when he came out the womb!lol maybe 8. I knew my bi-ness at age 4 or 5. However I stopped with women for good at 19

Old 08-09-2012, 06:50 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,594,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
um, mercury wasn't gay he was a bisexual.

and i dated women too, yet i wasn't attracted to them in any way. i know a gay guy who was married and yet also knew he was gay his whole life because he was doing what straight religious people tell us to do, pretend we're not gay and hurt women by getting married to them.
I think more gay people have been brainwashed into being straight (The Exodus Program comes to mind), than straight people have been brain washed into being gay. Brainwashing never seems to workout well.

Old 08-09-2012, 07:01 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,594,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
You can`t evolve without procreation.
Not everyone needs to breed. That goes for straight people as well.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:33 PM

33,495 posts, read 36,991,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love
You can`t evolve without procreation.
No danger of that... World Population Clock: 7 Billion People - Worldometers

Old 08-12-2012, 01:39 AM

1,202 posts, read 1,244,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madd love View Post
Gay is the destroyer of evolution.
Please tell me did you get a degree in Biology or Anthropology? You are wrong.

Quote:
Your post qualifies as the dumb post of the day.
If by that you mean educated. If you are so concerned about that you best not post.

Quote:
"Gayness" starts when a person makes the choice to be gay.

Not making the choice to be gay is equivalent to choosing to be heterosexual.
This post is wrong for so many reasons. Your lack of understanding is amazing. just because you want something to be true to justify your hate does not make it true.

Last edited by plates; 08-12-2012 at 01:50 AM..

Old 08-12-2012, 02:12 AM

18,852 posts, read 14,034,904 times
Went to grade school with a boy who later turned out to be gay. Can't recall if he ever showed interest in boys - but he played with the girls (!) a lot. Ran into him at a hospital where he was a male nurse - super effeminate but not interested in girls anymore.
Oh well...

Old 08-12-2012, 02:26 AM

8,801 posts, read 6,070,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctrain View Post
Freud said it almost always arose from parent-child identification problems and that when things go awry, its pretty set by an early age. I think somewhere between 2 and 4.
You can't say that b/c it goes against the argument that they're born that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Freud thought everything had to do with parenting issues, as we now know, Frued got a lot of things wrong.
So you somehow believe that parenting doesn't have a lot to do with how a child turns out? Um....

Freud or no Freud, the current general consensus is that you can be born with a predisposition but how you're raised can take that predisposition one way or another. So basically while nature may have a role, nurture has much more to do with how a person turns out. Your personality is shaped almost entirely by your experiences. So yes, Freud was right on this one, as wrong as he may have been on some other things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies