Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 11:10 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,526,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Looks like Mexican officials are reaching out to the truck drivers family and asking them for documentation to prove his innocence.

Mexican officials may help jailed truck driver - Dallas News | myFOXdfw.com

Aha! Here it is. The opportunity to pay a little mordida and settle the matter.

They're reaching out alright!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2012, 11:12 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
On advice from my mexican firends I will never go to mexico again because of the corruption and high risk from it.Plain and simple.
At least not with a truck load of bullets

Old 05-04-2012, 11:35 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,664,587 times
When the sign said Alto, he should have had a clue

Old 05-04-2012, 11:57 PM

1,122 posts, read 3,505,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
This is but one reason I choose to visit WND for the real news; other media outlets don't even report what is really going on in this country - NO INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM.

Where is the outrage - where is the DOJ? Where is OBAMA?? THEY COULD CARE LESS!!

OH that's right; I forgot; according to the Obots; nothing on WND is true!
How do you know that the White House and the DOJ doesn't care? I read the article and nowhere did it say that the DOJ or the President had made such a statement or failed to take any action they should have taken. Of course this is not really a matter that a President would get involved in. Since it's an international issue the DOJ would most likely not be able to do much either and even if they did it would most likely take a while to resolve the issue. It doesn't matter how outraged American agencies are. This guy is charged with a crime in Mexico and neither the DOJ or Obama have any jurisdiction there. Either way, the guy has only been in jail for a couple of weeks and things like these are notoriously slow. It's ridiculous to conclude that the US, or "lefties", have done something wrong because the guy have been in Mexican jail for two weeks!
The headline here is really misleading too. This guy didn't get 35 years for missing an exit. He hasn't been convicted yet and could be acquitted for all we know.

Why this is a left or right issue I don't understand though. If this really was a mistake an injustice has happened and that's an issue for anyone who cares about people being treated fairly and justly, an issue that is close to teh hearts of most liberals. I don't really understand why conservatives have rallied behind this case as theirs. Why not rally around other injustices too, like innocent people on death row or people serving long sentences for minor infractions? This case is no more unjust than many other cases being ignored right now. Why should there be more outrage over this case? Please explain that to me.

Old 05-05-2012, 12:08 AM

1,122 posts, read 3,505,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I see the Lefties think it's ok to jail someone for breaking a law in Mexico involuntarily, but it's NOT ok to jail illegals here for MULTIPLE crimes?!
That's a ridiculous statement. I don't know of anyone who don't think that it's okay to jail someone who has committed a crime, let alone multiple crimes. The immigration status is completely irrelevant when it comes to crime. Criminal laws are the same for everyone and of course illegal aliens don't have a free pass to commit crimes. I don't think you seriously believe that "lefties" believe that illegals should not be punished for an act that an American would be punished for. That would make no sense.

It should be noted that entering the country illegally is not a crime but a civil violation. But being an intelligent conservative who is passionate about this issue I'm sure you knew that.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:53 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times
Its next to impossible not to notice the big signs that say Mexican or Canadian Border / Customs ahead...they place them on all roads leading to the border starting about 15 miles before you hit the border and every 5 miles intill the border.... Theres also multiple U - turn points for trucks and cars before the border on both sides , so his story doesn't make any sense...

Old 05-05-2012, 05:08 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Default Missed Exit? Spend 35 Years IN Mexican Jail!!

Those who have no experience with "the Mexican way" of doing things are probably shocked at this. But the reality is that for a number of years now, Mexico has been an unsafe destination. Even before the current spasm of drug cartel violence and mass murders, the Mexican government would regularly hold US citizens on flimsy charges. Then these incarcerated Americans would be valuable bargaining chips for Mexico to use in order to trade them for Mexican criminals jailed in the US.

Be safe. Enjoy your vacation, but visit a country where you're more likely to be able to return home.

Old 05-05-2012, 06:46 AM

109 posts, read 160,068 times
even if they release him, feed him ten large tacos, pat him on the fanny, and send him on his merry way - it's still not gonna stop the supreme court from passing sb 1070 next month

Old 05-05-2012, 07:18 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugality View Post
Problem is that some people want to round up anyone that looks like an immigrant
I said ILLEGAL alien, NOT "immigrant". IA's are invaders, period.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:20 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You also have Americans committing murders, rapes, identity fraud, assaults, driving without a license or insurance. All deliberately, voluntarily and with full intent....Tell me why the crimes committed by illegals are in any way worse than those done by Americans....
No need for MORE law breakers here on top of American ones: illegal aliens are ALL law breakers and most are criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies