Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which groups bring the most shame to American Politics?
Clinton/Gore 1 0.68%
Bush/Rove/Cheney 25 16.89%
Obama/Biden 43 29.05%
Tea Partiers 29 19.59%
Occupiers 11 7.43%
Democrats 18 12.16%
Republicans 21 14.19%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 02:24 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,590 times

Advertisements

Anyone that wears colonial costumes to protests
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 02:30 AM

30,354 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Why, because he's neither a down-the-rabbit-hole Liberal, or one of the minorities worshipped by same? Or because in the job world, he would be too busy keeping a plant running and solving technical problems, to take all day socializing with the elite whose only skill is de-motivation and flowery fictional reports to other elites?
How do you know so much about that poster? I wasn't aware of his ethnicity or profession & work ethic, and it doesn't say anything in the profile either... weird.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:37 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismyspameamil View Post
All the above?
That would be my pick too!

Old 05-06-2012, 05:00 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I have to say Occupiers are basically not very noticed overall i the country to be with nay of the oters.. Inmost palces it does not exist really.Why not throw reagn and Carter in the mix if including Bill Clinton and Gore also.

Old 05-06-2012, 05:40 AM

49 posts, read 84,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Having family overseas and having lived overseas, I can tell you that Bush was our biggest embarrassment. Most people don't know about the Tea Party and many don't know the true differences between Republicans and Democrats, but I can say at least in Australia and South Korea... Bush was hated very much.
Bush wasn't hated in Australia. Besides for some extremists (Bob Brown an co.), both sides of Australian politics generally supported Bush on his policies which directly affected us.

The US president is generally viewed in a neutral manner in Australia -- we really don't care all that much about him. For example, when Obama came here recently, I think the US secret services were expecting a crowd of people to go see him so they set up big barriers, and literally a handful of people turned up.

The occupy crowd probably received the most criticism here due to it sort of taking place in Sydney, but the tea party, Democrats and Republicans rarely make the news, nor do most people really care much about them.

If there was an option for "the US government as a whole", that would be the one I'd choose. Regardless of who is in power, they also seem to f*ck stuff up, blame it on the former president then continue to f*ck some more stuff up. That in itself is extremely embarrassing.

On an unrelated note; MSNBC is about as bipartisan as Fox. If you watch/read either, chances are you're an idiot.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:31 AM

1,332 posts, read 994,777 times
I gotta go with democrats.....how can I just say obama/biden when there is pelosi, Reid and wasserman schultz?

Old 05-06-2012, 06:32 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Photo of the Day: Obama Waves to Empty Stands at Official Campaign Kick Off Rally

Old 05-06-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
To a general worldwide audience, Bush and the people who surround him have to be the most embarrassing.

To the politically informed, the Tea Party is probably more embarrassing. They make George Bush look intelligent and reasonable.

The lazy, entitled Occupy whiners who waste their time trashing parks are certainly an embarrassment, but their complete lack of power (compared to the Tea Party, which managed to get a bunch of people elected, resulting in a nonstop display of breathtaking idiocy in congress) keeps them from rising to the level of most embarrassing.
Funny how you totally ignored that the occufart movement was created by democrats in response to the TEA party.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Why isn't Carter on the list? He was the most embarrassing of all presidents in recent years.
Well, with Obama, Carter has become irrelevant.

Old 05-06-2012, 06:56 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Libya and with no vote from congress. Obama should be impeached for that. I didn't hear any outcry from the democrats. Nothing. How about Obama and the drone attacks escalating under Obama.. no outcry from that. Dems are silent.. a bunch of hypocrites..
I said what full scale invasion/occupation? You're obviously unaware of what that actually entails.

Want to guess again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies