Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 01:59 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,155,200 times

Advertisements

Even something to be ashamed of. What gives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 02:32 AM

3,263 posts, read 3,688,846 times
I too have noticed the negative posts regarding Bin Ladens death. I think it's because Bin Laden was, quite rightfully, killed on president Obama's watch and they claim that Obama is claiming, and quite rightly the credit for it, he did sanctioned the mission.

The Republicans are simply jealous, because they could'nt accomplish that same feat during Bush's watch.

Then again the Republican party is in a mess right now so I think the Democrats should cut them some slack, or not?

Old 05-06-2012, 03:00 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,740,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
I too have noticed the negative posts regarding Bin Ladens death. I think it's because Bin Laden was, quite rightfully, killed on president Obama's watch and they claim that Obama is claiming, and quite rightly the credit for it, he did sanctioned the mission.

The Republicans are simply jealous, because they could'nt accomplish that same feat during Bush's watch.

Then again the Republican party is in a mess right now so I think the Democrats should cut them some slack, or not?
FYI: President Bush gave an order to use all the resources of all the alphabet agencies; and gave them a mission; That mission was on going; - Obama's sole role in this whole operation was to provide permission - & all that was required was to utter one word - Yes! That is the total extent of Obama's role in this whole mission.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:04 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,409,910 times
The only objection is Obama politicising it. Not much mention of the SEAL team and all that went into getting Laden in the past. Also, it seems Obama had a CYA memo if it didn't work out in his favor. Most leaders do not blame when they give an order---they say it falls on them either way---good or bad.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:08 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,903,896 times
http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2_0_0_1_677589_ALvTi2IAAMn%2BT6Xz%2Bg m2FkXt7SI&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1 (broken link)

Old 05-06-2012, 03:09 AM

10,876 posts, read 13,757,610 times
Quote:

Pretty much nailed it. The GOP are getting pissy as Obama was able to get the #1 most wanted terrorist that caused the most horrific attack on america in only 2 years, that they couldn't do under Bush whom had 7 years to do so.

Not only that, but Obama has been iron fisted when it comes to national security, something the GOP tries to pride themselves on

There have been no terror attacks on america since Obama has been in office.

Obama has been racking up the notches on his belt by taking out top al qaeda operatives like Anwar al-Awlaki and countless more
The Terrorist Notches on Obama’s Belt - ABC News

The GOP simply can't touch Obama on national security, and they hate it.

Quote:
Absolutely not. Obama and the democrats have been reaching out the olive branch since day one, only to have it broken in half and stomped on by the GOP.
Obama needs to dust off the belt, throw the GOP goons over his knee, and give them the long deserved whooping that they deserve.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:09 AM

3,614 posts, read 3,489,267 times
I can think of three reasons--They need to clean out their tear ducts every couple of hours, and usually the best way to do so is whining.

Second, they know that the "we got Bin Laden" bit sells to crowds, and will, being Republicans (and third), oppose anything Obama supports or stands for, or is remotely related to.

That's just who they are these days. If Obama is for it, the Republican Party must be against it, no matter how ridiculous. He's played it to his favor more than once.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:15 AM

2,548 posts, read 2,155,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The only objection is Obama politicising it. Not much mention of the SEAL team and all that went into getting Laden in the past. Also, it seems Obama had a CYA memo if it didn't work out in his favor. Most leaders do not blame when they give an order---they say it falls on them either way---good or bad.
Quote:
Thanks to the incredible skill and courage of countless individuals in our military over many years -Obama

US President Barack Obama praises Navy Seal unit who carried out deadly Osama bin Laden raid - YouTube

Old 05-06-2012, 03:16 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,409,910 times
I wish he would get around to passing a budget but that won't happen until the election is over, if then. It's really against the law to not do a budget but who can do anything to Obama since he is president. 3 years and no budget---shameful.

He has to spike the ball over Laden to keep our minds off that and the economy. About the only success he has had.

Old 05-06-2012, 03:17 AM

35,309 posts, read 51,988,114 times
The killing of Ben Laden is one of President Obama's proverbial big sticks,An accomplishment to be proud of to most patriotic Americans, the righties having no class have nothing comparable so they are trying to down play the issue and put the accomplishment in their same hate bag alongside people who avail themselves of food stamps and illegal aliens etc...
In fact the righties dont have very much at all in their spineless flip flopping $250 million dollar wonderboy Romney who was born with silver spoon, likes to fire people, Swiss/offshore bank accounts and has no clue what its like to be middle class etc..

Last edited by jambo101; 05-06-2012 at 03:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies