Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 08:01 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin Rick View Post
And you thought Obama, Reid and Bohener could not agree on anything. They both agree that it is OK for children with cancer to die. And our "President" as usual is nowhere to be found cowering in fear he might actually have to provide some leadership on an issue. And these are the people that want to run our healthcare. God help us all!
Life-saving cancer drugs for children stuck in federal legislative limbo - CBS News
Guess we need to put more of our medical decisions in the hands of politicians and bureaucrats. If anyone is a democrat, then they should not even comment on this. What we see going on here is what they want more of, an all powerful, and yet slow, ponderous, disaffected government, making life and death decision for us.

I'm sure they will get around to it, unless of course they need to hold hearings on sports related injuries or steroid use, or.... well you know, important stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 09:45 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
I'm surprised you don't blame Obama or illegal immigrants for this
I'm surprised I still have a post left on this thread with you around.

Old 05-08-2012, 10:10 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,426,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Guess we need to put more of our medical decisions in the hands of politicians and bureaucrats. If anyone is a democrat, then they should not even comment on this. What we see going on here is what they want more of, an all powerful, and yet slow, ponderous, disaffected government, making life and death decision for us.

I'm sure they will get around to it, unless of course they need to hold hearings on sports related injuries or steroid use, or.... well you know, important stuff.
Instead, we have public industry failing because many cancer drugs are not particularly profitable. When I was going through chemo last summer, one of the drugs in my chemo cocktail was in a big shortage. I was able to get it because I was at a major cancer hospital, but many others had to forgo treatment or take a lesser substitute.

This, by the way, happens ALL the time. Because when you're fighting for your life, you need to worry about one more thing - particularly something as preventable as a medicine shortage. And everyone involved in this process has dropped the ball.

Those of us with rare cancers (and all childhood cancers are considered rare) are absolutely failed by the free market because it is not profitable to produce our drugs or research new drugs for such a small population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies