Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 09:12 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,918,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Are the millenials the parents of kids in their 20s? I thought boomers were pushing to 60 and beyond. Silly boomers, always thinking they are younger than they are. The Xers are your children, not the millenials.
My kids are 25 and 31.

I put both through college and they came out with no debt. They are now gainfully employed in good jobs that they got with no help from me (other than college).

I was born in 1955. A Boomer born in 1964 could still have young kids.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:13 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,123,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
But I just said I filled my car for $40. $70 for a fill-up indicates a big, expensive (key word) car, with a tank of at least 17.5 gal. capacity. The owner is not likely to be making $10/hr.

I didn't calculate the other costs b/c you were referring to gas alone in your previous post.

My daughter made $10/hr working in a day care center. Hard, hard, work, much harder than your "surf the web" job. She had a roommate to share expenses with, and managed to save money.
Ok. I'll adjust my analysis to take into account YOUR car. Throw in an extra $30 bucks. You still won't have enough to survive.

I mean seriously, can you not adjust the numbers yourself? Can you not see the numbers? What are you missing here?

Send your daughter down here to get some blood on her boots.

Day Care....LMFAO.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:15 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,802,181 times
Quote:
Are the millenials the parents of kids in their 20s? I thought boomers were pushing to 60 and beyond. Silly boomers, always thinking they are younger than they are. The Xers are your children, not the millenials.
No, some of us later Boomers (I was born in 1960) are the parents of the Millenials. We tail end Boomers are currently ages 52-48. Not all that close to 60. You keep forgetting that the Boomers span an 18 year time period. While the older Boomers are the parents of GenX, we later Boomers are not.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:18 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Oh I forgot to calculate the "forever young" boomer meme into the mix. You're right. I'm sure plenty of boomer 48-year-olds have preschool aged children. I continually forget how ridiculous boomers can be when doing some life planning. Sorry about that. I should know better.
There are a few people 48 years old with preschoolers, even newborns. This is especially true with second marriages, ie, there are more fathers than mothers of preschoolers at age 48. I work in a peds office, and I see all kinds of parents. There are also grandparents who are 48 years old. I aways ask "are you the parent?" when in doubt, rather than assume someone who looks old is the gp or that a younger looking 40something is the parent. You should know better. I was 34 and 38 when I had my kids. So what? That's how it happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Ok. I'll adjust my analysis to take into account YOUR car. Throw in an extra $30 bucks. You still won't have enough to survive.

I mean seriously, can you not adjust the numbers yourself? Can you not see the numbers? What are you missing here?

Send your daughter down here to get some blood on her boots.

Day Care....LMFAO.
You go work at a day care center for two hours and come back here and ridicule my daughter. You have your nerve!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
There are a few people 48 years old with preschoolers, even newborns. This is especially true with second marriages, ie, there are more fathers than mothers of preschoolers at age 48. I work in a peds office, and I see all kinds of parents. There are also grandparents who are 48 years old. I aways ask "are you the parent?" when in doubt, rather than assume someone who looks old is the gp or that a younger looking 40something is the parent. You should know better. I was 34 and 38 when I had my kids. So what? That's how it happened.

You go work at a day care center for two hours and come back here and ridicule my daughter. You have your nerve!
This is where this debate ends. You've obviously never done hard manual labor.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
And there I thought you were just a whiner. Now I realize that you are an arrogant whiner. Seriously, you really have not got a clue.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:26 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
It ended when you ridiculed my daughter for doing the hardest work imaginable, taking care of other people's kids, getting puked on, getting influenza and Hand, Foot and Mouth disease from them, getting chewed out by parents constantly, blah, blah, blah. What do you think day care workers do, plop the kids in front of a TV and eat bon-bons all day?

Old 05-17-2012, 09:28 AM

Quote:
It ended when you ridiculed my daughter for doing the hardest work imaginable, taking care of other people's kids, getting puked on, getting influenza and Hand, Foot and Mouth disease from them, getting chewed out by parents constantly, blah, blah, blah. What do you think day care workers do, plop the kids in front of a TV and eat bon-bons all day?
Forget it Kat. He/she isn't worth our time.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
And there I thought you were just a whiner. Now I realize that you are an arrogant whiner. Seriously, you really have not got a clue.
Yea. Arrogant because of meat packing.

I didn't know getting bloody every day raised such high esteem.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaggy001 View Post
forget it kat. He/she isn't worth our time.
LOL. I'll continue to take up for those struggling in tough economic times. I'm such an elitist!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies