Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2012, 07:57 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,721,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's not a freaking right, each state sets limits and requirements that must be met before the marriage of two people will be endorsed by that state. That's it!

You can whinge and whine all day, but each state sets its own rules on what marriage is, and which requirements must be met before they will endorse a marriage.

Gays and lesbians want to change the fundamental definition of marriage to fit their lifestyle choice, but not change it to allow bisexuals to marry a man and a woman, or to allow the polygamist to marry his five wives, or his five husbands.
Polygamy used to be legal. Marriage was redefined to no longer allow it. And isn't polygamy a good thing in your eyes, seeing as it's all about the children? Multiple mothers, and more children being raised in polygamous homes.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:57 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,772,958 times
Quote:
It's not a freaking right, each state sets limits and requirements that must be met before the marriage of two people will be endorsed by that state. That's it!

You can whinge and whine all day, but each state sets its own rules on what marriage is, and which requirements must be met before they will endorse a marriage.
And more states are allowing gay marriage every year, so I guess you'll be on the losing side of things eventually.

Quote:
Gays and lesbians want to change the fundamental definition of marriage to fit their lifestyle choice, but not change it to allow bisexuals to marry a man and a woman, or to allow the polygamist to marry his five wives, or his five husbands.
How do you know most gays & lesbians DON'T also support polygamy? I'd have no problem with that, and I'm a supporter of gay marriage too... the two are not mutually exclusive, and it's awfully presumptuous of you to assume otherwise.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:58 PM

37,835 posts, read 21,902,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
There are 1,500+ posts in this thread, alone, and it, like the milky way galaxy, is just one of billions like it on this very board. That's been established over and over again, you just don't like the answer.
Because your answer is wrong, two men marrying each other is similar to a man marrying a woman, but not the same, and it's not a violation of the Constitution to observe that difference.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:59 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,544,880 times
Quote:
Because your answer is wrong, two men marrying each other is similar to a man marrying a woman, but not the same, and it's not a violation of the Constitution to observe that difference.
though it's a violation of the laws of logic to not observe the biological difference.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:00 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,721,919 times
Quote:
Seeing as the only LEGAL reason you're making that distinction is due to one partner's sex, yes it is. Clear sex discrimination and a violation of the 14th Amendment.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:00 PM

33,501 posts, read 37,006,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
If you have the funds to do so.
You bet I do, and you can bet that I WOULD sue.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:01 PM

33,501 posts, read 37,006,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Neither am I.
Your posts contradict that statement.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:03 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,272,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roanoker 4 View Post
Hell, North Carolinians would vote against all of the "yankees" in their state to pack up and leave, much less the "homosexuals". I hope people in other states who are considering moving to that state realize now how incredibly prejudiced the majority of people in NC really are. Of course I live in Virginia which passed a similar measure but NEVER by voting. I think in a few years the people of Virginia will vote FOR marriage equality..This fight is not over and I hope the folks in NC realize their vote just gave their state a very bad image.
It would appear that the GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA AGREES WITH YOU!

Bev Perdue, North Carolina Governor, On Amendment 1 Passage: 'We Look Like Mississippi'

Quote:
North Carolina Gov. Bev Perdue (D) said Friday that she was embarrassed by voters' passage of an anti-gay marriage amendment to the state's constitution earlier this week, primarily because it made the state "look like Mississippi."

"People around the country are watching us, and they're really confused to have been such a progressive, forward-thinking, economically driven state that invested in education and that stood up for the civil rights people including the civil rights marches back in the '50s and '60s and '70s," she told North Carolina's WITN. "Folks are saying 'What in the world is going on with North Carolina?' We look like Mississippi."

8,299 posts, read 8,579,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
because one is the former is moral and the later is not.
but why should I argue with a anti semite about the holocaust.
Wow! You sure you want to be in the company of these people because of your views?

"The Nazis posed as moral crusaders who wanted to stamp out the "vice" of homosexuality from Germany in order to help win the racial struggle. Once they took power in 1933, the Nazis intensified persecution of German male homosexuals. Persecution ranged from the dissolution of homosexual organizations to internment in concentration camps."

Persecution of Homosexuals in the Third Reich

12,642 posts, read 15,551,898 times
When will divorce be made illegal.

It destroys marriage and isn't recognized by the OT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies