U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-09-2012, 06:15 PM

44,929 posts, read 13,491,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Do you realize that that made no sense whatsoever?
I realize that you like anything that takes peoples' minds off what is going on in the campaign. You know, like the record of Obama which we will never see him trying to run on. Come on and stop trying to cover up what I am saying.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Yeah its sooooo funny to call somebody religion a cult and be a religious bigot.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...-bull****-morm
I didn't get anything but a page not found at that website but did see one of my favorite commercials and found how much that baby has aged over the years. Ain't he a cute little conservative in the making?

Old 05-09-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
Sean Hannity is the worst of them all. At least Maher has the balls to call Obama out on certain things that he doesnt agree with.
And Hannity doesn't do anything like that? Do you ever watch him? I usually watch him the second time around every night since there is so little on at that hour.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I don't really sense any degree of bigotry from Sean Hannity--now that I think about it, he is really good freinds with Tavis Smiley. The only ounce of it that I could see is that he has the intrepid idea that radical jihadist are all out to get us. But yes, he does cuddle up to the right far too much, often refusing to critisize them under any and all considerations, however he chips and chops away at the Obama administration all day everyday for 3 hours. I almost find it unbelievable that he gets to sit there and do this all day and cashes in pretty well for doing it.

Limbaugh on the otherhand does go after right wing candidates all the time. He is so effective that he has been known to ruin careers with it.
I see those two just as you say and don't think people who get their info about what Limbaugh said yesterday from Media Matters really know a thing about what he really said. They do like to take him apart, don't they?

Old 05-09-2012, 06:27 PM

20,897 posts, read 6,608,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I realize that you like anything that takes peoples' minds off what is going on in the campaign.
Quite the opposite. I fight to keep peoples minds off the made up, idiotic, right wing nut-job bull**** and on the real issues of the campaign. Bill Maher and his often very rude comedy is not on that short list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
You know, like the record of Obama which we will never see him trying to run on.
Please. Connect those dots for me.

How exactly does a thread where you whine about a joke that a comedian made about the daughter of a person who's not even running for anything helps us consider the record of Barack Obama?

Exactly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy
Come on and stop trying to cover up what I am saying.
I'm not at all interested in "covering you up," Roy. I'm all about exposing you as completely and comprehensively as is humanly possible.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
All you have to do to regain some small measure of dignity is to show a rough equivalence between an HBO comic and a major media source that trumpets itself as "fair and balanced."
There is no equivalence available. Do you ever watch Fox during the daytime hours or do you just get what Media Matters says about them and their night time lineup? I think you get most of your information from some lefty blogs like MM.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I think you take Bill Maher more serious than most liberals. I understand heís a dirty-mouthed comedian. The Palin jokes are some of the nicer things Iíve heard come out of his mouth.
The thing that made me take HBO off my program after trying to see him for over a year is the fact that he entertains 3 or 4 liberals every night with sometimes a token conservative to make fun of so his other guests can laugh with him. I finally got tired of seeing him laugh at himself as if he thought he was funny.

I don't allow David Letterman on my TV at any time because of how he tries to equal Maher about conservatives and stopped watching him when he did his dirty trick about the baseball player and Palin's underage daughter. He is really filthy but not the equal of Maher.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:32 PM

14,217 posts, read 5,671,402 times
It's the only thing that keeps him relevant. I wish FOX shows would stop reporting it when he says these rotten things, it just keeps him going. The only time he gets the most audience is when they report on it.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Quite the opposite. I fight to keep peoples minds off the made up, idiotic, right wing nut-job bull**** and on the real issues of the campaign. Bill Maher and his often very rude comedy is not on that short list.

Please. Connect those dots for me.

How exactly does a thread where you whine about a joke that a comedian made about the daughter of a person who's not even running for anything helps us consider the record of Barack Obama?

Exactly?

I'm not at all interested in "covering you up," Roy. I'm all about exposing you as completely and comprehensively as is humanly possible.
If you want to expose me like you say may I invite you to read on my thread about the words of Lin Biao about communism and how it fits today's politics. I bet I can count on you to avoid that one since it says too much about progressives that you want to keep hidden.

Now back to the topic of this thread. When do you think that the record of the Obama administration will become an issue unless Romney brings it up? Never, may be the time.

Hell, that was off topic, too, wasn't it? Maher giving $1 million to Obama makes me wonder why he gets the free pass.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:39 PM

14,217 posts, read 5,671,402 times
Default Bristol's Blog

And the Winner Is…

I hope this makes her blog more popular. Maher is talking about single mothers when he talks about her. Many women make mistakes so what makes him so high and mighty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies