Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:18 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Being that this is a political forum, I don't think we need Oppenheimer and Einstein to figure out who's she's voting for...
I'm betting someone like this woman isn't even registered to vote. And if the President wasn't black, she probably wouldn't know who is President or name who her mayor and governor are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 08:25 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Stories like these make me wonder what on earth is wrong with people who don't want women practicing safe, responsible sex and not having unplanned children. Not only did this woman NEED birth control, she needed instruction and education on its importance (Planned Parenthood ring a bell?).

The nutbar Republicans, Rush Limbaugh and religious fundamentalists who oppose birth control need to take a long look at this woman and consider the consequences of THEIR position.
Why deliberately distort someone's position like that? Limbaugh does not "oppose birth control." He opposes forcing people to pay for the birth control of others. What do you possibly get out of telling a blatant lie about someone's position? You're not going to win the debate, since the lie can be easily seen by all. Just curious...what's your thinking here?

Old 05-10-2012, 06:46 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,145,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Awesome. This woman really should be the "poster" family for the folks who want to ban all birth control. And what a great role model for the Christian right wingers on anti abortion. Excellent. I am glad we have some values to emulate. Family. Children. No birth control. Let's see her at the Republican convention.....
Who said anything about banning birth control? Conservatives just want the freeloaders to pay for it themselves. There are plenty of clinics were people can go get free birth control, but as usual liberals don't want to hear facts, they just want to hear sob stories, and make excuses.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:05 PM

14,482 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Democratic solution: This lady needs to attend a woman's needs facility so she can be educated on responsible sexual practices, and possibly put on birth control.

Republican solution: Nothing! Birth control is a sin along with abortions. Every baby is a gift from god and this woman should be an inspiration to us all!
Do you really think some voluntary program would help this sick woman?

Old 05-10-2012, 03:08 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,363,662 times
I saw a funny bumper sticker the other day. It read:

"Stop having babies. Your vagina isn't a clown car"

Old 05-10-2012, 04:02 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,360,870 times
Quote:
Who said anything about banning birth control? Conservatives just want the freeloaders to pay for it themselves. There are plenty of clinics were people can go get free birth control, but as usual liberals don't want to hear facts, they just want to hear sob stories, and make excuses.
I think that many of those "free" clinics, lost funding because of conservatives choosing to yank funding from those agencies. No doubt, this woman is receiving some sort of public assistance...which may be part of the problem...there are public housing rules, that state, unless you have a child under the age of 18 in the home, you no longer qualify for subsidized housing...if you are not disabled, or meet other eligibility guidelines...so...these folks...just make sure they don't lose the public housing benefits. I have seen these women, with teen daughters..actually encourage...pregnancy...as a means of maintaining public housing. They don't see employment as a route to more money. They see employment as taking away their housing benefits...it is flawed thinking.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:04 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Being that this is a political forum, I don't think we need Oppenheimer and Einstein to figure out who's she's voting for...

Just thought I'd post an update of her because a thread was ran on this a while back...

Mom With 15 Kids & 3 Babydaddies Gets Arrested & IS NOW PREGNANT WITH HER 16th CHILD!!! - YouTube
If she can support them with her vast wealth, fine!

If she and people like her want welfare, food stamps, health care and other stuff. STOP, ENOUGH...
I'd limit all this to enough to support two kids for a year then on your own.
If she can't care for the kids, adopt them out or do foster care.

Old 05-11-2012, 06:45 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,952,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Stories like these make me wonder what on earth is wrong with people who don't want women practicing safe, responsible sex and not having unplanned children. Not only did this woman NEED birth control, she needed instruction and education on its importance (Planned Parenthood ring a bell?).

The nutbar Republicans, Rush Limbaugh and religious fundamentalists who oppose birth control need to take a long look at this woman and consider the consequences of THEIR position.
I often wonder - do people really not listen or do they just think they heard or did they not do either and simply quote what some other non-listener/non-thinker tells them?

I also wonder - Are people really stupid or just pretending to be to make a point?

I've lived a long and relatively happy life. I raised my children to be responsible adults by limiting their dependence on anyone but themselves. They are all employed and have no more children than they can support. We have all worked and paid our taxes. Sometimes those taxes are burdensome. But we do it because we are good citizens. We don't object to people having large families. Some would consider our family large. But what we would like to see are families that are self-supporting and not dependent on our money to feed, clothe, house, and educate their broods.

Rush Limbaugh did not say he was against birth control. Rush Limbaugh did not say he was against birth control. (That was just in case you didn't get it the first time) While I don't condone his calling the woman a ****, he was firm in his contention that he shouldn't have to pay for her birth control. He did not say he was against birth control. (That one was for clarification)

In the case of the woman who is the subject of this thread, she is the reason there are stereotypical beliefs. Simply because people who are stupid, or pretending to be, will see her and assume that she represents all the women of her race. Just like they assume Rush Limbaugh is against birth control. And when they ass-u-me...

Old 05-11-2012, 07:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Come on..15 kids people. She doesn't use birth control.

Old 05-11-2012, 11:59 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,952,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Come on..15 kids people. She doesn't use birth control.
Um, we don't know that for sure. We only know she didn't use BC 15 times.

Now that she's been arrested for assaulting a LEO, I'd be interested to know what happens to the 12 children who lived with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies