U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-11-2012, 07:11 AM

13,074 posts, read 6,641,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
My advice is to not even bother, he's not going to provide any sensible arguments or anything worth debating. The best thing to do with such people is just ignore them which is what I should of done at the start when that became clear.
I noticed that as I began to catch up with the thread since his response to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 09:01 AM

865 posts, read 96,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
What do you mean by publicly owned? Much of the objections to this issue is them banning the decision of a private establishment, not that of a public building.
The air is NOT owned by the business owner. It is owned by society at large, and nobody has a right to putrefy it. It's a simple concept, really IF you WANT to understand.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
How does that support such?

Read the research closely used to claim such. It is inconclusive.
Only to thos who don't want to draw the only conclusion that CAN be drawn.

Tobacco smoke kills, as well as a host of lesser ill-effects.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
My advice is to not even bother, he's not going to provide any sensible arguments or anything worth debating. The best thing to do with such people is just ignore them which is what I should of done at the start when that became clear.
Projecting again, I see. Your failure to understand is, well, your failure.

The good news is that your failure to understand is because you don't want to understand. The instant that barrier drops, you'll, presto-chango, suddenly understand.

Your agenda has closed your mind. - well your agenda and your addiction.

IF you want to set up tobacco-dens where tobacco is smoked, and that is the primary or solitary purpose of the business, knock yourself out. Otherwise, a public accomodation is a public accomodation and has an obligation under statue and common law to protect its patrons.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:10 AM

18,243 posts, read 5,293,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
YOU don't chose it, the tobacco-pigs "chose" it for you, without your permission, of course. But then tobacco pigs are first and foremost, PIGS.

So why do you let pigs make choices for you? Did the pigs tell you that you had to go to a bar that allows smoking?

People who let pigs tell them what to do are quite weak.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Your posts speaks for you, you want your rights to be respected but no one elses, you'll never admit it being the stand up person you are.
Once again, in your seemingly absolute inability to constructi a rational position, you have cobbled together another iteration of your previous, pathetic strawman.

Let me help you out.

I stand for everyone's rights. I support the tobacco-pigs right to their drug. However, that right does NOT include a right to inflict it on the rest of society.

Read this post over and over and over again, until it sinks in.

Last edited by Beatles4evr; 05-11-2012 at 10:41 AM..

Old 05-11-2012, 10:21 AM

22,267 posts, read 16,411,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
People who let pigs tell them what to do are quite weak.
Correct, the amount of people unwilling to accept the responsibility to make their own judgments is appalling. I'd do agree with their own assessment about themselves that the government or someone else should be making these decisions for them. Anybody that would give up fundamental liberties to suit their own needs doesn't deserve the privilege or have the right to make their own decisions. About the only decisions they should be making is which color construction paper to cut up with their plastic scissors.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Correct, the amount of people unwilling to accept the responsibility to make their own judgments is appalling. I'd do agree with their own assessment about themselves that the government or someone else should be making these decisions for them. Anybody that would give up fundamental liberties to suit their own needs doesn't deserve the privilege or have the right to make their own decisions. About the only decisions they should be making is which color construction paper to cut up with their plastic scissors.
You arrogant sanctimony stand is naked for all to see.

In your pathetic excuse for a post, it isn't the tobacco-pigs that spew filth into the air without regards whatsoever for others, thereby rendering that air unfit to breathe, that are at fault.

No, no, it is the normal people who do nothing to offend, and do nothing more that to want to breath normally who are at fault. They are the problem. They are the miscreants.

Positions such as yours are in need of either psychiatric help, clerical help, or both.

Old 05-11-2012, 10:45 AM

5,385 posts, read 2,112,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
You arrogant sanctimony stand is naked for all to see.

In your pathetic excuse for a post, it isn't the tobacco-pigs that spew filth into the air without regards whatsoever for others, thereby rendering that air unfit to breathe, that are at fault.

No, no, it is the normal people who do nothing to offend, and do nothing more that to want to breath normally who are at fault. They are the problem. They are the miscreants.

Positions such as yours are in need of either psychiatric help, clerical help, or both.
What do you call someone who constantly refers to other people as filthy pigs?

Why, arrogant and sanctimonious, that's what!

Old 05-11-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
What do you call someone who constantly refers to other people as filthy pigs?

Why, arrogant and sanctimonious, that's what!
Not if the people referred to ARE filthy pigs, which they ARE, so your post is inappropriate to the situation at hand. In other words EPIC FAIL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies