Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 10:19 AM

867 posts, read 498,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
So admittedly you're incapable of making a simple decision on your own like most adults, how sad.
Is that a question or a personal attack? In either case, it is stupid in the extreme, and the answer given by the poser even more-stupid.

And finally, I must point out that your use of strawmen is pathetic. I never said or indicated such a thing, but you built the strawman all by your lonesome self, out of whole cloth

If you are going to use childish debate tactics, you might want to throw in an occasional red herring as well (wiki can help you understand what that is - you seem to already know what a strawman is).

Old 05-10-2012, 10:20 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
How many more times are you going to continue to violate the TOS with your foul attitude and insults?
I personally enjoy it and let them go on, it only makes them look bad and as I've said before you can always tell you're winning an argument when someone starts slinging the mud.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
If I entered an establishment that said "Stink bombs Allowed" what do I have to complain about? If you are adverse to the smell of stink bombs most people will go elsewhere instead of whining and crying about it.
Another peck of debate poop (wiki can help you with the definition of "peck" and it isn't what a bird does).

Old 05-10-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
I personally enjoy it and let them go on, it only makes them look bad and as I've said before you can always tell you're winning an argument when someone starts slinging the mud.
As I informed you earlier, you already lost - you're just twitching now.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:22 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatles4evr View Post
Obviously, you are wrong, because it is the law here. A provision of having the "privilege" of running a bar under a license. So tobacco-pigs lose, and will continue to lose, because at heart of the issue is the rights of the normal people vs the assaults of the tobacco-pigs.

And who excatly passes these laws & wants them passed? Name calling I see how mature.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
And who excatly passes these laws & wants them passed? Name calling I see how mature.
Care for some punctuation?

Using a general descriptor or label for a class of people, when not applied specifically to a single person present in form or function, is NOT name calling.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I am aware of no violations I have committed. Nobody in authority has notified me of such. However, if I am, I will, obviously, modify post-haste-.
You should probably read them and they usually are the same on every forum. The person you're attacking will report the post or someone else, I can care and I would assume no one else has done so .

To clarify and paraphrase the rules:

"Attack arguments, not people"

Calling someone a "pig" would be a personal attack, nearly every post you've made in this thread violates the rules but that's my opinion.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
And who excatly passes these laws & wants them passed?
Civics 101

1. Legislative bodies, either city councils or state legislatures.

2. Normal, rational, non-tobacco-pig people. You know, the people that don't stink-up the world with toxic tobacco-effluent.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:33 AM

Quote:
You should probably read them and they usually are the same on every forum. The person you're attacking will report the post or someone else, I can care and I would assume no one else has done so .

To clarify and paraphrase the rules:

"Attack arguments, not people"

Calling someone a "pig" would be a personal attack, nearly every post you've made in this thread violates the rules but that's my opinion.
I never called an individual poster a pig, just a class of people, to wit tobacco-pigs. Try to be a bit more discerning in your analysis.
However, if those in authority indicate a violation of the rules to me, I will be more-than-happy to modify. However, I firmly believe I am on solid ground.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Another peck of debate poop (wiki can help you with the definition of "peck" and it isn't what a bird does).
Two scenarios:

A. You walk up to bar and it says "smoking allowed".

B. You walk up to a bar and it says "Stink Bobs Allowed"

Why do you think you would have the right to complain about either activity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies