Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2012, 02:41 PM

15,698 posts, read 7,511,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Google inquisition and enjoy the horror.

Muslim and Christian believe the same God. So they are all the same to me. :-)
Christ is the Son of God, not a prophet. So, no they would like you to believe the same, but no where is it the same. God has no use for virgins and neither will we when we die.

That which is spirit is spirit and that which is flesh, is flesh. And neither the twain shall meet in Heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Why? Do you have any problem with a human body?
I don't. Why do people have a problem with the 10 commandments?

Old 05-09-2012, 02:42 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,486,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Christ is the Son of God, not a prophet. So, no they would like you to believe the same, but no where is it the same. God has no use for virgins and neither will we when we die.

That which is spirit is spirit and that which is flesh, is flesh. And neither the twain shall meet in Heaven.
Pot calling kettle black!

Old 05-09-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Pot calling kettle black!
No, just merely stating the obvious difference and perhaps it isn't the same God at all.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
I don't. Why do people have a problem with the 10 commandments?
For me, because it's hypocritical. Why don't you at least try to stick to the 10 Commandments? If you aren't even willing to try, why do you tell me and my children for?

Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,997,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
Why is it that when Christians want to express their religion people get pissed off, but it is perfectly fine to express Anti Christian beliefs or Atheist beliefs?
Ahem - this is NOT about expressing beliefs (or lack thereof). Last time I checked, you were able to freely express your religious belief in this great country of ours.

Rather, this is about displaying a particular religious text (part of a religious doctrine) within the confines of a public building - in this case, a school - in a nation that separates church and state (for good reason) and which does not endorse any one particular religion (or lack thereof). This is done, in part, to make this nation a welcoming home to EVERYBODY, regardless of creed, color, race, background, etc.

Thus, the issue here is concerned with religions (more specifically, with the Christian religion) - you can look up what counts as a "religion" around the world. All religions involve a superhuman being... Therefore, "Anti-Christian" is NOT a religion. Nor is, obviously, "atheism."

Besides, how often have you seen "anti-Christian" or Atheist doctrine (whatever that may be) being permanently displayed in school? And no, science is not considered anti-Christian or atheist doctrine, either.

Thus, may I suggest that you are not fully grasping the issue at hand?

Old 05-09-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
No, just merely stating the obvious difference and perhaps it isn't the same God at all.
If you say so. Which one is real? :-)

Old 05-09-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:
For me, because it's hypocritical. Why don't you at least try to stick to the 10 Commandments? If you aren't even willing to try, why do you tell me and my children for?
Flawed humans, know any? Through God's eyes we are all perfect. I find solace in that, that even the thief that hung with Him found his place in the Kingdom. We should all be that lucky.

However, the topic at hand is the display of an artifact from our social (law) history with in public buildings and what to leave in and what to leave out per our laws today. This discussion and all those like it is just so telling it ain't real. Where we are going into our future of society, is it worse or better than where we have been?

Old 05-09-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
If you say so. Which one is real? :-)
That is for the person to determine. "Can lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink".

Old 05-09-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
That is for the person to determine. "Can lead a horse to water, but can't make him drink".
Ah, I thought God exists regardless of human. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies